Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

davidgriffiths
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by davidgriffiths » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:31 pm

Managed to scuff my wheel on the weekend, on a kerb that I had spent the previous 3 days ensuring I didn't hit....

So.. we've all heard how elusive the ferric grey 2 is on these 140 wheels.

1. Has anyone bought a genuine tin of paint from BMW?

2. Does anyone know the paint code for said paint?

I know a very good bodyshop so it won't be going to the stealers for a repair!

Hoping to get a factory colour rather than make it off the scheme!
M140i / Estoril Blue / Sport Auto / Pro Nav / Comfort pack / Heated Seats / Sun Glass / Rear Camera / Folding Mirrors / HIFI sound

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 47372
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by marco_polo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:22 pm

BMW B55 MET

It's pretty easy to get hold of nowadays.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

davidgriffiths
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by davidgriffiths » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 am

marco_polo wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:22 pm
BMW B55 MET

It's pretty easy to get hold of nowadays.
Cheers! 8)
M140i / Estoril Blue / Sport Auto / Pro Nav / Comfort pack / Heated Seats / Sun Glass / Rear Camera / Folding Mirrors / HIFI sound

User avatar
Gazza135
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:44 am

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by Gazza135 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 am

I got this one - couple of scuffs on one alloy and blended in really well. Used a fine brush rather than the one attached to the lid to apply.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Alloy-Whe ... 2c8c36960a
Now - M140i - Glacier Silver, coral red, Pro Media, auto
Then - M135i, F30 320d Msport, E90 320d edition Msport, Alfa Guilietta Veloce, MG ZR, XR2

Invisiblename
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:13 pm
Location: Peterborough

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by Invisiblename » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Gazza135 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 am
I got this one - couple of scuffs on one alloy and blended in really well. Used a fine brush rather than the one attached to the lid to apply.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Alloy-Whe ... 2c8c36960a
Thanks for the steer - done exactly the same as the OP - being soooo careful and then.... bugger!!!
M140i Mineral Grey / Corel Red, auto, Adaptive Suspension, Pro Media, heated seats & wheel, Sunroof, reverse camera, assisted park (now THAT''S scary!), Harman Kardon, CarPlay
Previous E89 Z4 2.8i M sport

R2_1OOK
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by R2_1OOK » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Im a painter at main dealer bmw bodyshop and we dont even stock the tinters to mix b55 ferric grey 2 As there so expensive from bmw

We use as an alternative bmw sterling grey the code is 472. We have a shade of this wich is a 95% match to ferric grey so if you struggle to get ferric advise your bodyshop to use sterling but check the couple chips to find a good shade of sterling grey (we use the yellower shade)

Hope this helps

davidgriffiths wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:31 pm
Managed to scuff my wheel on the weekend, on a kerb that I had spent the previous 3 days ensuring I didn't hit....

So.. we've all heard how elusive the ferric grey 2 is on these 140 wheels.

1. Has anyone bought a genuine tin of paint from BMW?

2. Does anyone know the paint code for said paint?

I know a very good bodyshop so it won't be going to the stealers for a repair!

Hoping to get a factory colour rather than make it off the scheme!
17' m140i 5dr auto, melbourne red, coral red leather, gloss black trim, pro nav, HK, adaptive suspension, privacy glass, folding mirrors, rear arm rest

'91 e30 325i tech2, sterling silver, 2.7 manual, Lsd, fully restored

Stevec33
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by Stevec33 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:12 pm

You can get it from a company called wheel paints if you look online
2013 5 door m135i, white, red leather, adaptive suspension, harmon kardon, professional nav.

MegaloV
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:26 am

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by MegaloV » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Dare I admit this but I got some mixed today at Halfords and it looks like a pretty good match to me.
2016 M135i 5 door Auto Estoril

Reedo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by Reedo » Wed May 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Will the my 2014 M135i alloys be Ferric Grey 2 or just ferric grey?

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 47372
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by marco_polo » Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Reedo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 3:46 pm
Will the my 2014 M135i alloys be Ferric Grey 2 or just ferric grey?
Ferric Grey 2 since 2012.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Reedo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by Reedo » Wed May 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Perfect! Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
RickN55
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:03 am
Location: Leicester

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by RickN55 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Is there much of a noticeable difference from the two Ferric Greys?
Now - F21 2013 Alpine White M135i Auto (Sun protection package, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, High Gloss shadowline Finish, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)
Before - Focus ST Stage 1, Astra 1.8 SRi, Clio 1.2

Tim_C
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by Tim_C » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 pm

RickN55 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:30 pm
Is there much of a noticeable difference from the two Ferric Greys?
Rick they're pretty close. Lepsons refurbished the offside front wheel on my car below. They did it in Ferric Grey and not Ferric Grey II since they said they had problems with the latter coming out green?!

To my eye it's very slightly lighter but not enough to be noticeable.

Image

User avatar
RickN55
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:03 am
Location: Leicester

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by RickN55 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Tim_C wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 pm
RickN55 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:30 pm
Is there much of a noticeable difference from the two Ferric Greys?
Rick they're pretty close. Lepsons refurbished the offside front wheel on my car below. They did it in Ferric Grey and not Ferric Grey II since they said they had problems with the latter coming out green?!

To my eye it's very slightly lighter but not enough to be noticeable.

Image
Ahh yeah can barely notice that mate thanks for the pic! Just I ordered a Ferric Grey touch up pen for my M135i wheels as there's a stone chip on one of the spokes the prev owner had touched up and just wanted to tidy it up a little myself (me being anal most people wouldn't even notice it) And ordered one from BMW an they said there's only one they have so was just hoping it wasn't Ferric Grey 1 A80 but if there's barely any difference like your pic shouldn't matter on a small stone chip! Didn't do my home work until after I paid for it, I thought Ferric Grey was Ferric Grey didn't know there were two shades the latter being on post 2012 bms so I just found out earlier
Now - F21 2013 Alpine White M135i Auto (Sun protection package, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, High Gloss shadowline Finish, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)
Before - Focus ST Stage 1, Astra 1.8 SRi, Clio 1.2

Tim_C
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Ferric grey 2 supplies and code.

Post by Tim_C » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:58 pm

Touch up stick is almost never a perfect match anyway in my experience... Tried that with the F/G II before, wasn't happy so had it acid dipped and fully redone by Lepsons.

Post Reply

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”