PCP , Leasing Etc Etc..

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

R5_RXK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

PCP , Leasing Etc Etc..

Post by R5_RXK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi guys,

just hoping for some advice really, I start a new job soon and have always fancied a new ish car. I dont have the kind of money to buy one out right and if I did Id be too scared of the depreciation probably anyway! Im looking into PCP or leasing options etc, this is totally new to me as Ive always just gone with cars I could afford to buy around the 5k ish mark. I don't really want to go above £300.00 a month and I could put down a deposit of 3 or 4 grand.

How many of you lease as apposed to pcp ? or do you all own out right? sorry to ask private questions, Im really not in touch with the modern world :lol: . I turned the idea down for ages because always said if i couldn't afford it outright I wouldn't buy it, but I just fancy having something nice, new ish 2/3 /4 series m sport if it comes in my bracket?

Fire away thanks in advance !!
Last edited by R5_RXK on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of BMW E81 Sparkling Graphite M Sport 3 Door Hatchback

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: PCP , Leasing Etc Etc..

Post by marco_polo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Have you read the Financing section of the FAQ? viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89536&p=1161125#p1156482

Personally mine was bought outright. 5 1/2 years of saving, PX'd my 120d, and a big chunk of TRL magic discount.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

R5_RXK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by R5_RXK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:32 pm
Have you read the Financing section of the FAQ? viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89536&p=1161125#p1156482

Personally mine was bought outright. 5 1/2 years of saving, PX'd my 120d, and a big chunk of TRL magic discount.
Thanks Marco,
Have had a good read of the section its very helpful, still undecided however :lol: and was wondering on personal experiences. Mind me asking TRL??

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 pm

TRL = Tony Lewis, our Tame BMW Sales Manager. Gives us silly discounts on new M-Lites. http://www.babybmw.net/viewforum.php?f=80

email him here: TRLdeals@outlook.com
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

R5_RXK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by R5_RXK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:53 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 pm
TRL = Tony Lewis, our Tame BMW Sales Manager. Gives us silly discounts on new M-Lites. http://www.babybmw.net/viewforum.php?f=80

email him here: TRLdeals@outlook.com
why thank you sir for the contact!! how much discount are we talking ? :lol: better than the main dealers I'm guessing?

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Have a scan through that link to his section for current deals, they vary from quarter to quarter, model to model.

It's currently something like £11,000 off a BMW 440i M Sport 5Dr Gran Coupe. :shock:

InfernalBadger
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by InfernalBadger » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:58 am

I would definitely consider a lease, just obviously have to be aware that all of your money is gone, unlike a PCP where you might get some back.

I bought my M135i on a PCP (unfortunately not through TRL as I only found out about him a few months after :'()

If I had got a lease at the time it would have cost me a lot less over the 3 years I owned it. I just didn't really know about or understand leasing at the time

Now I lease a Polo GTI for £169 a month as I wanted a cheapish runabout that wasn't too slow.

From a quick look you can get a 220i for around £242 a month with £1600 up front.

lewkini

Post by lewkini » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:34 pm

InfernalBadger wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:58 am
I would definitely consider a lease, just obviously have to be aware that all of your money is gone, unlike a PCP where you might get some back.

I bought my M135i on a PCP (unfortunately not through TRL as I only found out about him a few months after :'()

If I had got a lease at the time it would have cost me a lot less over the 3 years I owned it. I just didn't really know about or understand leasing at the time

Now I lease a Polo GTI for £169 a month as I wanted a cheapish runabout that wasn't too slow.

From a quick look you can get a 220i for around £242 a month with £1600 up front.

Not to jump in on the thread but have you got a link to these kind of lease deals?

Thanks, again not to hi jack the thread :D

InfernalBadger
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by InfernalBadger » Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 am

Can't remember exactly where those were from.

There are loads of sites with lease comparisons though:
https://www.leasecomparison.co.uk
https://carleasespecialoffers.co.uk

I got my Polo from Arval via Leasecomparison.co.uk

lewkini

Post by lewkini » Tue May 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Thankyou

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 am

My M240 is on PCP purely because I might want to keep it after the 4 years, but I am considering leasing for the E91 replacement.

We've had our E91 since 6 months old bought the old fashioned way and I've worked out over that time with bank loan, interest, road tax, repairs etc it's cost us about £310/month all in.

You can get some very good lease deals for less than that which puts you in a brand new car every 2 years, rather than having to run something which is now 8 years old and starting to need work. My mate has just picked up a Leon Cupra 300 estate for about £250/month and has no worries over reliability, repairs etc.
Last edited by OneTwenty on Wed May 02, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

sir richard large
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by sir richard large » Wed May 02, 2018 1:00 pm

R5_RXK wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:29 pm
Hi guys,

just hoping for some advice really, I start a new job soon and have always fancied a new ish car. I dont have the kind of money to buy one out right and if I did Id be too scared of the depreciation probably anyway! Im looking into PCP or leasing options etc, this is totally new to me as Ive always just gone with cars I could afford to buy around the 5k ish mark. I don't really want to go above £300.00 a month and I could put down a deposit of 3 or 4 grand.

How many of you lease as apposed to pcp ? or do you all own out right? sorry to ask private questions, Im really not in touch with the modern world :lol: . I turned the idea down for ages because always said if i couldn't afford it outright I wouldn't buy it, but I just fancy having something nice, new ish 2/3 /4 series m sport if it comes in my bracket?

Fire away thanks in advance !!
evaluating on a pure cashflow basis (i.e., just monthly payment) is a shortsighted way to look at it.

i agree with your original gut feeling

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”