Baby BMW Forum banner

Connected Drive

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  GaryB1972 
#1 ·
I can't believe my connected drive is due to expire and now they want £230 to keep it going!! Bloody rip off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
andrewrs4 said:
How old is the car? My Audi online services, or what ever it was called, only lasted 90 days before it expired and required a purchase.
12 months old

#6 ·
CD gives you access to map updates: automatically updating UK maps while driving, and via the download-to-USB mechanism for Europe.

With my ProNnav, I got 3 years membership.

#7 ·
msej449 said:
CD gives you access to map updates: automatically updating UK maps while driving, and via the download-to-USB mechanism for Europe.

With my ProNnav, I got 3 years membership.
I thought with my Pro Nav I would have, but no!

#8 ·
Really?? I knew my Deezer was due to expire after 12 months but connected drive? 230+160 for deezer, £350!!

Deezer is the only thing I use for the "Connected Services" and I'm still deciding whether to drop £160 on that alone. The rest of it is a waste of time.

#9 ·
KRUK said:
Really?? I knew my Deezer was due to expire after 12 months but connected drive? 230+160 for deezer, £350!!

Deezer is the only thing I use for the "Connected Services" and I'm still deciding whether to drop £160 on that alone. The rest of it is a waste of time.
£160 for Deezer? Isn't it normally £11 a month or something like that?

#10 ·
KRUK said:

#11 ·
Ckpearce91 said:
KRUK said:

To have the Deezer package through BMW it's a £160 one off payment for 12 months. This allows you to use the cars 4G sim card to download data/music.

#12 ·
KRUK said:
Ckpearce91 said:
KRUK said:

To have the Deezer package through BMW it's a £160 one off payment for 12 months. This allows you to use the cars 4G sim card to download data/music.
Couldn't I just sign into the Deezer on the car with the Deezer account I already have? Sorry, I'm yet to take deliver of my car.

#13 ·
GaryB1972 said:
andrewrs4 said:
How old is the car? My Audi online services, or what ever it was called, only lasted 90 days before it expired and required a purchase.
12 months old

I'd check with BMW because that doesn't sound right.

Our ConnectedDrive services are valid for 36 months.

#14 ·
Ckpearce91 said:
KRUK said:
Ckpearce91 said:
Couldn't I just sign into the Deezer on the car with the Deezer account I already have? Sorry, I'm yet to take deliver of my car.
Not as far as i'm aware :( That will only allow you to use the regular Deezer services through phone apps, desktop etc. If you look on the Deezer account it actually specifies it's a BMW subscription too :(

If I don't need to pay for connected drive, I'm still considering renewing it. I love Deezer :)

#15 ·
KRUK said:
Ckpearce91 said:
KRUK said:
Not as far as i'm aware :( That will only allow you to use the regular Deezer services through phone apps, desktop etc. If you look on the Deezer account it actually specifies it's a BMW subscription too :(

If I don't need to pay for connected drive, I'm still considering renewing it. I love Deezer :)
That will be bloody annoying as I have loads of music already on my Deezer as I've had an account with them for nearly 5 years. I'll have to play music through BT as always ☹

#16 ·
KRUK said:
Ckpearce91 said:
KRUK said:

Had a look at Deezer's FAQ page today for bmw online services and it says on there that if I already have a Deezer account (which I do) then I could just sign in using my log in details. I'm feeling relieved now knowing I can carry on listening to my tunes in my new car without having to re-download

#19 ·
Gary, only one way to solve this. Another midnight collection next week? [emoji6]

#20 ·
Check that email again..

I have one that is badly worded and is actually telling me that my online entertainment is running out. Which I expected.

"Your BMW Connected drive SERVICE is about to expire"

The service being Online Entertainment.. Not Connected Drive itself :)

#21 ·
Jamie214 said:
Gary, only one way to solve this. Another midnight collection next week? [emoji6]

It's gone so fast!! Next year maybe [emoji106]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.