What Mobile Network is everyone with?

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

RickN55
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: What Mobile Network is everyone with?

Post by RickN55 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Mike_N55 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:19 pm
Another vote for EE - great deal and excellent coverage. First company I haven't had any snags with so cant vouch for their customer services but great deals!
Best thing I've done move to Asda (EE) Signal and internet speed is so much better than my previous O2 reception
Now - F21 2013 Alpine White M135i Auto (Sun protection package, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, High Gloss shadowline Finish, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)
Before - Focus ST Stage 1, Astra 1.8 SRi, Clio 1.2

Barney McGrew
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 pm

RickN55 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 pm
Best thing I've done move to Asda (EE) Signal and internet speed is so much better than my previous O2 reception
Guess it depends on location. With my giff gaff (which is O2) I get 4G most places I go and have been getting 4G+ in certain places lately which is a bonus. My mate is on EE and doesn't get good signal at work at all, but we'll visit somewhere and the tables will turn. It's just getting the best signal for the locations you are based in, but I wish more of them would share signal so it's not the customers losing out all the time.

stuart_75

Post by stuart_75 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:14 pm

EE & 3 do have a far faster backhaul compared to O2 & Voda, but maybe not as good on coverage due to the frequencies they broadcast on.

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Wasn't there something about them having to share masts?

Obviously they wouldn't want that, but I'm sure I saw something about it.

stuart_75

Post by stuart_75 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:55 am

EE and 3 do share A LOT of infrastruce, masts, backhaul and exchanges, espec with their 3G networks, so expect little difference on 3G.

4G however they do share masts, but not base station equipment. 5G could be back to sharing again, watch this space.

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”