All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

JDK20_M135i
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

IDrive Update?

Post by JDK20_M135i » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Afternoon Chaps,

Just a question on how do I update my M135i Idrive system, its a 2013 model. I was just wondering if any can point me in the direction of how to update it instead of going to the stealers?

Cheers

JDK
BMW M135i - Glacier Silver, Auto, Red Leather, Pro Nav, HK, Sunroof, Front & Rear PDC, Heated & Electric Memory Seats, LSD, Motech Performance Eibach Springs & Carbon Spoiler.

GingerOtter
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: IDrive Update?

Post by GingerOtter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 pm

I think the only ‘proper’ way is via the dealers as I was looking the other day. There are 3rd parties that offer updates but not sure how much I would trust them.

It shouldn’t cost you for an update via dealers if you go in for a service. Just ask them to run all updates that’s what I do and they do it. Not sure if same applies if asking them off hand but if you have warranty and you’ve noticed any issues (slowing down/ restating occasionally etc) ask if they could they run updates.

If looking for Nav Maps update this can be done yourself via connected drive on a PC.

Bluetooth and media updates for phones can be done via BMW UK website - under ownership - updates. Enter your VIN and it’ll tell you latest updates abs download to USB. If you already have the latest one in the car, when you go to install it’ll tell you.
66 M140i, Auto, F20, Sapphire Black, ACS Sports Suspension, Focal audio upgrade

17 LR Discovery HSE Lux

Previous
RR Evoque Dyn Lux
Z4 35is M DCT (2X)
Seat Ibiza FR

JDK20_M135i
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by JDK20_M135i » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:51 am

GingerOtter wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 pm
I think the only ‘proper’ way is via the dealers as I was looking the other day. There are 3rd parties that offer updates but not sure how much I would trust them.

It shouldn’t cost you for an update via dealers if you go in for a service. Just ask them to run all updates that’s what I do and they do it. Not sure if same applies if asking them off hand but if you have warranty and you’ve noticed any issues (slowing down/ restating occasionally etc) ask if they could they run updates.

If looking for Nav Maps update this can be done yourself via connected drive on a PC.

Bluetooth and media updates for phones can be done via BMW UK website - under ownership - updates. Enter your VIN and it’ll tell you latest updates abs download to USB. If you already have the latest one in the car, when you go to install it’ll tell you.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am looking for the maps update...just been on the connected drive website and can't seem to even find the updates tab...am I being dumb or is it hard to find?

Do you know anything about the software update of the car, i.e suspension, chassis, gearbox and engine updates?
BMW M135i - Glacier Silver, Auto, Red Leather, Pro Nav, HK, Sunroof, Front & Rear PDC, Heated & Electric Memory Seats, LSD, Motech Performance Eibach Springs & Carbon Spoiler.

GingerOtter
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by GingerOtter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:27 am

You need to go to connected drive, log in, go to control tab, scroll down to th box that says map update. Click on the box and it’ll take you a screen. Click manual map update and you need to download bmw update manager. Then you need a 32gb usb stick to download it too.

Sounds like you may not have remote services or the map update booked so may have to purchase this in order to do it. Go to the store tab in connected drive and it’ll show you what can be purchased. You can check what is booked for your car if you go to status tab in connected drive. On the right hand side is services. Under USB map update of it doesn’t say booked until you don’t have it so check the store.

Re the software update of the car this is again can only be done officially by BMW. There are 3rd parties that can do it as well. BMW should do all software updates during a service tbh.
66 M140i, Auto, F20, Sapphire Black, ACS Sports Suspension, Focal audio upgrade

17 LR Discovery HSE Lux

Previous
RR Evoque Dyn Lux
Z4 35is M DCT (2X)
Seat Ibiza FR

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”