Trying to update iDrive

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Legend69

Trying to update iDrive

Post by Legend69 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey all, I'm trying to update my iDrive software, i'm not sure whether I've got the latest version or not, I've been on BMW's update site (which was useless) and entered my cars VIN, the update software they gave me didn't work as "Software on USB device incompatible with this vehicle" which I've read online probably means I'm already running a newer version than that. So does anyone know where I can get the latest version for my car (63plate M135i). Cheers!

M--O--L--E
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Trying to update iDrive

Post by M--O--L--E » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:40 pm

Legend69 wrote:Hey all, I'm trying to update my iDrive software, i'm not sure whether I've got the latest version or not, I've been on BMW's update site (which was useless) and entered my cars VIN, the update software they gave me didn't work as "Software on USB device incompatible with this vehicle" which I've read online probably means I'm already running a newer version than that. So does anyone know where I can get the latest version for my car (63plate M135i). Cheers!
If yours is 63 plate there’s almost certainly a newer update (but they’re only bug fixes really and won’t get you a fresher looking OS.

I remember when doing mine that there’s two separate BMW iDrive update sites, think one is American and one European. One site gave me some weird update info after inputting my VIN and the other gave me good info and the update worked.

Search iDrive update again on google and click something other than the site you’ve tried.
Instagram: mole51. M135i 3dr 64-plate Mineral Grey Metallic, Coral Red leather, Auto, Nav Pro, H/K, Heated seats, Tinted rear glass, Ambient lighting.

Legend69

Re: Trying to update iDrive

Post by Legend69 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 pm

I tried the other BMW site, they recommended a completely different driver but I'm still getting the same error message unfortunately. So do you think the updates wont actually change much then other than bug fixes?

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”