Baby BMW Forum banner

Rear collision - very low speed - bumper damage?

600 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Swiftly 
#1 ·
I was stood at some traffic lights this morning and some idiot ran into the back of me, pre-empting the change in lights. It was less a collision, and more a 'push'.

It was dark and raining, so I've only just had chance to check it out. There's no surface damage as far as I can see, but the diffuser part of the bumper has a lot more flex in it than I remember. Feeling behind it, it seems like there might have been fixings for two plastic connections which now appear broken. Can someone do me a favour and put a hand behind there M140 to check how the centre of the diffuser is secured?

I've searched online - the only image of a detached diffuser element that shows the rear does not show much detail, but it looks like there are two fixing points. Perhaps the bumper it attaches to supplies the fittings?

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Stangs said:
I was stood at some traffic lights this morning and some idiot ran into the back of me, pre-empting the change in lights. It was less a collision, and more a 'push'.

It was dark and raining, so I've only just had chance to check it out. There's no surface damage as far as I can see, but the diffuser part of the bumper has a lot more flex in it than I remember. Feeling behind it, it seems like there might have been fixings for two plastic connections which now appear broken. Can someone do me a favour and put a hand behind there M140 to check how the centre of the diffuser is secured

I've searched online - the only image of a detached diffuser element that shows the rear does not show much detail, but it looks like there are two fixing points. Perhaps the bumper it attaches to supplies the fittings?

Thanks for any help.
Hope you dont have any broken clips. There is a video I used when I changed over my diffuser, so hope it helps.

To see how the diffuser is held in place, skip to 3:25 and all should become clear. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.