Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Sport mode Vs Sport +

Post by Twenny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:19 am

Invisiblename wrote:
HammyUK wrote:
Adamchase wrote:The ECU recording data is BullSH*T, if you've ever watched police interceptor programs you always see after a major collision they try to piece together what's happened from them funny cameras, measuring skids marks, road surfaces how far the cars gone off course and where it's ended up from where it should have been but you never hear them say oh well take it back and see how fast it was going.

Wrong - yes they will data record using lasers and scanning technology to record the entire scene as it is at that final point.
However they will also interrogate the vehicles systems.
That is a fact - there are two locations here in Hampshire specifically for that purpose where the vehicles are taken for forensics investigations.
Here's an article about it: http://www.driving.co.uk/news/how-your- ... movements/
That's a very very interesting read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp/BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles/Rieger diffuser/Darklines/cruise control/130i front discs/VMR v710/Eibach ARB
My blog thing - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

HammyUK
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by HammyUK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:47 am

Not short for Hampshire!

There's one in the south and another in the north - non-descript industrial buildings is as far as I'll say.

Adding on from that link above - the button that BMW's have above the mirror, to call in the event of a breakdown or accident is linked to your entire system and will tell them exactly what is wrong with the car, it's location, etc.
If you don't think that info and a lot more isn't available to the Police then you probably shouldn't be in charge of a vehicle.
F21 135i pre-lci, AW, 3dr, CR, HK and an ever increasing toy list :D

Benis
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Benis » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Adamchase wrote:The ECU recording data is BullSH*T, if you've ever watched police interceptor programs you always see after a major collision they try to piece together what's happened from them funny cameras, measuring skids marks, road surfaces how far the cars gone off course and where it's ended up from where it should have been but you never hear them say oh well take it back and see how fast it was going.
The crash investigation is a way to piece together the whole picture. Vehicle record data can be used to support or refute physical evidence found at the scene.

Salad

Post by Salad » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Adamchase you talk a lot of sense but there seems to be a lot of others on here who are just a little bit fun adverse!

You may have forgotten so I'll remind you that the BMW is described as a 'drivers car' this means it needs to be driven. Not stupidly, not irresponsibly, not putting others at risk but never the less DRIVEN.

I get the feeling following lost of the posts on this thread that if I lined most of you up there would be a sea of blue shirts and chinos...!

Twenny

Sport mode Vs Sport +

Post by Twenny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Salad wrote:You may have forgotten so I'll remind you that the BMW is described as a 'drivers car' this means it needs to be driven. Not stupidly, not irresponsibly, not putting others at risk but never the less DRIVEN.
Any pics of your car? Would love to see the machine you send sideways when you's driving.

P-Torqued 266bhp/BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles/Rieger diffuser/Darklines/cruise control/130i front discs/VMR v710/Eibach ARB

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Twenny wrote:Any pics of your car? Would love to see the machine you send sideways when you's driving.
118d

Invisiblename
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Invisiblename » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Salad wrote:Adamchase you talk a lot of sense but there seems to be a lot of others on here who are just a little bit fun adverse!

You may have forgotten so I'll remind you that the BMW is described as a 'drivers car' this means it needs to be driven. Not stupidly, not irresponsibly, not putting others at risk but never the less DRIVEN.

I get the feeling following lost of the posts on this thread that if I lined most of you up there would be a sea of blue shirts and chinos...!
You know something, you're starting to sound more & more like an immature, little twit and one of the main reasons the cost of car insurance keeps going up!
M140i Mineral Grey / Corel Red, auto, Adaptive Suspension, Pro Media, heated seats & wheel, Sunroof, reverse camera, assisted park (now THAT''S scary!), Harman Kardon, CarPlay
Previous E89 Z4 2.8i M sport

davidv111
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by davidv111 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:47 pm

Salad wrote:I get the feeling following lost of the posts on this thread that if I lined most of you up there would be a sea of blue shirts and chinos...!
What's with the odd clothing dig? I imagine you would be dressed in an Adidas tracksuit with some fake Nike trainers trying to look cool drifting your diesel - in the McDonald's car park with your pals?

I'm probably way off the mark and that's why insulating or trying to depict people based on their responses is really kind of stupid
On Order: Snapper Rocks Blue 440i Auto; Dynamic & M Sport + packs, digital dash & more

Now: Estoril LCI M135i Manual

Previous: Thunder grey 2013 MINI JCW GP
Slate grey Porsche Cayman 2.7
Saphire black E82 120d M Sport

Invisiblename
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Invisiblename » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 pm

davidv111 wrote:
Salad wrote:I get the feeling following lost of the posts on this thread that if I lined most of you up there would be a sea of blue shirts and chinos...!
What's with the odd clothing dig? I imagine you would be dressed in an Adidas tracksuit with some fake Nike trainers trying to look cool drifting your diesel - in the McDonald's car park with your pals?

I'm probably way off the mark and that's why insulating or trying to depict people based on their responses is really kind of stupid
There again, maybe you're spot on!
M140i Mineral Grey / Corel Red, auto, Adaptive Suspension, Pro Media, heated seats & wheel, Sunroof, reverse camera, assisted park (now THAT''S scary!), Harman Kardon, CarPlay
Previous E89 Z4 2.8i M sport

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:57 pm

I think he's nailed it lol

HammyUK
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by HammyUK » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:07 am

Salad wrote:Adamchase you talk a lot of sense but there seems to be a lot of others on here who are just a little bit fun adverse!

Maybe name a place then and you'll end up with egg on your face.
Not McD's as they don't have real eggs.
F21 135i pre-lci, AW, 3dr, CR, HK and an ever increasing toy list :D

Beefy

Post by Beefy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:24 pm

On the subject of the ecu logging data. It does and in detail. I can speak from direct family experience.
My mother had an accident in a 2011 Toyota and there was a dispute as to whether she actually had braked before hitting the stationery car in front as there were no tyre marks left on the road and suggested she hadn't even though she said she was definitely braking and he car wasn't slowing down. Also the police and fire service were concerned that the airbags hadn't deployed considering the level of damage.
Following the accident the police instructed someone from Toyota HQ to inspect the vehicle the report showed all data stored.

Speed, gear, rpm, lights on/off.
Brake applied and the pressure applied.
Speed at point of brake application, and the speed at point of impact.
Abs active.
Steering angle.
The G's each crash sensor recorded.
The milliseconds it activated the seat belt pretensioner after impact.
Speed of deceleration during the accident.
Gps position.
The list goes on....

The outcome was the airbag system worked as designed, no airbags required. In fairness the roof was cut off to get her out but mainly due to neck pains.
The brakes were applied hard but the speed drop didn't match the brake application and no abs active.
End result she was put at blame and had to attend a driver improvement day.

Quite badly 12 months after the accident she had an emergency recall letter from Toyota with reference to her specific model and build batch having debris in the brake master cylinder, this was causing reduced brake pressure being applied relative to pedal pressure. Exactly what she stated at the point of the accident!! We contacted Toyota and were typically unhelpful and said we couldn't do anything as the car was scrapped.

Basically they know what, where, when and how...... if they can be bothered.

Essay over sorry :lol:

Jahjaman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Jahjaman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 am

Aussie M140i 5 door
Underbody brace - Quaife LSD - Eibach Pro springs - SuperPro camber bushes - BCS cat back

Speedychuck
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Speedychuck » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 am

standalone management FTW
'09 AW N54 135i - CIC - Logic 7 HiFi - MHD Stage2+ 98 - Wagner Evo 1 Performance I/C - VRSF Intakes - STC downpipes - 550i Clutch - BMWP Mirrors / Diffuser / Grilles / Skirts / Y-Pipe - SSDD Spoiler
12.9sec 1/4 mile @ 112mph - Santa Pod

sonnyx

Post by sonnyx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Jahjaman wrote:Image
Whats your point Jahjaman you saying the OP was a train driver trying to drift a diesel 118d train?
Range Rover Vogue v8 17 Matt black 22" wheels
Red Alfa

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”