Baby BMW Forum banner

Current M140i deals

3K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  paz325 
#1 ·
Newbie here - currently looking to purchase a M140i. I've seen TRL's deals and just wondering if anybody has bought one recently that comes close, or betters it? I have the issue where I need to trade a car in and I'm also at the complete other end of the country from TRL so would ideally like to find a deal closer to home. My local dealer have been pretty useless so far. They gave me a car for the day on Saturday and I've basically told them I will be buying one if the figures stack up. I'm still waiting on getting any prices back despite chasing them twice. I thought sales guys are supposed to chase the customer not the other way round...!?

Anyway, I've been offered the following today from another, not so local dealer -

Alpine white Shadow edition
5 door
Auto
Pro media
Heated seats

£31,113 OTR. £1k down, £423 p/m. 10k, 48months. They are £500 off required trade in price for my current car which I'm sure with some hard negotiation they might meet.

So question is, will I do any better than this? Keen to get moving as apparently a price increase coming start of March (although I thought the increase was in Jan??). Mineral grey is my preferred colour of choice but the car offered is in stock and ready to go.

See less See more
#2 ·
My spec is pretty much that except I went for Sunset orange and heated steering wheel on top, and it's about £35 a month cheaper. Admittedly I'm on 8k miles so not sure how that affects it but I would have thought you would still get it slightly less than that.

#8 ·
I ordered mine back in June 2017. TRL had no allocation at that time so I got a quote from 'Drive The Deal' () and my local dealer (reluctantly) matched it.

That was a discount of just over £8k off the list price. Worth a look.

#9 ·
The issue I found when ordering mine was that because it was a 1 Series (or I presume this was the case) you'd get passed onto a junior or trainee which meant they had no authority to offer discounts or they were that naive, they expect you to pay the list price.

A lot of dealers never got back in touch, they would take down all my details and the reg of my part exchange and then just didn't bother calling me back. I was surprised how often this happened.

My advice is to get a quote, Coast2Coast or Carwow are good places to start and then simply go round the dealers and say "I've test drove the car and definitely want to order one, it's just the matter of getting the right price. This is the best offer I've got so far but I'd prefer to buy from a local dealer. Can you beat this?" It worked for me but it took a number of attempts at different dealers.

#10 ·
The OTR price of the car I have been offered above is cheaper than Carwow, Coast2Coast and Drivethedeal. Going by that I can only assume that I will struggle to better it.

I'll see if my local dealer decides they want to sell a car today and come back to me and try and haggle with them.

#11 ·
Where are you based?

#12 ·
I spent 6 months chasing the best deal in UK using local dealer, Carwow, c2c etc etc etc. In that time the prices went up...

If you want to save yourself time, I'd recommend to decide how much you're comfortable paying per month and go find a deal to match. You'll waste alot of time chasing 'the best' deal.

#13 ·
OneTwenty said:
Where are you based?
I'm based in Aberdeen.

I have an idea of what I want to be paying and the deal I was offered above isn't a million miles away. I'd just rather not have white and the car offered also has the high gloss black inerior trim which I'd also rather avoid. Beggars can't always be choosers though I guess.

#15 ·
Easty-5 said:
I'm based in Aberdeen.

I have an idea of what I want to be paying and the deal I was offered above isn't a million miles away. I'd just rather not have white and the car offered also has the high gloss black inerior trim which I'd also rather avoid. Beggars can't always be choosers though I guess.
Have you told them the figure you want to get to? It's easy to keep trying to beat them down on the price but they need to know if they get to a certain figure then you're willing to put down a deposit.

#17 ·
Thrash said:
Have you told them the figure you want to get to? It's easy to keep trying to beat them down on the price but they need to know if they get to a certain figure then you're willing to put down a deposit.
Yes they are aware of exactly where I am at in terms of pricing. I was looking for a deal <£400 p/m with a £500.00 deposit although I would up this to £1k. Shadowline, 5 door, auto, Pro Nav, 10k miles. Perhaps I'm being a little optimistic.

#18 ·
The problem with telling them where you want to be is they will rarely (if ever) go below that price. Why would they?

Coast2Coast, DTD et all make it so much easier to work out what the "best deal", maximum discount or final OTR price etc is.

You then get a GFV based on your miles and options and plumb that in to pcpcal.co.uk to work out the monthlies which allows you to play with your main variable - your deposit - to work out the numbers that work best for you.

It's worth noting that the deposit vs monthly equation will nearly always work out to be the same cost so it just depends where you want your money - in your back pocket or paying out that little bit less each month.

In some ways I think this should be an FAQ sticky. It probably is. Answers so many of the "Has I got good deal?" threads...

#19 ·
Kerr said:
rm1 said:
When you look at the lease deals it amazes me that PCP is so popular,
Leasing is so much cheaper at the moment. I don't think that was always the case, but that's the cheapest way of getting a M140i by a long way at the moment.
Depends on spec and mileage, of course.

If you start doing 20,000 miles on a lease deal then it becomes expensive.

#22 ·
DannyBDJ said:
I'm tempted to sell my 135 and get a lease deal on a shadow edition but once I add my spec on they're not that good of a deal really..
Agree. Lease is not the way to go for me. GFV on PCP is coming in at under £15k. I'm pretty certain these cars are going to hold their value in 4-5 years once the new model (FWD/4 pot rumoured) is released.

Anyway, one thing I didn't account for is how well BMW are apparently doing. I've spoken to 6 dealers country wide and only 2 seem actually interested in making a sale.

So - if anyone on here works for BMW, and wants a sale by the end of the month, get in touch.

Who would have thought buying a car would be so difficult.

#23 ·
Easty-5 said:
DannyBDJ said:
I'm tempted to sell my 135 and get a lease deal on a shadow edition but once I add my spec on they're not that good of a deal really..
Agree. Lease is not the way to go for me. GFV on PCP is coming in at under £15k. I'm pretty certain these cars are going to hold their value in 4-5 years once the new model (FWD/4 pot rumoured) is released.

Anyway, one thing I didn't account for is how well BMW are apparently doing. I've spoken to 6 dealers country wide and only 2 seem actually interested in making a sale.

So - if anyone on here works for BMW, and wants a sale by the end of the month, get in touch.

Who would have thought buying a car would be so difficult.
Going back to your original question - will you find a better deal? It sounds like the offer you have is pretty good in the current climate... can you still take that offer from that particular dealer?

#24 ·
scov1984 said:
Going back to your original question - will you find a better deal? It sounds like the offer you have is pretty good in the current climate... can you still take that offer from that particular dealer?
Yes I believe the offer is still on the table. The salesman is off until tomorrow so I dare say he will be back on the phone then. If he can come up an extra £500 for my trade in vehicle then I'll give him a deposit there and then.

#25 ·
Ha the "customer chasing the sales guy makes me laugh and it must be the only industry this happens in.

Our current car on lease goes back in May and we arranged it with Berry Heathrow. The guy we dealt with at the time was fantastic but he's left so we had to deal with someone else who was a lovely guy but took ages to get back and then when he did he sent me the wrong quote. Then I corrected him he sent me another wrong quote so I gave up and ordered elsewhere.

Our lease car from Berry/TRL was delivered to our house so I'm sure TRL should be able to deliver the car to you ?

#26 ·
Just received my best offer so far from a local-ish (100miles away) dealer.

Alpine White, 5 door, Shadow Edition, Auto
Black leather
High Gloss black trim
Heated seats
Reverse camera

8k P/A, 48 months
£500 deposit
£406.80 per month
Above based on me taking delivery by the end of the month - someone obviously has a target to hit!

Only thing the car is missing that I would have liked is the professional media. Will I miss not having it? The high gloss interior wouldn't be my first pick either but when you are deal hunting you can't always have everything I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.