The gaming thread!

Start and join discussions that are not related to BMW. Talk about anything that takes your fancy: jokes, cars, music, anything......

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

alex020869

Re: The gaming thread!

Post by alex020869 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Stegosaurus wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:26 pm
Anyone in here bought/ thinking about COD WW2?

Having completed it over the weekend, I can firmly say, COD is back to it's roots!!

Only played the single player campaign, as MP doesn't really interest me much these days, but what an incredible campaign it is!

First mission has you on the beaches as D-Day, a few missions later you're playing as a French ressistance fighter doing some spy work, then a few missions later you're covering a bunch of bombers whilst flying a mustang, all linked together by various very pretty locations and very well thought out story markers.

I think the thing I like most about it, is that it's not tried to be that whole 'like an action movie' thing. It paints WW2 for what it was, f*cking awful. There are a few bits in it (like a car chase in Willys jeeps and Kubelwagons, and a Michael Bay esque train crash) which made me cringe, but the rest of the game doesn't feel like America waving its willy around, nor does it paint your character as a super soldier. It makes you feel like just a regular infantryman, who's following orders, whilst acting on his own initiative (The D-Day part for example, you don't follow anyone, it's your duty to make it up the beach of your own accord, using cover and ducking as and when you deem it best to).

First COD game I've bought in nearly 10 years, and I'm bloody glad I did. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10.
I bought it yesterday and it took a wee bit of getting used to. Was on my second mission doing pretty good and ‘BANG’ no more audio!! Couldn’t get ammo or first aid kits but on a positive note I couldn’t be killed!!!
Reinstalled it and started a new game. Don’t know if that’s cured it but will find out when I hit the second mission.

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stegosaurus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:13 am

alex020869 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:15 pm
Stegosaurus wrote:

Having completed it over the weekend, I can firmly say, COD is back to it's roots!!

Only played the single player campaign, as MP doesn't really interest me much these days, but what an incredible campaign it is!

First mission has you on the beaches as D-Day, a few missions later you're playing as a French ressistance fighter doing some spy work, then a few missions later you're covering a bunch of bombers whilst flying a mustang, all linked together by various very pretty locations and very well thought out story markers.

I think the thing I like most about it, is that it's not tried to be that whole 'like an action movie' thing. It paints WW2 for what it was, f*cking awful. There are a few bits in it (like a car chase in Willys jeeps and Kubelwagons, and a Michael Bay esque train crash) which made me cringe, but the rest of the game doesn't feel like America waving its willy around, nor does it paint your character as a super soldier. It makes you feel like just a regular infantryman, who's following orders, whilst acting on his own initiative (The D-Day part for example, you don't follow anyone, it's your duty to make it up the beach of your own accord, using cover and ducking as and when you deem it best to).

First COD game I've bought in nearly 10 years, and I'm bloody glad I did. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10.
I bought it yesterday and it took a wee bit of getting used to. Was on my second mission doing pretty good and ‘BANG’ no more audio!! Couldn’t get ammo or first aid kits but on a positive note I couldn’t be killed!!!
Reinstalled it and started a new game. Don’t know if that’s cured it but will find out when I hit the second mission.
That is a weird one. PC or console?
Current: 2017 M140i F20 in Estoril Blue 'Lydia'
Many options

Gone: F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue 'Bex'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 136mph achieved (autobahn), 48k miles covered

alex020869

Post by alex020869 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:00 am

Stegosaurus wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:13 am
alex020869 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:15 pm
Stegosaurus wrote:

That is a weird one. PC or console?
It’s PS4. Found a couple of instances on Google but no solution.

Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 am

OneTwenty wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:33 pm
Oh yes agreed, the atmosphere on race days is excellent. Talking of Yuasa/Team Dynamics, I have a good story from Oulton Park back in 2015. We finished watching all the BTCC races about 5-6pm and as usual it was the mass exodus of cars to try and get out from the middle of the circuit.

After being sat in a queue for over 30 minutes and no signs of the traffic getting any better I decided to park up and have a walk around the paddock opposite. All the teams and drivers were there packing up and chatting and it was totally empty of any civilians except us so we had full access to all the teams and drivers. :lol:

We ended up chatting with the Honda mechanics and they invited us into the garage and asked if my boy wanted to sit in the cars.

Including your fave, Flash's car:

And this is what it was like, BTCC cars, teams and drivers everywhere and no other folk to get in the way!!

And whilst leaving the paddock, all the teams had dumped all of their rubbish near to a skip and included in that was a Porsche helmet box with GT3 RS and Porsche logos all over it so my boy took it and has it in his room now. :lol:

This was a proper Porsche padded foam helmet box with hinged lid etc.

So we always do the same now after each BTCC weekend.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, when we finally left the circuit and were nearing home I pulled into a McDonalds for something to eat and a guy from round here called Waj turned up with his fleet of cars and whilst looking around he told my lad to go and have a site in them all and rev them up!!

In just one day my then 8 year old lad had managed to sit in more exotic machinery than I had ever managed!! :lol:

The end to a perfect day!
I'm so jealous! I may have to adopt the same method as you! When I was at Silverstone this year I bought Sheddons disk and pads from his Croft test :). Trying to get a Clip Cup wheel & tyre next.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Stegosaurus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:57 am

Sonic1506 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 am
OneTwenty wrote:
Oh yes agreed, the atmosphere on race days is excellent. Talking of Yuasa/Team Dynamics, I have a good story from Oulton Park back in 2015. We finished watching all the BTCC races about 5-6pm and as usual it was the mass exodus of cars to try and get out from the middle of the circuit.

After being sat in a queue for over 30 minutes and no signs of the traffic getting any better I decided to park up and have a walk around the paddock opposite. All the teams and drivers were there packing up and chatting and it was totally empty of any civilians except us so we had full access to all the teams and drivers. :lol:

We ended up chatting with the Honda mechanics and they invited us into the garage and asked if my boy wanted to sit in the cars.

In just one day my then 8 year old lad had managed to sit in more exotic machinery than I had ever managed!! :lol:

I'm so jealous! I may have to adopt the same method as you! When I was at Silverstone this year I bought Sheddons disk and pads from his Croft test :). Trying to get a Clip Cup wheel & tyre next.
Always do the same at Brands each year. Managed to take home part of Turks' 1 Series from the finale this year :D

At the American Speedfest a couple of years ago, I managed to get the ENTIRE rear end of the Hunt/Lauda machine to take home, I still have it in the garage somewhere :)

Parents weren't impressed :lol:
Current: 2017 M140i F20 in Estoril Blue 'Lydia'
Many options

Gone: F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue 'Bex'
2 laps of the Nurburgring completed, 136mph achieved (autobahn), 48k miles covered

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:29 am

Stegosaurus wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:57 am
Sonic1506 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 am
OneTwenty wrote:

Always do the same at Brands each year. Managed to take home part of Turks' 1 Series from the finale this year :D

At the American Speedfest a couple of years ago, I managed to get the ENTIRE rear end of the Hunt/Lauda machine to take home, I still have it in the garage somewhere :)

I love getting race bits!!

On the Oulton BTCC weekend last year one of the marshals gave us a piece of Tom Ingram's rear bumper which my boy has in his room. Then when we were walking back to the campsite we went past the garage where they keep the trackday stuff and had a big pile of race tyres to be dumped so we managed to get a F3 rear tyre which I now have in the garage. 8)

Might make it into a table one day!!
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:32 am

Stegosaurus wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:57 am

That's so awesome! I'm in talks with one of the sellers usually at Race Day, to get Max Coates Clio Cup Wheel & Tyre :). I love getting race bits!
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 am

Well, Assassins Creed Origins is really very good. They've taken all the best bits of the previous games, and slotted them into a giant parkour sandbox.

It's a bit like an Egyptian version of Red Dead Redemption, with the usual 'Hitman'/'God of War' elements thrown in. Sometimes I like to play stealthily, sniping with various bows from the shadows, sometimes I'm laying traps or charming lions to do my dirty work for me, or just good old fashioned hack and slash assassinations.

You get a faithful camel for relatively fast transport (which comes with Cruise Control), pet Eagle as a spotter Drone, and plenty of fast travel points (once you've discovered them).

9/10 - a must have if you enjoyed Red Dead, imo.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 am

Sounds good, I wish I hadn't read that!! :D

Must.resist.need.to.finish.the.other.two.first!!!

Looking forward to Red Dead II, I never played the first one so can't wait for that.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Battlefront II is out today. Should be delivered by time I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

NARD
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by NARD » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:15 pm

I got it Tuesday as part of Elite Trooper edition. Graphics are amazing and now they've bowed to pressure and removed microtransactions.

Twenny

The gaming thread!

Post by Twenny » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:22 pm

NARD wrote:I got it Tuesday as part of Elite Trooper edition. Graphics are amazing and now they've bowed to pressure and removed microtransactions.
Didn’t play the original Battle Front as waited for decent reviews and it didn’t get it.

This one looked awesome on the You Tube trailers so decided to pre order.

So far it’s good. Multi player is decent and arcade has a decent point of view from the Empire which is interesting. Enjoying it as much as the CoD WW2 story.

Last edited by Twenny on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:51 pm

I bought SW Battlefront 1 last week as it was £5 in Asda, but not had chance to play it, also got Titanfall 2 for £5 as well, seemed cheap enough.

JayBee89

Post by JayBee89 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Currently working my way through Shadow of War at the moment. Have to say that I'm enjoying it as I was a big fan of Shadow of Mordor before it.

Its basically a larger more expansive version of the first game, though now plagued by the standard loot box trend that seems to be infecting all AAA titles these days.

Its not the worst progression system I've seen, but its an absolute joke seeing a single player game with loot box implementation!!

Going to be moving on the AC Origins Once I'm done I think!
2010 Alpineweiss 125i E82 M Sport | Dare DR-RS 18", Eibach Pro Street S, Darklines | Thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85931 |

Twenny

The gaming thread!

Post by Twenny » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm

The problem with these bloody loot boxes, coins, tokens etc, there is obviously lots of money to be made as the gullible public buy into these bloody things. I blame games like Candy Crush etc where you can buy your way out of a difficult game or pay for more lives. I can’t remember the revenue generated but it was millions. So annoying and I flatly refuse to buy a single coin, box, token. F**k them all.

Return to “General Chit Chat (Off Topic)”