Is my friend full of BS?

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

User avatar
ihadablackdog
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Re: Is my friend full of BS?

Post by ihadablackdog » Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 am

OneTwenty wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 pm
ihadablackdog wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:41 pm
nawz wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:24 pm
I did 130 coming back from Camber sands in the Mini one (petrol, 1.4litre) I think. My god, it was incredibly fun and rattled like it was about to explode lol.
One small mistake and you would've been fuct! And possibly other people.

130 in a Mini on a public road.....tw@t.

And as for the BS person...also a tw@t.

There's speeding, and then theres just bl00dy dangerous.

Instant driving ban I say.

It’s funny how you say he’s a tw@t if in the UK, but would be classed a hero on a German autobahn! :lol:
Sorry, I missed the bit where I said he would be classed a hero on a German autobahn..... :?: :?: :?:

My comments are relevant in any country. ok, it may not be illegal in some countries, but still f*ck1ng stupid and dangerous.

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2375
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Is my friend full of BS?

Post by OneTwenty » Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 am

ihadablackdog wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 am
OneTwenty wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 pm
ihadablackdog wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:41 pm


One small mistake and you would've been fuct! And possibly other people.

130 in a Mini on a public road.....tw@t.

And as for the BS person...also a tw@t.

There's speeding, and then theres just bl00dy dangerous.

Instant driving ban I say.

It’s funny how you say he’s a tw@t if in the UK, but would be classed a hero on a German autobahn! :lol:
Sorry, I missed the bit where I said he would be classed a hero on a German autobahn..... :?: :?: :?:

My comments are relevant in any country. ok, it may not be illegal in some countries, but still f*ck1ng stupid and dangerous.
I didn’t say you would say he was a hero, just he would be classed as such by others.

How is it dangerous to do the top speed of a car? :?
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

User avatar
Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Re: Is my friend full of BS?

Post by Menace » Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 am

Three passengers and luggage in the Mini with what I assume are standard brakes... should he have needed to dropped an emergency anchor they would have been v poor to respond as he will have been used to.

Just because a car will allow you to travel at it’s top speed doesn’t mean it is safe / a good idea to do so.

I’m with Blackdog on this one.
65 plate F20 M135i / MG / auto / well spec’ed with: Eibach Pro's / F21 tension strut / black grilles, splitter, side blades & diffuser / full de-badge

ReGenesis
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 892
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:03 am
Location: Under your bed...

Re: Is my friend full of BS?

Post by ReGenesis » Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 am

ihadablackdog wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:41 pm
nawz wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:24 pm
I did 130 coming back from Camber sands in the Mini one (petrol, 1.4litre) I think. My god, it was incredibly fun and rattled like it was about to explode lol.
One small mistake and you would've been fuct! And possibly other people.

130 in a Mini on a public road.....tw@t.

And as for the BS person...also a tw@t.

There's speeding, and then theres just bl00dy dangerous.

Instant driving ban I say.
Jesus.... wind it back in ffs!

Does no one realise the ONLY reason we have a speed limit on the M'way was because Jag (and others) began using them as top speed test tracks.
The M1 had NO limit when it opened - as did most of the others.
70mph was chosen as a temporary four month trial on 22nd december 1965!!!
The Blue Boar Services (Watford Gap) was used an the unofficial meeting place for all the Le Mans teams to go before heading north.
The trial ended up lasting 2 years.
Bear in mind that was the time of drum front brakes and no servo assistance, etc.
So you can climb down off your high horse about a modern car.

You're on a forum about performance cars, discuss modifications, more power, etc yet someone who then uses that power is a cnut?
F*cking hypocrite.
F21 135i pre-lci, AW, 3dr, CR, HK and an ever increasing toy list :D

For sale - pm me for more detail!

OneTwenty
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2375
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Is my friend full of BS?

Post by OneTwenty » Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 am

Forums always have the holier than thou crew, nothing new there.

Cars are designed to do a top speed, or have a limited top speed if necessary and they are designed to do that speed safely with passengers and luggage. I've done well over 150mph before without any issues and the cars actually feel safer at higher speeds in my experience.

Just because an archaic law deems 70mph to be the safe limit that doesn't mean it's dangerous to go over that. "Appropriate speed" is the key phrase here and that depends on weather, other vehicles, road type/condition and a lot more. You need a longer stopping distance the faster you go, but the vehicles brakes are not suddenly going to work differently just because the speed is higher. :roll:
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Locked

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”