#1 ·
What do you say?

Thanks?

Or

No thanks?

I'll start. No thanks.

Paul

#2 ·
After sitting in one I'd say yes please. The interior is fantastic!

Also, having a baby I'm finding the 140 quite cramped with all the stuff we need to cart around so the X3 40i would be ideal.

Shame it's 50k!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yes, but the X3 isn't an option just now due to lack of discount.

Having test drove the SQ5 I now completely see the point of these, having previously thought them pointless.

On a 15k miles per year deal it was £100 month more expensive than similar specced rivals from Audi, Merc and Volvo.

I know as I've spent the last 3mths looking, before opting for the XC60.

#4 ·

Having test drove the SQ5 I now completely see the point of these, having previously thought them pointless.

On a 15k miles per year deal it was £100 month more expensive than similar specced rivals from Audi, Merc and Volvo.

#5 ·

#7 ·
Yes!

I'm a little biased as I convinced my wife to get one from Uncle Tony rather than the GLC/F-Pace/Q5/Velar.

But despite the smaller discount compared to the mx40i, bang for buck it looks a fantastic proposition. The competition are just to damn expensive if you want a sub 6 second 0-60 time, and let's face it - we all love that else we wouldn't be on this forum ;)

The toys and interior looks to be that little bit better than the 1/2 series (as you'd hope or expect I suppose), plus the fact it's AWD means it ticks the safety box for the family. Oh and the traffic lights Grand Prix will be great fun - people not realising what's under the bonnet will be stunned when a 2 tonne tank pees all over their hot hatch :lol2:

If I ever have to get a practical car instead of my F23, I'll want something like this or perhaps a 340 touring or an S4 avant- (do they do this still?)

Anyway, I'm as excited as I was for my 240 arrival and it's nit even my car!

#8 ·
Yes from me too. Never considered suv's until recently when I started eyeing up 4 year old Range Rovers to itch that scratch, then I was in my local dealership and they had a 30d x3 in the showroom with lots of options and the interior was fantastic.

Both options would be about the same - £50kish but with the X3 new and the range rover likely to spit out a few problems as most at £50k are 80k+ miles the X3 seems the 'more sensible' of the two.

My issue is I don't want to sell my M140 so I need to wait for some stronger discounts and upgrade our 330d!

#9 ·
AJRFulton said:

My in laws fancy an xc 60 but we're struggling to find a decent deal. Where did you source yours if you don't mind me asking?

#10 ·
AJRFulton said:

Agree completely. We currently have the previous XC60 (5 pot d) and it's more than adequate in terms of performance if I put my sensible hat on.

The extra for the 40i engine isn't cheap and as you say puts a £100 premium on monthlies, but the equivalent engine in the other brands SUV are even more expensive. Was watching Clarkson and co on Amazon the other day, and while they're impressive, a well specced Velar, MacanS or Alfa with a 300bhp+ engine in, are in the region of £65-70k I reckon.

A 335d xdrive x3 is plenty powerful I guess, and for far less £££, but as I have the B58 in my mlite I'd miss the extra drama you get.

#11 ·
Jamesno1 said:
AJRFulton said:

My in laws fancy an xc 60 but we're struggling to find a decent deal. Where did you source yours if you don't mind me asking?
Believe it or not, Arnold Clark on a personal lease or PCP is cheapest. If your a cash buyer Coventry Volvo. - You will need to call them on both instances - deals not online. It is a cracking sensible car, with one of the best interiors around. If you value effortless, comfortable driving (in something that isnt a Q5) you will like the Volvo.You won't drive it for pleasure, it is in no way fun to drive, but it will make mundane driving more pleasurable.

The new X3 is costing £100 more on the monthlies like for like.

I've been speccing the "sensible" engine ones and it is far too expensive on PCP/Lease. Merc, Audi and Volvo currently undercut it ~£100 a month like for like (ie comparing S-Line to M-Sport versions). The dealer discounts/contribution on a GLC, XC60 and Q5 are (at least) 15%... you are lucky to be getting 3% on the new X3. Without shopping around too hard, you can easily get a well specced Merc/Volvo for £35k, the Q5 a bit more (but GFV tends to be higher). It is a struggle to get the X3, in decent spec to much under £40k.

Obviously this will change with time.

#15 ·
Yes from me as well!

Power & performance of the 240 but with a lot more practicality.

#17 ·
I'd have one in a heartbeat - but for it to work for me I'd need something like an Mx5 or Elise in the garage as in the end there's barely any suv's that are actually fun to drive.

#19 ·
I'd say yes to an X3 m40i, but not as a replacement for my m140i. It can be our family car, mostly driven by wifey, but I can give it some beans when I'm driving ;-) I'd put it in the same category as Macan and Jag fpace, which we did consider as well, but then ended up saving our money and just buying a Mazda CX-9 for wifey, which is fun to drive as well, but yeah not like one of these hot SUVs. Hot SUVs seems to be the new category taking over hot hatches, however i think an mppsk 3 series wagon, will always drive better and offer same level of practicality :)

frazzle said:
Have to say, I'd also be really interested in an x2 m40!
Isn't the X2 fwd or front biased AWD? I doubt it'll be as much fun as an m40i!

#20 ·
I have an X3 M40i coming next month so will put up some photos and a review then. The interior is really a step up from F series cars. The ambient lighting is great at night.

#22 ·
frazzle said:
Have to say, I'd also be really interested in an x2 m40!
Isn't the X2 fwd or front biased AWD? I doubt it'll be as much fun as an m40i!
[/quote]

I saw a road test review of the X2 the other day. They confirmed that the engine bay isn't actually big enough to accommodate the B58 engine.

#24 ·
Tricky401 said:
strike4A said:
I have an X3 M40i coming next month so will put up some photos and a review then. The interior is really a step up from F series cars. The ambient lighting is great at night.
What sort of spec have you gone for and what sort of deal?
Carbon black with the standard 20" 699M wheels then added folding mirrors, HUD, HK, wireless charging/EBT, sunroof, sun pro glass, acoustic glass, park assistant plus, adaptive suspension, extended storage and lumbar.

Ordered last October, got 8% off with GFV around the £24.5k mark (4 year PCP). Suspect you can could get more off now although slots are scarce and no leeway on the APR (for now).

#25 ·
strike4A said:
Tricky401 said:
strike4A said:
What sort of spec have you gone for and what sort of deal?
Carbon black with the standard 20" 699M wheels then added folding mirrors, HUD, HK, wireless charging/EBT, sunroof, sun pro glass, acoustic glass, park assistant plus, adaptive suspension, extended storage and lumbar.

Ordered last October, got 8% off with GFV around the £24.5k mark (4 year PCP). Suspect you can could get more off now although slots are scarce and no leeway on the APR (for now).
Sounds great. Plenty of pics required on collection

#26 ·
I'm in the "no thanks" camp.

For me the X3 is too big and heavy for it to be worth having the MPerformance engine.

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice looking car and I can see the attraction of it but for me I think I'd quickly get fed up with it and end up back in an Mlite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.