Upgrade Factory Speakers?...

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Elliot92

Upgrade Factory Speakers?...

Post by Elliot92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi All,

There's probably nothing that I can do but...

I've got an M240i on PCP, had it for about a year.

Got the standard speakers, anyway I can upgrade them? Change them through an approved way through BMW?

Or not an option on PCP? I know I should of selected HK sound but my car was a pre-reg (so didn't build it) and the spec was exactly what I wanted (minus the HK sound) with a big discount, so I bought it.

Anything I can do? Or simply not an option?

Cheers all

Quattrodave
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Upgrade Factory Speakers?...

Post by Quattrodave » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Why not change them whilst you run it and return to standard with original speakers before you return? Then you can sell the speakers and it'll be of minimal cost to you.

Only issue I think you'll have is the standard system amp isn't up to much

Elliot92

Post by Elliot92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Quattrodave wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm
Why not change them whilst you run it and return to standard with original speakers before you return? Then you can sell the speakers and it'll be of minimal cost to you.

Suppose that could be an option. But then again it wouldn't be approved by BMW and they will likely have the normal response of not modifying a car.

Unless they didnt know, but then its doing it or getting someone to do it who would do a good job... and not make a mess of it

MrTurner
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MrTurner » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:04 pm

If you're not cutting anything or doing anything which will affect the future value of the vehicle I wouldn't even bother to ask. Warranty wise, the audio wouldn't be covered, but all the media etc would. I'd just try swapping them out for better speakers or get a sub and amp installed in the boot or under a seat.

Uncle Tupelo
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Uncle Tupelo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Elliot92 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm
Quattrodave wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Suppose that could be an option. But then again it wouldn't be approved by BMW and they will likely have the normal response of not modifying a car.

Unless they didnt know, but then its doing it or getting someone to do it who would do a good job... and not make a mess of it
It's a fairly straight forward plug and play solution. Remove door cards, remove speaker mounting screws, pop out speakers and unplug connectors, plug in new speakers (and crossover if using the ones with built in coaxial tweeter) the refit everything. Rinse and repeat in reverse prior to handback. No cutting or permanent modifications involved.
2016 220d Sport xDrive auto.

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”