UPVC windows / trickle vents

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

andyedwards
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

UPVC windows / trickle vents

Post by andyedwards » Tue May 01, 2018 1:06 pm

I am having a window replaced in the bedroom, currently a upvc with trickle vents.
Looking at the building regs it says i must replace with the same.
Ideally i dont want trickle vents.
The fensa certified company have been out to measure up and they said i dont have to have vents.
if he will issue the fensa certificate then am i ok to go ahead without vents.
M235i Mineral grey
Auto / Pro Nav / HK / 19" 624m / Adap headlights / Adap suspension / Elec seats)

Previous;
BMW 120d E87 Msport white
BMW 320ci E46 Msport silver
Mitsubishi FTO GPX Mivec black
Vauxhall Astra Mk2 1.4 white

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: UPVC windows / trickle vents

Post by Nottsknots » Tue May 01, 2018 6:46 pm

I've had many a conversation with the guy who changed the windows jn my properties; trickle vents in a bedroom - not necessary. Some rooms its advisory (to avoid condensation build up, e.g. in some bathrooms, some unheated spaces), but it depends on what other ventilation is already in place. Trust your installer, unless you're buying from a bloke in a van, or off a market stall :roll:
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

jallen
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: UPVC windows / trickle vents

Post by jallen » Thu May 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Regs say they are supposed to replace a trickle vent like for like but mist installers seem happy to pretend they never saw the trickle vent in the first place.

They can be bloody unsightly and they are a joke in terms of taking a really energy efficient window and then cutting a hole in the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”