Baby BMW Forum banner

Cognac interior

16K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  ghost95 
#1 ·
So I've ordered a shadow edition in white and specced it well with adaptive suspension, pro media, and a sunroof. Very excited!

However, I've gone for the cognac interior and am in two minds about it! I don't really like black (a bit boring?) and oyster wouldn't go with the white so went with the brown. Has anyone got any decent pics of the interior with cognac and what are people's thoughts on the white and cognac combo?

Cheers!

#2 ·
I had Coral Red on my M135i and absolutely loved that and would probably have ordered that again if it was still available.
I hate black leather as it's dark, boring and looks like it could be vinyl. Oyster looks like a nightmare to keep clean, so Cognac sort of chose itself.
I ordered Cognac blind as nobody had any photos of it other than the CG configurator at the time.

I have to say, I really like it and it makes a nice change after 4 years of Coral.

You can also see it in a couple of my videos:

I personally think it wouldn't suit the full M Performance interior kit as well as the Coral Red leather did, so it saved me some money by not having to order it this time round! :D

#8 ·
Hi!

I would say great choice although I am a little biased...

After about 3.5k miles there is some dye transfer on the leather but it came out easily with a bit of leather cleaner.

#9 ·
Matt90 said:
Hi!

I would say great choice although I am a little biased...

After about 3.5k miles there is some dye transfer on the leather but it came out easily with a bit of leather cleaner.

That looks about identical spec to the one I've ordered - same wheels and a sunroof! :)

Any more pics?

Thanks all for the replies feeling much happier about the spec now

#10 ·
Now gents, this is getting to be a popular choice. I ordered an Alpine White, 5 door M140i Shadow Edition, with adaptive dampers, pro nav and a few other bits and pieces,and more importantly, cognac leather seats.
I think it looks a classy alternative. Have seen a few white cars with tan leather over the years (different brands/models). I think the white/cognac looks great. I almost specked the black trim, but read a lot of comments that they can easily scuff and get fingermarks. Went for alu hex with glass black in end.
As with all of you, can't wait. First week in December can't come fast enough.

#11 ·
I spec'd cognac on my MG shadow and absolutely no regrets, it is becoming usual for people to WOW when they see the interior for the first time. The cabin in bmw's is always dark, bring it to life guys :)

If i had a white/mg or blue car id definitely spec cognac.

#12 ·
bigfellas_dad said:
I spec'd cognac on my MG shadow and absolutely no regrets, it is becoming usual for people to WOW when they see the interior for the first time. The cabin in bmw's is always dark, bring it to life guys :)

Any pics to add to the thread mate? I've ordered MG and cognac too.

#13 ·
MrTurner said:
bigfellas_dad said:

Any pics to add to the thread mate? I've ordered MG and cognac too.
Here's a link to my car on the detailers site

hhm, just checked, only one interior photo. ill try and get some photos uploaded

does this work?

#15 ·
Looks brilliant actually. Really happy I went for it now.

I opted for the brushed aluminium with the chrome surround as I reckon the chrome will match the door handles/air vent trim/gear knob etc. Not seen any pics with that spec so I'm hoping that will look ok too!...

Cheers for all the replies great to see pics of similar cars to my order. March 1st is going to take a long time to come around

#18 ·
Sorry to revive this thread. I have ordered my M140i Shadow Edition in Alpine White and I originally ordered black leather with black gloss trim.

And since finding your pics in the M140i picture thread and then finding this thread I changed it to Cognac leather with the brushed aluminium trim because I just got it stuck in my head black is just so boring and plain.

Though most people said stick with black and only a small hand full said Cognac I decided to bite the bullet with it.

How are you all finding them since and those who also ordered after this thread as well. Make the right choice?

#20 ·
I was the first on here to receive the cognac interior. Took a big risk having never seen it in real life.
Couldn't be happier with it. By far the best colour in the range. Personally think it really makes the car stand out, and looks of higher quality.

I have it with EB which I really appreciate.
It does need a leather wipe over it every so often but no permanent jean stains etc.

I wouldn't suggest getting it with the aluminium. Would recommend the gloss black interior.

#22 ·
Still love mine. Looks so much classier than boring black.
Always had a problem with black leather as it looks like it could be vinyl and of course it makes the interior dark and oppressive.
Cognac with brushed ali and a sunroof and the interior is lovely, airy and luxurious looking.
Having got used to it, I am no longer envious of my wife's current Coral Red M135i interior. She is ordering Coral again on her forthcoming Mineral White M240i though, which should be a classic combo.

#24 ·
m20b25 said:
terrible colour.

Anyone want to swap for them for a black,heated, electric, lumbar set? :)
Lol, not on your life, I love the cognac interior. I think it would go great with white cars as well

#25 ·

Just an update - picked the car up last week and couldn't be happier! The cognac is great with the white paint, and really lifts the interior, the photos don't really do it justice. It has a real quality feel and looks way more premium than the black (in my opinion!)

What a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.