Baby BMW Forum banner

Recommendations for Trackday Insurance

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  McTrucky 
#1 ·
As per title, any recommendations for Track day insurance.

Never bothered previously, but just got to thinking today... Got a quote for about £220 for a single day at Silverstone. Seems expensive to me, especially with a £2k excess. What say you?

#2 ·
Thats cheaper than what I've been quoted in the past. I've had £305 + a 3k excess or there about.

Ive never actually taken out the insurance though because its so expensive. I know its a risky game but I think if your sensible and get caught up in any drama with other drivers you should be okay.. thats what I tell myself anyways lol

#4 ·
+1 for moris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Competition car insurance include 5 track days with their annual cover. They won't cover any work use though.
Also cover tourist days at the ring.
I use them for my GTR, couldn't get cover on the 1 though because of work use. They won't necessa cover standard cars either, helps to have a few mods.

#7 ·
MartyB said:
Worth giving Manning UK a try. They cover all UK trackdays as standard in your road policy (as long as they are an ATDO registered organiser).

That's good to know, thanks. I'll be trying them next:)

#8 ·
git-r2 said:
MartyB said:
Worth giving Manning UK a try. They cover all UK trackdays as standard in your road policy (as long as they are an ATDO registered organiser).

I've just been ringing around a bit on this.

For just track days try Insuremytrackday. I found them to be fairly reasonable and have better terms on what's covered than Moris etc. Recommend you read the t&c's yourself though. Most top end companies typically charge 1% of cars value.

Mannings will insure your road car (but not a track car - as I've just found out they won't insure my modded 130i as they deem it too cheap and therefore more likely to be thrashed) but they will if I throw in my cayman (that's their target car, expensive road car that'll be looked after with the odd track day per annum) and x5. Their policy included unlimited adto track days.

Reis will cover my 130i and include trackday cover (6) on one policy but your car must be garaged. Mine isn't. The other policy they do doesn't have track days included but it's cheap, on limited mileage 5,000 (aimed at out and out track cars really) and the track day cover is 1% so effing expensive.

Keith michaels I am awaiting a quote for and I believe can add a U.K. track day at £45 each, should find out tomorrow. This could be good value and a more normal type policy than reis.

So Mannings would suit a higher end car so could be a good shout. Say you only do 3 track days pa, that's several hundred pounds of value at those prices you were quoted. Just a shame I haven't yet got a price from them to compare to reis. I'll update as I get more proposals.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Thanks all, more investigation required, but Morris came in at £120 with £1100 excess. They also do a multiday policy which works out around £85 per date. But dates and locations need to be stated up front, with a £20 (ish) change charge. Might give LV a call and see what/if I can update my road policy to include tracks.

#10 ·
Rustle said:
git-r2 said:
MartyB said:

I've just been ringing around a bit on this.

For just track days try Insuremytrackday. I found them to be fairly reasonable and have better terms on what's covered than Moris etc. Recommend you read the t&c's yourself though. Most top end companies typically charge 1% of cars value.

Mannings will insure your road car (but not a track car - as I've just found out they won't insure my modded 130i as they deem it too cheap and therefore more likely to be thrashed) but they will if I throw in my cayman (that's their target car, expensive road car that'll be looked after with the odd track day per annum) and x5. Their policy included unlimited adto track days.

Reis will cover my 130i and include trackday cover (6) on one policy but your car must be garaged. Mine isn't. The other policy they do doesn't have track days included but it's cheap, on limited mileage 5,000 (aimed at out and out track cars really) and the track day cover is 1% so effing expensive.

Keith michaels I am awaiting a quote for and I believe can add a U.K. track day at £45 each, should find out tomorrow. This could be good value and a more normal type policy than reis.

So Mannings would suit a higher end car so could be a good shout. Say you only do 3 track days pa, that's several hundred pounds of value at those prices you were quoted. Just a shame I haven't yet got a price from them to compare to reis. I'll update as I get more proposals.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy, that's hugely helpful 👍👍👍

#12 ·
Called LV, and no go. No track day cover available. Going with Moris, 5 named dates for £400. Not sure I'll take the optional £15 per event vehicle recovery option though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.