Scottish Highlands

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

HaiderGill
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Scottish Highlands

Post by HaiderGill » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi,

I'm planning on heading to Scottish Highlands for Christmas week. In the past I stayed in Glen Lyon. Looking for recommendations general area - ideally want to be close to loch and mountains/hills so I can soak up the scenery and go for gentle walks with the kids (4 & 6).

Thanks
Haider
120d RS Steptronic 5 door in Sparkling Graphite, Koni FSDs, Eibach Pro Kit, black leather, 17inch V spoke rims, Professional Sat-Nav, Ipod, Bluetooth, custom speaker install, performance pedals:)

Smarti117
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Scottish Highlands

Post by Smarti117 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:40 pm

What about Boat of Garten, north of Aviemore. Hills, lochs and some great roads too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
F21 M140i Auto SE Sunset Orange
2014 F21 AW 125d M Sport Auto

ILikeJam
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Scottish Highlands

Post by ILikeJam » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:37 pm

I was going to suggest Aviemore area as well. Cairngorms on the doorstep but still a wee town with pubs, restaurants, activities etc to keep the kids occupied - pool at MacDonald resort, steam railway (if it's open). It's on the main road and rail link between Perth and Inverness if you fancy venturing further at any point (Pitlochry's worth a visit).

Loads of lodges around there to rent and plenty with hot tubs (a necessity IMO! :lol: ), although I imagine Christmas week will be popular.
Gone - F20 116i M Sport Pre-LCI
Now - An official Audi driving c0ckwomble

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”