Anyone else trying to sellat the moment?

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

rm1
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Anyone else trying to sellat the moment?

Post by rm1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 pm

As above sh*t time of year and will be until end of March and new deals are easier to get into . Just advertise it for 15.5 and take 15 selling cars privately often means accepting a low price.

Ezzra
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ezzra » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 pm

To be brutally Frank. I think your wasting your time. Santa's here in a couple of weeks! I prowled around a very large Audi dealership last weekend. I had to dodge the tumbleweed blowing across the showroom floor.
Wait until the new year :)
"You cannot sedate, all that you hate".

Kerr
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Kerr » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 pm

The other issue is the previous modifications to the car might deter people.

There won't be much of a chance of getting an extended warranty(which many people take out)claim settled since the car had been remapped.

Boosted_Six
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Boosted_Six » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 pm

If you don't need to sell and want to hold out for the best price, take it down and try again in the spring. It makes a huge difference in my experience.

Tricky401
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tricky401 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 pm

I'm guessing you have tried the usual selling sites such as wbac and Evans?

If your happy to take less for a sale advertising it closer to that might give more enquiries.
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

CJ92

Post by CJ92 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 pm

I have my 140 for sale on Pistonheads have had two firm offers from trade but not enough for me to let it go. Not to concerned though as I have until March to move it.

If I don't manage to sell it privately I will let it go to Trade but will remove the mpe and refit the standard box.

Anyone who would like to swap their rflt's and ferric grey M436's for a set of immaculate gloss black M436's shod with MPSS may want to give me a shout.. :wink:
Just another 1series. :)

markm240i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markm240i » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 pm

CJ92 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 pm
I have my 140 for sale on Pistonheads have had two firm offers from trade but not enough for me to let it go. Not to concerned though as I have until March to move it.
Fair enough and maybe values will firm up by March, but typically the trade will depreciate a car as new as an M140i (July 2016 onwards) by as much as £500 PCM. Ultimately CAP will determine what trade will offer.

Also, if you wait until March the trade will be flooded with traded cars for new 18 plates.
Current - M240i 8AT
Previous - Audi S3 DSG, Porsche Boxster S 981 PDK, Porsche Cayman S, Audi TTRS, Porsche Boxster S 987
Mercedes SLK 350, BMW E46 M3, BMW Z4 3.0, Honda S2000, Honda Civic Type R, Peugeot 309 GTI

dawal6
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by dawal6 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:57 pm

would imagine we buy any car and such would offer around £11500 as would trade, mage 12k on a good day, so dealer price would be 16k, i would list around 15k mark to get a bite, i dropped my 125d by 2k to get anything and even then was a struggle, have been told since my colour combo of silver/red leather isn't to taste, maybe red leather and manual are not on peoples agenda now.

Gizmo555
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Gizmo555 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 am

Took me 4 months to sell my M235i on Autotrader (also on PH)
Pitched it at the same price as others for sale at the time and no bite for months.
Ended up selling at £2K less than where I started at a value £3K less than what the same car on BMW forecourt would be. Was £2.5K above trade in price though.

Buyer got a bargain and I guess I did ok.

If it’s out of warranty how about putting a BMW Extended Warranty on it. My buyer said they wouldn’t have bought it without it.

CJ92

Post by CJ92 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 am

markm240i wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 pm
CJ92 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 pm
Fair enough and maybe values will firm up by March, but typically the trade will depreciate a car as new as an M140i (July 2016 onwards) by as much as £500 PCM. Ultimately CAP will determine what trade will offer.

Also, if you wait until March the trade will be flooded with traded cars for new 18 plates.
I fully expect to take a hit as the car is on pcp, its just a case of by how much.
I will review it next month but I will probably remove the mpe and sell separately if the car goes to trade.

It's a nice example and low mileage so we shall see how it goes..
Just another 1series. :)

ChrisOllie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ChrisOllie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 am

Stevec33 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:48 pm
Got my m135i for sale atm and finding selling it a bit more tricky than expected, had it for sale a few weeks with only one call with a low ball offer. Its a mint car with great spec in a good colour combo and for sale at what i think is a good price. Was wondering if it’s probably just this time of year and if others are finding the sane thing?
Haven't read full thread yet but wanted to comment
I found it a struggle too mate

Listed mine on here back in Aug/Sep and also on Autotrader, for what I thought was a fair price given what was on AT at the time etc.
Much like yourself, no interest through the forum, couple of lowball (insulting) offers through Autotrader, mostly trade offers about £1k below what I was asking, even had a private guy say would I take £3k below...no

My lease order ended up being delayed so I took the AT ad down and kept it up here, lowered the price a few times, again no interest. Put it on RAC cars and Pistonheads too, nothing.

Once I had a firm delivery date for new car I lowered the price again to what was cheaper than those on AT etc - the car had service pack, extended warranty, low miles etc etc so was completely mint, no one was interested presumably as it didn't have sat nav...each to their own. Final attempt to sell on here and AT was at £15.9k, I resigned myself to going to WBAC / WWAC etc who were offering max of £15.6k.

Just by chance a couple of days before going to WWAC I stuck the reg number in Arnold Clarks equivalent by your car site, they offered £16.3k, ideal I thought! But was skeptical still...
Went along to the appointment, took 10 mins to review paperwork and take the car literally up the road and back. Both the branch manager and the salesman I was dealing with came back and said that car is stunning, can't fault it in any way, and the system hadn't auto-assumed full leather, so were upping the offer to £16.4k.

Delighted, I ended up getting even more than private sale, no hassles of people turning up to the house and potentially trying to lowball, no admin fees, faster bank payment settling the finance etc for me. Would thoroughly recommend if you are anywhere near an AC branch.

Same day, they had it up for sale for £18.5k, gone off the website within 4 days - it didn't even need detailed/prep'd it was in such good condition.

I can only assume it was a financing issue in terms of paying for something £16k+, as there was no benefit to buying from a dealer in this case because it had Warranty, service pack, new tyres etc etc, but heyho!

It definitely put me off BMW / PCP'ing a bit, probably happens with all makes too, but part of the appeal of PCP is supposedly being able to sell out of the agreement/flexibility. In reality, with the facelift / update schedules of BMW, your car is always getting pummeled not just with normal depreciation due to age/mileage etc but also new, better models coming out every year or so. In my case, sat nav becoming standard (probably not an issue going forward as all cars have it), face lift a few months later, M140 a few months after than, M140 Black edition a few months after.

Just one of those things I guess, buying a car will never be a totally financially foolproof / sensible thing to do. Was a great wee car and had loads of fun with it thats the main thing.

Best of luck with the sale!
Mercedes E Class / Previously - M135 Manual / Alfa 159 Ti

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”