New here ! Current Megane 250 owner

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

TEV250

New here ! Current Megane 250 owner

Post by TEV250 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello All,

My Name is Ben. I'm from Dorset, 24 years young !

I've been lurking on here for a while now and have been a long-time lover of the initial 135i Coupe and was looking to buy one originally. Finding a decent, low mileage example that isn't automatic seems to be getting harder by the day! To that end, seeing more and more of the M135i/M235i, I've now decided on a new M240i from TRL with one of his amazing deals !

My car history has been pretty straight forward (Hatchbacks only)

First car - MK4 Golf 1.6 S - Jazz Blue - Miss this car, although it was a bag of spanners and had 3 gearbox replacements due to the inferior design..

Fabia vRS 1.9 TDI - Another bag of spanners ! Head gasket failure (do not miss this car at all)

Clio 182 Cup in Racing Blue - This was a truly great car and I will own one again. Wish I never sold it !

Mk6 Golf GTI, good car, just wasn't special enough.

FN2 Type R, amazing engine, terrible chassis from standard, got bored of having to rev soo much !!

Current car - Megane 250 Cup, literally the best drivers hatchback I've ever had the chance to drive. Amazing chassis, incredible grip !

The Megane is up for sale if anyone is interested, I am simply changing as I want to try a BMW.

Here's some pictures !

The 182 -

The Mk6 Golf GTI -

Collection day with mother in the car !

And finally the current steed !!

TEV250

Re: New here ! Current Megane 250 owner

Post by TEV250 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 pm

los desaparecidos wrote:Hmmmmmm that looks very much like your parked at the top of the hill by Bournemouth pier!

Welcome :D
That is correct ! I live down in Weymouth but am in Bournemouth regularly. That day was supposed to be the Air Show but it was cancelled due to ridiculously high wind :(

TEV250

Post by TEV250 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:59 pm

los desaparecidos wrote:
TEV250 wrote:
los desaparecidos wrote:Hmmmmmm that looks very much like your parked at the top of the hill by Bournemouth pier!

That is correct ! I live down in Weymouth but am in Bournemouth regularly. That day was supposed to be the Air Show but it was cancelled due to ridiculously high wind :(
I know it well. My Mum's family are from Bournemouth. I have an uncle and aunt living in Lilliput near Poole.

I'll be down for Easter :)
Ahh awesome ! Yeah I dont know poole that well, only Bournemouth.

RHK3
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by RHK3 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 pm

I have a Megane 250 Cup right now.. Brilliant car.

Are you on rsmegane.com?
2010 Oyster Grey Metallic Megane RS 250 Cup - Leather Recaros, Xenon's, Keyless Entry & Go, Sat Nav, Electric Folding Mirrors, Induction Kit, EMP Custom Cat Back Exhaust, Decat :twisted:

TEV250

Post by TEV250 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:14 pm

RHK3 wrote:I have a Megane 250 Cup right now.. Brilliant car.

Are you on rsmegane.com?
Yeah I'm on there as well, same Username mate :)

I just fancy a change, nearly sold it a couple of months back but panicked and had to turn a gentlemen down ! I am set on an M240i this time however as I need something for longer trips that I will be doing.

RHK3

Post by RHK3 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 am

TEV250 wrote:Yeah I'm on there as well, same Username mate :)

I just fancy a change, nearly sold it a couple of months back but panicked and had to turn a gentlemen down ! I am set on an M240i this time however as I need something for longer trips that I will be doing.
Oh okay cool, I'm on there with the same username as well. There's a couple of other guys from here on there too. essiii and nickfrog

I had a E81 116i before my Meg, so it's a big jump in power etc but surprisingly running costs are pretty much the same.
2010 Oyster Grey Metallic Megane RS 250 Cup - Leather Recaros, Xenon's, Keyless Entry & Go, Sat Nav, Electric Folding Mirrors, Induction Kit, EMP Custom Cat Back Exhaust, Decat :twisted:

TEV250

Post by TEV250 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:23 am

RHK3 wrote:
TEV250 wrote:Yeah I'm on there as well, same Username mate :)

Oh okay cool, I'm on there with the same username as well. There's a couple of other guys from here on there too. essiii and nickfrog

I had a E81 116i before my Meg, so it's a big jump in power etc but surprisingly running costs are pretty much the same.
Yes I definitely recognise your username. I know of Nickfrog as well, i'm sure we've commented on the same threads quite a few times.

The Megane is pretty good on fuel I will agree ! Mine averages about 320-360 miles per tank depending on what roads i've been driving.

Running costs are ok in terms of Servicing and consumables too !

RHK3

Post by RHK3 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 pm

TEV250 wrote:Yes I definitely recognise your username. I know of Nickfrog as well, i'm sure we've commented on the same threads quite a few times.

The Megane is pretty good on fuel I will agree ! Mine averages about 320-360 miles per tank depending on what roads i've been driving.

Yeah I recognise yours as well, now that I've looked at it properly :lol: didn't you have a for sale thread saying you wanted to buy a R32?

I must have a heavier right foot than you, I get about 250-280 miles from a full tank. I do mostly short trips, live in London, traffic is horrendous all the time. I get 320+ on motorway journeys though.

Quattrodave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Quattrodave » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:56 pm

TEV250 wrote:

My home town is Weymouth, I'll be there one evening next week split between Knightsdale Road and top of Portland, I have an Orange M140, you're more than welcome to have a poke around it

TEV250

Post by TEV250 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:43 pm

RHK3 wrote:
TEV250 wrote:Yes I definitely recognise your username. I know of Nickfrog as well, i'm sure we've commented on the same threads quite a few times.

Yeah I recognise yours as well, now that I've looked at it properly :lol: didn't you have a for sale thread saying you wanted to buy a R32?

I must have a heavier right foot than you, I get about 250-280 miles from a full tank. I do mostly short trips, live in London, traffic is horrendous all the time. I get 320+ on motorway journeys though.
Yeah thats right :) I scrapped that Idea after looking at one ! haha.

That does sound about he same as mine, most of my trips are A/B road cruising so probably makes sense.

TEV250

Post by TEV250 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Quattrodave wrote:
TEV250 wrote:

My home town is Weymouth, I'll be there one evening next week split between Knightsdale Road and top of Portland, I have an Orange M140, you're more than welcome to have a poke around it
Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on that if that's ok !

Quattrodave
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Quattrodave » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:49 am

Course, wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it!

Will likely be there on 18th or 19th.

PM me early next week and we'll arrange a place to meet.

TEV250

Post by TEV250 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 am

Quattrodave wrote:Course, wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it!

Will likely be there on 18th or 19th.

PM me early next week and we'll arrange a place to meet.
Ok awesome. I will drop you a PM nearer the time :)

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”