Baby BMW Forum banner

Recent downtime......

24K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  adolfneedham 
#1 ·
Apologies for the recent downtime.

I'm sure you all enjoyed meeting your partners and families for the first time as you weren't on here :wink:

Not 100% sure what actually happened, but involved backing up lots of data, sending numerous emails to my host and waiting numerous hours for replies that were more than enjoyable to read given the lack of grammar and spelling :redface:

Anyway, no data appears to be lost since the site played up yesterday afternoon.

What I will say is that in the event that this happens again, I'll need to do further digging and possibly an even bigger restore from scratch :eek2: which would result in longer downtime.

I originally thought it may have been something to do with Tapatalk, so I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it.

If it does happen, please let myself and the mods know via the facebook page.

Fingers crossed.......

thanks

See less See more
#30 ·
redwizard said:
babybmwadmin said:
Apologies for the recent downtime..

I originally thought it may have been something to do with Tapatalk, so I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it.

If it does happen, please let myself and the mods know via the facebook page.

Fingers crossed.......

thanks
Many thanks for your efforts.

What facebook page (I don't have an account)?

Tapatalk? - is that one of those "apps" (because they can't spell "applications") for Apple users (not me)?
Apple, android and blackberry.

WinMo not done in the same way, but there is an "Application" called board express that seems to do the same.

Give it a try Barrie :) everyone should try everything once :)

#31 ·
RichCranney said:

WinMo not done in the same way, but there is an "Application" called board express that seems to do the same.

My phone is an HTC 7 Trophy phone with a proper browser and file system that does all I want and syncronises properly with my computer network - without any "apps".

I'm usually on here from my proper computer although I can work it from my phone without any problems.

#32 ·
redwizard said:
RichCranney said:

My phone is an HTC 7 Trophy phone with a proper browser and file system that does all I want and syncronises properly with my computer network - without any "apps".

I'm usually on here from my proper computer although I can work it from my phone without any problems.
Well it has IE, less said about that the better :)

Wasn't saying anything to have a go Barrie, hope it didn't come across that way, but you asked what it was and suggested you couldn't get it, was just saying you can.

#34 ·
RichCranney said:
Wasn't saying anything to have a go Barrie, hope it didn't come across that way, but you asked what it was and suggested you couldn't get it, was just saying you can.
No offence taken, but what does it actually do?

#35 ·
It basically is a one stop portal to all your forums (if they are Tapatalk enabled) so it will send push notifications on various forums etc if you have messages and all that.

It also pulls the forums into an easy viewing format so you can read things much easier than wrapping in web browser.

I know most browsers wrap the text ok, but it is quite easier with Tapatalk.

Each to their own, I love it, some wont

#37 ·
Prior to the 'downtime' over the weekend when I clicked a link in a posting the link would open up in a new window.
Now when I click a link it goes to the website using the same window and I therefore lose the forum topic (yes I know i can backpage to it again)
Is this a standard feature of the new look forum or something I can change (could not spot any relevant options in the UCP tho) ?

Cheers

#38 ·
stevesurrey said:
Prior to the 'downtime' over the weekend when I clicked a link in a posting the link would open up in a new window.
Now when I click a link it goes to the website using the same window and I therefore lose the forum topic (yes I know i can backpage to it again)
Is this a standard feature of the new look forum or something I can change (could not spot any relevant options in the UCP tho) ?

Cheers
There's another thread all about the downtime

In short, opening urls in a new window needs to be added back in again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.