Election time!!!!

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

rob180bhp
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Election time!!!!

Post by rob180bhp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 am

What will happen to JC when his party is crushed? Surely he will have to stand down and make way for a different direction for the party?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

E82 wide135i MHD stage 2/f30 brakes/meisterR/m3 everything / Vrsf
Instagram "rob180bhp"

talal
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Election time!!!!

Post by talal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm

who knows whats going to happen this time round - first time ever where it could go in any direction...

im fully expecting a Tory landslide this time but if i am honest the country is so split at the moment not only through brexit but also lack of investment in public services that people might just vote differently than people think..

so no idea if Corbyn will do alright out of it or whether its going to be disasterous for labour - eitherway i dont think its a foregone conclusion...
BMW 440i - carbon black - great machine!
Audi S5 Sportback - Chav white - All the toys and massive red bucket seats - gone
Audi S4 Avant - Midnight blue - Lots of Toys (died)
BMW 130i LE No Mods Great as standard! - Now sadly gone...

talal
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by talal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm

anyway of turning this into a poll rob?
BMW 440i - carbon black - great machine!
Audi S5 Sportback - Chav white - All the toys and massive red bucket seats - gone
Audi S4 Avant - Midnight blue - Lots of Toys (died)
BMW 130i LE No Mods Great as standard! - Now sadly gone...

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm

I've had enough of politics being pushed at me.
She's only called an election because all the other parties are in disarray.

We could do with a nuclear war or similar as a distraction.
MY SIGNATURE STOPPED WORKING AFTER AN UPDATE.

ChrisOllie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ChrisOllie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Regardless of outcome, heehaw will change
The rich will continue to get richer, all politicians will continue to serve their own interests, NHS won't be 'fixed', the country will continue it's slide into complete farce - crucially (seeing as this is a car forum) drivers will continue to be bent over and shafted for any £ they can. Oh and instagram/other social media and celeb worship culture will continue to lower the IQ of the masses...possibly to the point people are like lemmings walking off cliffs from staring at their phones.
M135 Manual / Previously Alfa 159 Ti

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Menace » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:15 pm

ChrisOllie wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm
The rich will continue to get richer, all politicians will continue to serve their own interests, NHS won't be 'fixed', the country will continue it's slide into complete farce - crucially (seeing as this is a car forum) drivers will continue to be bent over and shafted for any £ they can. Oh and instagram/other social media and celeb worship culture will continue to lower the IQ of the masses...possibly to the point people are like lemmings walking off cliffs from staring at their phones.
A lot of truth in that Chris…
65 plate F20 M135i / MG / auto / pro nav / full comfort pack / black panel / speaker upgrade / heated seats / folding mirrors / sun protection / Eibach Pro's / F21 tension strut / black grilles, splitter, side blades + blacked out diffuser / full de-badge

Gary_LB
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Gary_LB » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:17 pm

The results from Brexit and the US Election show that nothing is a foregone conclusion....

It will be interesting to see what happens this time around
Now - M235i Auto, Mineral Grey, 19" 405m wheels, M Performance front spoiler, CF rear spoiler, black gloss grills (From TRL)
Then - M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza (modded), Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4 (modded), Saxo VTR

Crafty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Crafty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:33 pm

rob180bhp wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 am
What will happen to JC when his party is crushed? Surely he will have to stand down and make way for a different direction for the party?
Fancy a laugh ? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 91911.html
"Jeremy Corbyn 'likely to stay on' even if Labour suffers crushing election defeat
Exclusive: Party leader will try to stay on until at least autumn to secure a left-wing legacy, sources say"

Still, at least Labour MPs know what they stand for, right ? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39659304
Umm, ok maybe not...

May is risking sweet FA, no-one knows who the Lib-Dems are, not even Labour voters trust Corbyn and UKIP are still trying to work out what end of a pen you use to write with.

We could really do with an effective opposition to keep the tories on their toes.. as it is tories pretty much have free reign.

midlifecrisis

Post by midlifecrisis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 pm

ChrisOllie wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Couldn't agree more with this statement ..... particularly the latter part of it ..... a man with my mindset obviously :lol:

Good on yer Chris :wink:
Paul

2010 123d M Sport Space Grey
2012 M135i Mineral Grey (Mustafa Mk I)
2014 M135i Sapphire Black (Mustafa Mk II)
2016 M140i Mineral Grey (Mustafa Mk III)

Mcf00
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Mcf00 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Crafty wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:33 pm
rob180bhp wrote:
"Jeremy Corbyn 'likely to stay on' even if Labour suffers crushing election defeat
Exclusive: Party leader will try to stay on until at least autumn to secure a left-wing legacy, sources say"

Still, at least Labour MPs know what they stand for, right ? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39659304
Umm, ok maybe not...

May is risking sweet FA, no-one knows who the Lib-Dems are, not even Labour voters trust Corbyn and UKIP are still trying to work out what end of a pen you use to write with.

We could really do with an effective opposition to keep the tories on their toes.. as it is tories pretty much have free reign.
You say that Labour voters won't trust Corbyn, yet the majority of the Labour membership want him as their leader. It is only the MPs who don't like him. This is a very strange situation, perhaps where the voters have only 1 potential constituency Labour option, who doesn't necessarily reflect their ideologies (which may or may not be what Corbyn gives to them).

davidv111
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by davidv111 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Mcf00 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 pm
Crafty wrote:
rob180bhp wrote:

Umm, ok maybe not...

You say that Labour voters won't trust Corbyn, yet the majority of the Labour membership want him as their leader. It is only the MPs who don't like him. This is a very strange situation, perhaps where the voters have only 1 potential constituency Labour option, who doesn't necessarily reflect their ideologies (which may or may not be what Corbyn gives to them).
The left wing members of the Labour Party like him, however the majority of labour voters are not members of the party - so I see what your saying but life long voters are turning away

It means in the end that the Tory party willl win, increase their majority and then do a really decent job
On Order: Snapper Rocks Blue 440i Auto; Dynamic & M Sport + packs, digital dash & more

Now: Estoril LCI M135i Manual

Previous: Thunder grey 2013 MINI JCW GP
Slate grey Porsche Cayman 2.7
Saphire black E82 120d M Sport

Mcf00
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Mcf00 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 pm

davidv111 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 pm
Mcf00 wrote:
Crafty wrote:

Umm, ok maybe not...

The left wing members of the Labour Party like him, however the majority of labour voters are not members of the party - so I see what your saying but life long voters are turning away

It means in the end that the Tory party willl win, increase their majority and then do a really decent job
I'm not sure any political party does a decent job at the end of the day unless you're particularly rich or in some aristocratic role where you can appreciate their changes!

My gut would say Tories will landslide it, however this same gut thought Hilary Clinton would win the race to the Oval Office and Brexit would just be a whimsical box-ticking exercise by Cameron. So... we will have to see what actually transpires. If Tories don't do it, it may be some dirty coalition.
These are turbulent times in the world, even taking the media hype out of it, and the last thing we need is a weak government, regardless of what colour their flags are.

mikethemike
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by mikethemike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:53 pm

Mcf00 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 pm
davidv111 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 pm
Mcf00 wrote:

I'm not sure any political party does a decent job at the end of the day unless you're particularly rich or in some aristocratic role where you can appreciate their changes!

My gut would say Tories will landslide it, however this same gut thought Hilary Clinton would win the race to the Oval Office and Brexit would just be a whimsical box-ticking exercise by Cameron. So... we will have to see what actually transpires. If Tories don't do it, it may be some dirty coalition.
These are turbulent times in the world, even taking the media hype out of it, and the last thing we need is a weak government, regardless of what colour their flags are.
Could not agree more. We need stability more than anything. But it's human nature to do what someone doesn't want you to do - that's how the Brexit vote ended up being what it was. Yes, some people voted to leave with good reason, but I also see and hear people who voted that way just because they were told by the government to do the opposite.

That said, my whole family have been life long Labour supporters and my area in particular is a Labour stronghold, but even they have said they can't bring themselves to vote Labour with Corbyn in charge. I think it will be interesting to see events unfold. As has been said above, no matter who ends up in charge, the motorist will continue to be the cash-cow to keep the £££ flowing in.
Currently: Glacier Silver F20 M140i
Previously: Black Sapphire E87 120d

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:05 am

I vote to have no more votes for while. It's getting too much with everything going on in recent years, especially in Scotland.

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:31 am

How much does it cost to have a general election? I dont mean the campaign costs as I think the parties pay for that, but how much for the actual election, ie ballot paper counting etc?

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”