Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Quattrodave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Sport mode Vs Sport +

Post by Quattrodave » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Salad wrote: My personal opinion is that the insurance companies wouldn't be checking an ECU unless there was a death caused.
wtAf

I'm struggling on where to begin with a response to such an inane comment, especially when considering the tone/language of your original request and comments.

I fear I will slide into a tirade of expletives if I don'tjust put the laptop down and make another mojito

davidv111
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by davidv111 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Salad wrote:Come on fella's there's no need to get so upset and if you don't mind me saying just a little bit paranoid. I don't plan to be hanging the ass out in the town centre just when it's safe to do so. Just near Sonnyx's house for example!!! Hee hee

And for that plank 'Twenny' who mentioned I shouldn't be mentioning it on a public forum...! You need to get out more mate!

My personal opinion is that the insurance companies wouldn't be checking an ECU unless there was a death caused.

Oh by the way, happy new year.
Let's hope you don't kill someone then
On Order: Snapper Rocks Blue 440i Auto; Dynamic & M Sport + packs, digital dash & more

Now: Estoril LCI M135i Manual

Previous: Thunder grey 2013 MINI JCW GP
Slate grey Porsche Cayman 2.7
Saphire black E82 120d M Sport

Salad

Post by Salad » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Mojito? Does it have an umbrella in it?
My original post was simply requesting the understanding of how to turn off all traction assistance and my tone was very polite unlike some responses on here.

Your right though, grab another drink, kick your slippers off and enjoy another episode of strickly or the archers!

Twenny

Sport mode Vs Sport +

Post by Twenny » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Salad wrote:Mojito? Does it have an umbrella in it?
My original post was simply requesting the understanding of how to turn off all traction assistance and my tone was very polite unlike some responses on here.

Your right though, grab another drink, kick your slippers off and enjoy another episode of strickly or the archers!

Strickly hahaha FML

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Quattrodave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Quattrodave » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:57 pm

Clearly not a mojito drinker!

I should clarify on tone, i wasn't suggesting you weren't polite but the tone of your comments makes you come across as billy big bollocks which I'm sure others have thought hence so many of us being concerned you're going to drive round like a twunt.

But as I'm sure we all know, if the tone of comment/email/post can be taken in the wrong way then it will be, sods law. Perhaps it's that that's brought everyone to the same concern?

As an aside you seem to be suggesting I'm old and boring, far from it, I've never owned slippers and have never watched Strictly or listened to the Archers 0 out of 3.

binocular
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by binocular » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Quattrodave wrote:

Clearly not a mojito drinker!

I should clarify on tone, i wasn't suggesting you weren't polite but the tone of your comments makes you come across as billy big bollocks which I'm sure others have thought hence so many of us being concerned you're going to drive round like a twunt.

But as I'm sure we all know, if the tone of comment/email/post can be taken in the wrong way then it will be, sods law. Perhaps it's that that's brought everyone to the same concern?

As an aside you seem to be suggesting I'm old and boring, far from it, I've never owned slippers and have never watched Strictly or listened to the Archers 0 out of 3.
Listened to the Archers once when I was poorly and have never felt well since. Anyway what the hell is strickly or strictly and what's the difference?

Alpine White F20 M135i, auto, adaptive, MPE.

joshR

Post by joshR » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Trackdays or better yet, drift days.

Oulton park run a few from time to time. Its pretty cheap (usually £90) and the surface is concrete with a high glass content - meaning its super slippy and you can get sideways at low speeds and really learn your car.

Oh and you may find it tough to hold a nice slide with soft OEM suspension and open diff!

Josh..

HammyUK
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by HammyUK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:32 pm

joshR wrote:Trackdays or better yet, drift days.

Oulton park run a few from time to time. Its pretty cheap (usually £90) and the surface is concrete with a high glass content - meaning its super slippy and you can get sideways at low speeds and really learn your car.

Oh and you may find it tough to hold a nice slide in a 118D!

Josh..

FTFY
F21 135i pre-lci, AW, 3dr, CR, HK and an ever increasing toy list :D

binocular
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by binocular » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 pm

HammyUK wrote:

Josh..

FTFY
Oulton is a fantastic circuit. There are not many slow corners though (perhaps Fosters thru to Knickerbrook on the Clubman circuit) but there are also some seriously fast corners when taken at racing speed. I am not embarrassed to say that I drew the line at thinking about being sideways through Druids or Old Hall - happy to call it lack or talent/balls or probably both ☹️

Alpine White F20 M135i, auto, adaptive, MPE.

Adamchase
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Adamchase » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:26 am

The ECU recording data is BullSH*T, if you've ever watched police interceptor programs you always see after a major collision they try to piece together what's happened from them funny cameras, measuring skids marks, road surfaces how far the cars gone off course and where it's ended up from where it should have been but you never hear them say oh well take it back and see how fast it was going.
Now: BMW 125d Msport, Red Leathers, Alpine White, Sports Auto
Audi RS3 Sportback, Nardo-Grey, S-Tronic Auto.

toiletduck

Post by toiletduck » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:38 am

Sport+ will let you get the car out of shape, but it'll cut power before you're too sideways to recover. Sport mode I believe does nothing other than make the throttle a bit more responsive.

Lambster
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lambster » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:19 am

HammyUK wrote:

Josh..

FTFY
Haha.

Hey guys. Looking to drift my transit van on public roads and generally be a dick. Can you help? I've watched Fast & Furious so I know how to drift, it's fine.
/s
M140i: Man., 3 door, EB, HK, Adaptive Suspension, Adaptive LED w/ HB assist, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Driver Comfort pack, Media Pro, Folding mirrors

Please help the Mods by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

HammyUK
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by HammyUK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:38 am

Adamchase wrote:The ECU recording data is BullSH*T, if you've ever watched police interceptor programs you always see after a major collision they try to piece together what's happened from them funny cameras, measuring skids marks, road surfaces how far the cars gone off course and where it's ended up from where it should have been but you never hear them say oh well take it back and see how fast it was going.

Wrong - yes they will data record using lasers and scanning technology to record the entire scene as it is at that final point.
However they will also interrogate the vehicles systems.
That is a fact - there are two locations here in Hampshire specifically for that purpose where the vehicles are taken for forensics investigations.
F21 135i pre-lci, AW, 3dr, CR, HK and an ever increasing toy list :D

Invisiblename
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Invisiblename » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:50 am

HammyUK wrote:
Adamchase wrote:The ECU recording data is BullSH*T, if you've ever watched police interceptor programs you always see after a major collision they try to piece together what's happened from them funny cameras, measuring skids marks, road surfaces how far the cars gone off course and where it's ended up from where it should have been but you never hear them say oh well take it back and see how fast it was going.

Wrong - yes they will data record using lasers and scanning technology to record the entire scene as it is at that final point.
That is a fact - there are two locations here in Hampshire specifically for that purpose where the vehicles are taken for forensics investigations.
Here's an article about it: http://www.driving.co.uk/news/how-your- ... movements/
M140i Mineral Grey / Corel Red, auto, Adaptive Suspension, Pro Media, heated seats & wheel, Sunroof, reverse camera, assisted park (now THAT''S scary!), Harman Kardon, CarPlay
Previous E89 Z4 2.8i M sport

Quattrodave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Quattrodave » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:50 am

HammyUK wrote:

Hi Hammy, where in Hampshire? I hadn't considered that your name could be short for Hampshire! I live between Southampton & Portsmouth - you know, that part of the country that's so gridlocked at the times that I'm driving it's almost pointless having such a powerful car! Of course, Christmas and summer holidays liberates enough tarmac to make owning a fun car worthwhile ;)

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”