Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Plantjuk
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Pure scum

Postby Plantjuk » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:25 pm

iAde46 wrote:Bumper/quarter panel gap looks a little wider as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look that way in the pic but the gap is ok thankfully.
M135i LCI, mineral grey, auto, bus nav, power folding mirrors, heated seats, coral red leather and front & rear pdc, performance grills, BMS exhaust tips, enhanced Bluetooth and office function coded via bimmercode app.

Plantjuk

Postby Plantjuk » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:26 pm

roundasapound wrote:OP that's really sh!tty. :?

Are you considering front and rear motion sensor dashcams at all? Might help to catch potential future offenders.

I've been contemplating one for a while. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I've already been on the Halfords website and been having a look.
M135i LCI, mineral grey, auto, bus nav, power folding mirrors, heated seats, coral red leather and front & rear pdc, performance grills, BMS exhaust tips, enhanced Bluetooth and office function coded via bimmercode app.

roundasapound

Postby roundasapound » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Plantjuk wrote:
roundasapound wrote:OP that's really sh!tty. :?

Are you considering front and rear motion sensor dashcams at all? Might help to catch potential future offenders.

I've been contemplating one for a while. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I've already been on the Halfords website and been having a look.

I think the way people behave nowadays the dashcams may pay for themselves before you know it.

Why do people behave this way? Is it down to unaffordable insurance excess? Just not giving a damn about their or other people's property? Nowadays with NPR it's probably nigh on impossible to drive without insurance and not get caught, so I doubt that's the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using
Japan Red 130i M Sport :wavey:
My baby bimmer: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=89303

Plantjuk

Postby Plantjuk » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:39 pm

The world we live in isn't a nice one and ok someone's bumped my car and driven off, no one died but I've seen videos on social media that really makes me ashamed to be part of the human race. One such video was of a man who got knocked over and a woman with a child basically stepped over him while he was on the floor! No one gives a sh*t about anyone else these days.

rusty13

Postby rusty13 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Some people really do my head in. Feckers.
M135i Estoril Blue - 5 Door - Manual

neil278

Postby neil278 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:41 pm

This is why I struggle to leave mine anywhere, hope you get it sorted quickly
M135i F21 pre lci

midlifecrisis

Postby midlifecrisis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:19 am

Plantjuk wrote:The world we live in isn't a nice one and ok someone's bumped my car and driven off, no one died but I've seen videos on social media that really makes me ashamed to be part of the human race. One such video was of a man who got knocked over and a woman with a child basically stepped over him while he was on the floor! No one gives a sh*t about anyone else these days.

Spot on :(

It's the bigger picture of society in general isn't it? People seem to not care a toss about anyone but themselves these days and as for someone else's property - to hell in a handcart with it is their mantra.

It's obviously of no consequence to you, but I'd only had my previous mlite for a few days when someone did similar to it and never left a note or hung around to tell me. At the time I would have committed murder to have been able to get my hands on them, but once I'd calmed down, I eventually had the entire rear bumper resprayed for around £250 and subsequently forgot about it until reading your comments.

Hope the disappointment of this vanishes quickly for you, as it did me, but know that you are far from alone with this sort of outrageous and unnecessary behaviour.
Paul

2010 123d M Sport Space Grey
2012 M135i Mineral Grey (Mustafa Mk I)
2014 M135i Sapphire Black (Mustafa Mk II)
2016 M140i Mineral Grey (Mustafa Mk III)

sonnyx

Postby sonnyx » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:06 am

Sorry fella thats some sh1t luck. Some folk are just tools and scum.
Hope it get sorted quickly and you find the nobber
M2 - AW Man
M140i AW Auto 5dr All options, LSD
Lancia EVO2 Red Edizione

OneTwenty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby OneTwenty » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 am

Very annoying!!

You may find it was an old person that had no idea they had done it though as well, seen that quite often with the oldies!!

If it's any consolation, when a woman reversed into my old 120d, BMW did an amazing job taking the bumper off, fixing it and spraying it all up to perfectly match the car and it was about £480, which is annoying as its not your fault, but is managable.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

MEGAginge
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Postby MEGAginge » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:48 am

OneTwenty wrote:Very annoying!!

You may find it was an old person that had no idea they had done it though as well, seen that quite often with the oldies!!

If it's any consolation, when a woman reversed into my old 120d, BMW did an amazing job taking the bumper off, fixing it and spraying it all up to perfectly match the car and it was about £480, which is annoying as its not your fault, but is managable.

A good independent body shop (who BMW probably farmed the work out to) would do this for £200 max...

A good job is a good job, but no need to pay that much for one panel!!!!
Incoming: MY17 M240i: Estoril Blue/Coral Red...
Auto, Adaptive Susp, Visibility, Sun Protection, Prof Nav, Comfort packages. HK... Heated seats... I kind of crashed through the spec list sideways...

Expected Week 9 / March. Excited much?????

sonnyx

Postby sonnyx » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 am

MEGAginge wrote:
OneTwenty wrote:Very annoying!!

A good independent body shop (who BMW probably farmed the work out to) would do this for £200 max...

A good job is a good job, but no need to pay that much for one panel!!!!

Kick him in the nuts why dont you :P
M2 - AW Man
Lancia EVO2 Red Edizione

MEGAginge
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Postby MEGAginge » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:59 am

:( Sorry, not my intent AT ALL!!! The guy had a good job done and his car is right, that's the only important thing - to him, I imagine.

But when imparting advice to OTHERS, I think it's important to say the OP doesn't need to pay as much as that to get a good job...
Incoming: MY17 M240i: Estoril Blue/Coral Red...
Auto, Adaptive Susp, Visibility, Sun Protection, Prof Nav, Comfort packages. HK... Heated seats... I kind of crashed through the spec list sideways...

Expected Week 9 / March. Excited much?????

Jamespl123

Postby Jamespl123 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:00 pm

I'd rather pay a premium from BMW as I know I can keep taking it back till I'm happy if they don't get it right first time. I'm hoping I can track down the culprit though and get them or their insurance to pay!

Kerr
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Kerr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:14 pm

Jamespl123 wrote:I'd rather pay a premium from BMW as I know I can keep taking it back till I'm happy if they don't get it right first time. I'm hoping I can track down the culprit though and get them or their insurance to pay!

Any decent bodyshop should do the job right first time. Even if you did have to take it back they should repair it.

I can understand having the metal panels repaired at BMW to retain the corrosion warranty, but plastic bumpers I'd not be concerned with.

sonnyx

Postby sonnyx » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 pm

MEGAginge wrote::( Sorry, not my intent AT ALL!!! The guy had a good job done and his car is right, that's the only important thing - to him, I imagine.

But when imparting advice to OTHERS, I think it's important to say the OP doesn't need to pay as much as that to get a good job...

Just kidding fella
M2 - AW Man
Lancia EVO2 Red Edizione

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”