Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

OneTwenty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Pure scum

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:14 pm

MEGAginge wrote:
OneTwenty wrote:Very annoying!!

You may find it was an old person that had no idea they had done it though as well, seen that quite often with the oldies!!

If it's any consolation, when a woman reversed into my old 120d, BMW did an amazing job taking the bumper off, fixing it and spraying it all up to perfectly match the car and it was about £480, which is annoying as its not your fault, but is managable.
A good independent body shop (who BMW probably farmed the work out to) would do this for £200 max...

A good job is a good job, but no need to pay that much for one panel!!!!
It was all done through her insurance so didn't cost me anything, but even if I could have got it cheaper I would prefer BMW to do it that price to me was fine.

Ironically, and not sure if it was just coincidence, but just after they did it I got the rear PDC/water Christmas tree light thing and found the PDC unit flooded. BMW agreed that it might have been the bumper fix that caused it so they paid for a new PDC unit fitted. Imagine if the same had happened at a none BMW paint shop, I doubt they would do it FOC.

But yes, I'm sure if you want the extra work finding a bodyshop you might be able to get it done cheaper, surely shopping around is a given and I don't need to teach people to suck eggs!! :lol:
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

MEGAginge
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MEGAginge » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Ahhhhh, If insurance, straight to BMW every time. I didn't know :)
ImageImageImage
Estoril Blue/Coral Red...
Auto, Adaptive Susp, Visibility, Sun Protection, Prof Nav, Cruise, Comfort packages. HK... Heated seats... Many :D smiles

shadwell_lad

Post by shadwell_lad » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:58 am

MEGAginge wrote:
A good independent body shop (who BMW probably farmed the work out to) would do this for £200 max...

Hi - any recommendations for a good body shop in London?

Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Twenny » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:50 pm

shadwell_lad wrote:
MEGAginge wrote:

Hi - any recommendations for a good body shop in London?
Overdench forum sponsor based in Harlow Essex.

Mention babybmw for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Thawke
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Thawke » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:22 am

I'd also recommend autoscratch.co.uk

They once did something similar on one of my cars and it was as new.
X6 xDrive40d MSport: Space Grey / Jet Black 20" 469M / Lots of Goodies

shadwell_lad

Post by shadwell_lad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks for the suggestions

Cornish Rattler

Post by Cornish Rattler » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Tossers! I had 2 incidents on my old E87. First one had to bite the bullet and pay for the damage myself, second one however was caught on the dash cam that i bought after the first incident in parking mode. Sent the footage to the insurance company and they sorted it out.

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:53 pm

She's booked in for Feb the 6th at rybrook BMW in Worcester, £150+ the vat so not too bad. They done a repair on the diamond cut wheels on my E88 and did a great job so hopefully that will be the same case with the bumper. I'll post pics when it's done.
M135i LCI, mineral grey, auto, bus nav, power folding mirrors, heated seats, coral red leather and front & rear pdc, performance grills, BMS exhaust tips, enhanced Bluetooth, office function and 8.8" screen coded via bimmercode app.

midlifecrisis

Post by midlifecrisis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Plantjuk wrote:She's booked in for Feb the 6th at rybrook BMW in Worcester, £150+ the vat so not too bad. They done a repair on the diamond cut wheels on my E88 and did a great job so hopefully that will be the same case with the bumper. I'll post pics when it's done.
Good to hear ..... that's a reasonable quote in the circumstances I reckon ..... my bumper respray for a similar amount of damage was slightly more iirc. Once its done, you can put it behind you, although these things always leave a stain on our ownership don't they?
Paul

2010 123d M Sport Space Grey
2012 M135i Mineral Grey (Mustafa Mk I)
2014 M135i Sapphire Black (Mustafa Mk II)
2016 M140i Mineral Grey (Mustafa Mk III)

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Just picked her up from the dealer. For £180 I'm happy. ImageImage
M135i LCI, mineral grey, auto, bus nav, power folding mirrors, heated seats, coral red leather and front & rear pdc, performance grills, BMS exhaust tips, enhanced Bluetooth, office function and 8.8" screen coded via bimmercode app.

D6EML
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by D6EML » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Nice work , you can enjoy the car again now mate . You had the diffuser painted satin black ?

Dean
M140i / SB / AUTO / 15mm HR / CARBON SPOILER / MAXTON KIT / AUTOID CAPS / M4 COMP REPS

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:35 pm

D6EML wrote:Nice work , you can enjoy the car again now mate . You had the diffuser painted satin black ?

Dean
I sprayed that myself. £10 can of plastidip. Just peels off when it goes back after 3 years :)

D6EML
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by D6EML » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Plantjuk wrote:
D6EML wrote:Nice work , you can enjoy the car again now mate . You had the diffuser painted satin black ?

Dean
I sprayed that myself. £10 can of plastidip. Just peels off when it goes back after 3 years :)

Nice 1 . Easy enough job ?
M140i / SB / AUTO / 15mm HR / CARBON SPOILER / MAXTON KIT / AUTOID CAPS / M4 COMP REPS

Plantjuk

Post by Plantjuk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Yeah. Literally just spray it on with a light coat first 2 or 3 thicker coats. No need to fully mask it off as the excess will just peel off. Loads of vids on YouTube showing how easy it is.

D6EML
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by D6EML » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Plantjuk wrote:Yeah. Literally just spray it on with a light coat first 2 or 3 thicker coats. No need to fully mask it off as the excess will just peel off. Loads of vids on YouTube showing how easy it is.
Hmm what can I try it on :lol:

Dean

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”