Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

scrounger
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Connected app - "check fuel level"

Post by scrounger » Mon May 08, 2017 9:20 am

Just found I now have locate vehicle on the app. Mine is a 2016 120d Msport with bus nav
Previous: MG F20 125i MSport, Manual, Xenons, Interior Comfort Pack
Now: AW F20 LCI 120d MSport, Sports Auto, Black Panel Display, Ferric Grey Alloys, Sun Protection Glass, Strut Brace, K&N Air Filter, H&K Tweeters and Mids

msej449
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Connected app -

Post by msej449 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Just for information, an iOS version update for the 'BMW Connected' App has just come out - I've just replaced my existing 4.2.689.5 with 4.2.1.691 from the AppStore.

The App Store (or, rather, BMW) is fairly unspecific about what changes this version brings other than 'minor bug fixes'. I'll give it a test and feed back if there's anything significant.
2016 M235i Convertible Estoril Blue, Oyster & High Gloss Black

David1981
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Connected app - "check fuel level"

Post by David1981 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:06 pm

How do i check door lock status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSJH
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by CSJH » Tue May 09, 2017 10:08 pm

I've not worked that out yet. It doesn't seem to work with business nav despite it being listed as an available function.
M140- Alpine white with coral red interior

David1981
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by David1981 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:18 pm

CSJH wrote:I've not worked that out yet. It doesn't seem to work with business nav despite it being listed as an available function.
Thanks. You'd think that it would do all the same basic functions that pro nav can do. It's all just down to software and a SIM card. Nothing to do with hardware. I guess paying for a subscription helps. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi. I've been lurking on here for a few days now, but thought I would join up and get a bit more involved. I've had my m135i for a few weeks and just trying to get to grips with a few of the connected apps stuff.

I have the business nav with all the services enabled on my car except the conceirge service. Whilst I can do the locate car, headlights, etc. I just can't seem to get the status panel to show anything. I'm using the connected app on a LG Nexus 5x. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

65 plate M135i

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Well after much faffing I think I've got to the bottom of how the app actually works. From my understanding the app works in two different ways.

Firstly the interface will display range and fuel level just below the image of the car on either side. It has a last updated status in the middle. This is only updated via USB on my 2015 m135i with biz nav.

On my Nexus 5x this was a faff to get working, as the car didn't recognise my phone at first. This turned out to be the phone wasn't in data transfer mode. You have to swipe down from the top of the screen and click the usb notification. It will only update the phone with the fuel range, etc when plugged in via USB. Why BMW can't do this over cellular or Bluetooth is puzzling.

The second part is the remote services, which requires the £60 subscription on top of the basic connected drive services. This controls the car via the built in cellular interface. You can send basic commands such as lock/unlock, headlight flash, climate control fan, locate car and send satnav destinations to the messages app in the idrive. Far as I can tell this can't provide status messages about the car except the location.

If you have a Google account you can send Google map destinations directly to the car without using the app or website.

You will need to enable the partner services within the BMW connected drive portal and setup a username. From there go here and provide the username and the make of car. Boom!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/sendtocar ... ldsi&hl=en

Then in Google maps click on a point and click share. There should now be an option to send to car. Image

I might be wrong in places what I've just mentioned but please do correct me if I am. Still learning and only had the car a few weeks.

65 plate M135i

robern2

Post by robern2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:50 am

My app doesn’t show fuel or range etc.
I have a 65 m135i.

Will try installing to see if there’s a newer version for my iPhone

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:01 am

One tip I found that is you go into the connected drive menu and the connected app menu you can see if the car recognises the phone.

If it says not recognised then you'll know if it is the phone.

Also it took a bit of driving around with it plugged it to finally download data to the phone.

65 plate M135i

robern2

Post by robern2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:18 am

Do you mean still connected via the either the bmw cable or iPhone cable rather than a Bluetooth connection ?

Dominic wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:01 am
One tip I found that is you go into the connected drive menu and the connected app menu you can see if the car recognises the phone.

If it says not recognised then you'll know if it is the phone.

Also it took a bit of driving around with it plugged it to finally download data to the phone.

robern2

Post by robern2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 am

Sorted... it didn’t like the genuine iPhone cable I was using.
It’s now downloaded the missing bits to my phone.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Cool. Glad it it's sorted. Not exactly user friendly is it?! I must have spent a week trying to get mine working properly :roll: :lol:

connecteddrive.png
connecteddrive.png (8.14 KiB) Viewed 215 times
65 plate M135i

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”