Baby BMW Forum banner

Tyre sizes for Oz Ultraleggeras

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  timbo 
#1 ·
Hi guys, new to this forum having just purchased an M140i - love it!

I am looking to replace the OEM alloys with some Oz Ultraleggeras and using the OEMs for winter tyres.

Bit of a novice to this but I wonder if anyone can advise me what size tyres I would put on Oz Ultraleggera 8x18 ET40 5x120 79 to be fitted on both fronts and rears?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 ·
Nice choice of rims, lovely and light. Are they the tough 'HLT' spec?

My wheels are 8x18 ET40, and I like to run 245/35/18 all round. The wider fronts don't melt so quickly, suffer less understeer, less weird outer edge wear, and offer more rim protection. The downside is they don't like deep standing water so much, so more prone to aquaplaning.

The standard 225/40/18 fronts will transfer straight over though, if you want to give those a go. They'll look a little stretched, so watch the kerbs.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response, I'd probably go for the 245/35/18 all round then as I will have winter tyres on the OEM alloys for bad weather use and would rather avoid the kerbs!

Do they do the 'HLT' spec in 18s? From what I've researched I only seem to be able to find them in 19s or 20s?

#9 ·
#12 ·
#20 ·
Just been looking at other options to the Oz Ultraleggeras. Quite like the look of the 2Forge ZF1s at 18x8 et42 5x120 all round as a cheaper alternative.

Also just found these on ebay and quite like them as a BMW option but pretty sure they wouldn't fit...but if someone could confirm either way that would be much appreciated. Also if they do actually fit would you be able to use the stock tyres on them?

#22 ·
Thanks for your help Marco.

In that case I think I've made my mind up to go with the 2Forge ZF1s in gloss gunmetal. Would you recommend ET42 over ET40? Will put an order in for these in the next day or two.

Also will these TPMS sensors be good do you think?

EDIT: If anyone knows of any cheaper options for TPMS sensors please let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.