TalkTalk off shore call centres

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

ihadablackdog
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: TalkTalk off shore call centres

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:31 pm

InfernalBadger wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:17 am
Doesn't the face plate belong to BT anyway, so if changing that fixed the problem then you shouldn't have to pay for it anyway?
Thats it, I was under the impression that everything up to and including the master socket was BT property, and any extensions are your responsibility.

I did find a doc yesterday though that said they can charge for replacing the NTE socket (master socket?) so looks like they might have a clause!

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:41 pm

talal wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm
so racist.
This is not about being racist.

This is about my experience of the service we have received, and it just so happens one of the main barriers to this service has been communication with the operator. I have stated the country that I suspect they are based in (which may be wrong) based on the accent that I hear (which is not wrong).

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm

ihadablackdog wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:33 pm
And they don't understand everything we say. FACT.
How do you know this for certain? They might well understand you but can't do anything other than stick to their script (most call centers have a script and troubleshooting steps that they stick to and rarely deviate from). You don't know for certain that they don't understand, you're just jumping to an assumption from what I can see.

I do hope you solve your problem.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Ok, let me re-phrase my gripe:

I am frustrated at having a problem and hitting a brick wall when trying to get it resolved, having to go over the same thing time and time again.

Anybody who has been in this situation will know what I mean, and it is those people who I would like feed back from about how they got to a resolution.

Is that better?

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:47 pm

ihadablackdog wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm
Ok, let me re-phrase my gripe:

I am frustrated at having a problem and hitting a brick wall when trying to get it resolved, having to go over the same thing time and time again.

Anybody who has been in this situation will know what I mean, and it is those people who I would like feed back from about how they got to a resolution.

Is that better?
Been there, done that, multiple times with PC issues and Xbox Issues. When I was younger, I had computer issues and had to call up the Dell/Tiny helpline (showing my age here, where you actually had to call to solve a problem rather than sitting on an online help chat, plus Tiny haven't been around for nearly 2 decades), they would always say the same thing that I have already tried. I.e. restart the computer, disconnect this, disconnect that, try again, etc. Even when I need tech issues with my Xbox One/360, again everything I try, such as disconnect this, hard reset that, disconnect WiFi and start, etc, they want me to redo because of their script and steps they have to follow.

When I had my issues and was in contact with the other parties, I'd tell them I've tried it already so I don't see why I need to do it again, I've also read xyz online in terms of trouble shooting this issue, can you please escalate it and what are the next steps after I've tried everything and everything that you have said. If need be, ask for someone higher up like a Team Leader or Manager and say you don't feel like you're getting anywhere so you want it escalated. At the end of the day, if you're rude, they'll just treat you like that annoying customer that nobody wants to deal with or just hang up or even pass you onto a manager but you'll get attitude from said manager most of the time. You need to be stern in what you're saying and push to be escalated but also be fair. Worst case scenario get onto Social Media and complain or even complain directly to head office. Companies are quick to reply if you cause a fuss on Twitter/Facebook on their pages. Threaten to leave if possible, complain to an ombudsman, etc.

Granted it's not the same situation as yours with the home phone line but the principles remain the same. It's hardly fair you getting annoyed at someone who has to follow a script/procedure before they can move you forward and assume they don't understand you just because they're not English or Native English speaking. Plus it's only going to aggravate you, I doubt the other person on the end of the line will get any aggro because of your aggro if you follow what I mean.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 pm

I've always been polite to them, and they are polite to me, I agree, getting rude doesn't solve anything. They were abrupt to the mother in law this week when they kept phoning her about the complaint.....and she kept telling them they had to talk to me and I'd ring when I was there (they wouldn't deal with me unless she was present). I still don't understand that when I rang, all they did was escalate it, why didn't they just do that initially! They weren't interested in "my side of the story", just said they had to escalate it to customer services, which is what they told me when I initially rang to dispute the charge.

We were at the stage where I had done all the pre-checks, and apart from the first guy, everyone else wanted to repeat them. After the openreach engineer came, it has happened a few times and we've tried to report it but got nowhere, so had given up....until the charge appeared on her bill. Now i'm fighting that for her because its just not fair.

Fair enough if they found a fault with the internal wiring etc, but he didn't, and he confirmed to me there was nothing wrong internally and the problem must be external. He changed the faceplate out of courtesy I guess, he wasn't asked to do so, and as said earlier, thats bt's equipment anyway so not our responsibility if it is faulty (obviously if it was smashed up etc thats different). Fault has occurred since, so proves the new faceplate didn't fix anything.

talal
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by talal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 pm

ihadablackdog wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:41 pm
talal wrote:
so racist.

This is about my experience of the service we have received, and it just so happens one of the main barriers to this service has been communication with the operator. I have stated the country that I suspect they are based in (which may be wrong) based on the accent that I hear (which is not wrong).
i was being sarcastic....
BMW 440i - carbon black - great machine!
Audi S5 Sportback - Chav white - All the toys and massive red bucket seats - gone
Audi S4 Avant - Midnight blue - Lots of Toys (died)
BMW 130i LE No Mods Great as standard! - Now sadly gone...

mattwilko92
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by mattwilko92 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Yeah i feel your pain. You need to argue (which I'm sure you are already) that whatever he did, did not resolve the issues you are having. Therefore you wont be paying.

Best advice is if the neighbours are all having issues get everyone to start ringing in complaining loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 pm

talal wrote:
ihadablackdog wrote:
talal wrote:
so racist.

Thats cool

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:52 pm

mattwilko92 wrote:Yeah i feel your pain. You need to argue (which I'm sure you are already) that whatever he did, did not resolve the issues you are having. Therefore you wont be paying.

Best advice is if the neighbours are all having issues get everyone to start ringing in complaining loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats were i'm at, trying to get to speak to someone who will take that into consideration.

Openreach guy said to get all neighbours to report it at the same time, but thats easier said than done.

plinkos
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by plinkos » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:26 pm

You seem to have all the fun technical issues buddy!!

So I had similar issues with BT when I moved providers, the problem (as others have said) is that the people in the call centre have no technical skills & just follow scripts, if you start the conversation by giving them the answers to their stock questions you really throw them & they just ask them again anyway!! If you say anything that's out of context I find they do not understand.

I've found the best way to deal with it is not to get mad, just talk them into submission, talk for 3 minutes explaining things in fine detail so they know they're dealing with someone who is diligent & knows his onions. Aim to get to the end of their script so they have to pass you onto a more senior team.

The Twitter, Facebook, emailing the CEO thing can work but it could get the account flagged as "trouble" & you won't get any discounts at the end of the existing contract.

Sounds to me you got charged incorrectly due to a misunderstanding of what the Openreach engineer reported back, you'te well within your rights to fight for it, especially as the issue isn't resolved. The problem being if he didn't see an issue someone may have assumed it is an intermittent issue with internal wiring or similar (hence the charge).
Does the problem occur every time it rains, or does it have to be torrential?? Does it stay for a while after the rain?? I'm thinking if you know it'll happen with rain call up & try to get an engineer to visit for a day it's going to rain.
M140 - MR, Auto/Adaptive/HK/PDC (F+R)/Elec Heated Seats/Elec Mirrors

midlifecrisis

Post by midlifecrisis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 pm

talal wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 pm
ihadablackdog wrote:
talal wrote:
so racist.

Seriously dodgy subject to be throwing sarcasm around I'd say, as your original post shows no sign of it being sarcastic; simply a straightforward comment.

Right, having said that, I'll add that I'm also not trying to stir up a hornet's nest, but am quite sensitive to this sort of thing, having been caught up in a 'racial comment allegation' many years ago. I hasten to add it was eventually dismissed as unfounded, but not a situation you want to find yourself in, trust me!
Paul

2010 123d M Sport Space Grey
2012 M135i Mineral Grey (Mustafa Mk I)
2014 M135i Sapphire Black (Mustafa Mk II)
2016 M140i Mineral Grey (Mustafa Mk III)

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:44 pm

It is intermittent and i've re-iterated that on many occasions, even to the engineer. It tends to be when its that fine misty rain (you know, the stuff that soaks you through even though it seems light). Its not predictable enough to time a visit by it.

The doc I found yesterday also says we could be charged if no fault found - again, they knew it was intermittent so I will fight that, if they use it.

Seems theres more clauses to a call out than the "if an internal fault is found" one, and they defo don't explain this.

Will wait and see what they say in their next email or letter that they said they would send. With any luck they might refund her.

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 am

ihadablackdog wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 pm
I've always been polite to them, and they are polite to me, I agree, getting rude doesn't solve anything. They were abrupt to the mother in law this week when they kept phoning her about the complaint.....and she kept telling them they had to talk to me and I'd ring when I was there (they wouldn't deal with me unless she was present). I still don't understand that when I rang, all they did was escalate it, why didn't they just do that initially! They weren't interested in "my side of the story", just said they had to escalate it to customer services, which is what they told me when I initially rang to dispute the charge.

We were at the stage where I had done all the pre-checks, and apart from the first guy, everyone else wanted to repeat them. After the openreach engineer came, it has happened a few times and we've tried to report it but got nowhere, so had given up....until the charge appeared on her bill. Now i'm fighting that for her because its just not fair.

Fair enough if they found a fault with the internal wiring etc, but he didn't, and he confirmed to me there was nothing wrong internally and the problem must be external. He changed the faceplate out of courtesy I guess, he wasn't asked to do so, and as said earlier, thats bt's equipment anyway so not our responsibility if it is faulty (obviously if it was smashed up etc thats different). Fault has occurred since, so proves the new faceplate didn't fix anything.
What do you have in writing/recorded messages? If anything?

talal
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by talal » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 pm

midlifecrisis wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 pm
talal wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 pm
ihadablackdog wrote:

Seriously dodgy subject to be throwing sarcasm around I'd say, as your original post shows no sign of it being sarcastic; simply a straightforward comment.

Right, having said that, I'll add that I'm also not trying to stir up a hornet's nest, but am quite sensitive to this sort of thing, having been caught up in a 'racial comment allegation' many years ago. I hasten to add it was eventually dismissed as unfounded, but not a situation you want to find yourself in, trust me!
Sorry chaps - didn't mean to cause any offence.... I had just read Kevs original post and I thought its pretty obvious there isn't anything racist in there...

saying you cant understand an accent isn't racist... and as Kev says its just as hard when you speak to someone with a very thick geodie accent or scottish etc...

anyway, all of you stop being racist immediately.
BMW 440i - carbon black - great machine!
Audi S5 Sportback - Chav white - All the toys and massive red bucket seats - gone
Audi S4 Avant - Midnight blue - Lots of Toys (died)
BMW 130i LE No Mods Great as standard! - Now sadly gone...

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”