What does this look like to you?

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Squibby
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

What does this look like to you?

Post by Squibby » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Hey guys I know it’s off topic so remove if not allowed.

Drive my van around for work all week and just noticed this on the rear wheel arch passenger side ? ImageImage

I don’t know if someone has reversed and hit my van or something flew up and hit it but to me looks like someone has hit it ?
Noticed the car next to where I park At Home has some white paint on his front bumper maybe he hit it as he was reversing out ? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmw 120d coupe, m sport

pem10
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: What does this look like to you?

Post by pem10 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Ah man unlucky :( Whatever it is that hit you I don't think it's the car you pictured. That's barely got a scratch and yours is stoved in.
Possibly someone with a trailer may have backed into you? Bet the bar stewards didn't leave any details. Hope you get to the bottom of it .
130i se. Sparkling graphite metallic. Xenons - darklines -pro hu - focal IFBMW-S -bmwp intake - roof spoiler. Now with added 313 goodness and other bits and bobs.

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by marco_polo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Looks like a hard point contact, tow-ball is a good shout or a van's step possibly?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Squibby
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Squibby » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Cheers guys and no obviously no details left just very weird as makes me think have I hit something or something flew up and hit as I was driving but I’m sure I would know if I did and I know I haven’t hit anything

Bmw 120d coupe, m sport

Poormans
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Poormans » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Looks like the marks are on an angle, which could rule out the most common car to van scrape? A towinghook with a cover over it would not scratch, but seems a bit high for a towing hook. My first idea was bush/stick kinda thing. Not sharp enough to scratch, not strong enough for a sharp crease.. but enough for that. Could explain the ang
le too, or is that the photo?
shooting brake

Squibby
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Squibby » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Poormans wrote:Looks like the marks are on an angle, which could rule out the most common car to van scrape? A towinghook with a cover over it would not scratch, but seems a bit high for a towing hook. My first idea was bush/stick kinda thing. Not sharp enough to scratch, not strong enough for a sharp crease.. but enough for that. Could explain the ang
le too, or is that the photo?
Yeah I see what you mean but im sure I would have heard something hitting my van if it was that and the dent goes in then out then back in again ?

Bmw 120d coupe, m sport

Poormans
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Poormans » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:43 am

Couldn't tell if it's audible, never had it myself. But it always makes me wonder when people find their car damaged, without a note.. if you could really tell with a modern, quiet car and radio on.

Can't really see the in/out/in on the photos but it sure sounds like a peculiar dent..
shooting brake

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”