Recent downtime......

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

redwizard
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Recent downtime......

Post by redwizard » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:12 pm

RichCranney wrote:Apple, android and blackberry.

WinMo not done in the same way, but there is an "Application" called board express that seems to do the same.

Give it a try Barrie :) everyone should try everything once :)
My phone is an HTC 7 Trophy phone with a proper browser and file system that does all I want and syncronises properly with my computer network - without any "apps".

I'm usually on here from my proper computer although I can work it from my phone without any problems.
2009 E87 120dse in glorious Tahiti Green ;)
mods - BMWP power kit, black grills, LED darklines, Bimmian LEDs, pressed plates, light anthracite 222s
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin

RichCranney

Post by RichCranney » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:16 pm

redwizard wrote:
RichCranney wrote:Apple, android and blackberry.

WinMo not done in the same way, but there is an "Application" called board express that seems to do the same.

Give it a try Barrie :) everyone should try everything once :)
My phone is an HTC 7 Trophy phone with a proper browser and file system that does all I want and syncronises properly with my computer network - without any "apps".

I'm usually on here from my proper computer although I can work it from my phone without any problems.
Well it has IE, less said about that the better :)

Wasn't saying anything to have a go Barrie, hope it didn't come across that way, but you asked what it was and suggested you couldn't get it, was just saying you can.

nickb
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by nickb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:57 pm

to be honest i prefer to use websites as normal on my iphones, ill zoom in and out if i have to! Old school web browsing for the win! :P
M240i - Auto - Melbourne Red :spotman:
M135i - Auto - AW & Black Leather GONE
M135i - Manual -AW & Red Coral leather GONE

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:00 pm

RichCranney wrote:Wasn't saying anything to have a go Barrie, hope it didn't come across that way, but you asked what it was and suggested you couldn't get it, was just saying you can.
No offence taken, but what does it actually do?
mods - BMWP power kit, black grills, LED darklines, Bimmian LEDs, pressed plates, light anthracite 222s
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin

RichCranney

Post by RichCranney » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 pm

It basically is a one stop portal to all your forums (if they are Tapatalk enabled) so it will send push notifications on various forums etc if you have messages and all that.

It also pulls the forums into an easy viewing format so you can read things much easier than wrapping in web browser.

I know most browsers wrap the text ok, but it is quite easier with Tapatalk.

Each to their own, I love it, some wont

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:29 am

Thanks - another "app" I don't need then. :)

Sent from my Windows phone.

stevesurrey
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by stevesurrey » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Prior to the 'downtime' over the weekend when I clicked a link in a posting the link would open up in a new window.
Now when I click a link it goes to the website using the same window and I therefore lose the forum topic (yes I know i can backpage to it again)
Is this a standard feature of the new look forum or something I can change (could not spot any relevant options in the UCP tho) ?

Cheers
E81 120D (N47) SE+Dynamic Package, 2007/57, M Sports Suspension, Montego Blue, Pro HU+HiFi Speakers & Dipstick

babybmwadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by babybmwadmin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:34 am

stevesurrey wrote:Prior to the 'downtime' over the weekend when I clicked a link in a posting the link would open up in a new window.
Now when I click a link it goes to the website using the same window and I therefore lose the forum topic (yes I know i can backpage to it again)
Is this a standard feature of the new look forum or something I can change (could not spot any relevant options in the UCP tho) ?

Cheers
There's another thread all about the downtime

http://babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=70806

In short, opening urls in a new window needs to be added back in again.

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”