Baby BMW Forum banner

HK in the 2 series

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  baderlfc 
#1 ·
Picked up my new M240 at the weekend. No logic setting for HK. Dissapointing for £650 :x

#3 ·
I think I read somewhere recently that someone disconnected the centre dash speaker and it noticabley improves the sound quality on the HK

#4 ·
Compactpete said:
Creepy Coupe said:
Picked up my new M240 at the weekend. No logic setting for HK. Dissapointing for £650 :x
You only get that in the 3 series and above.

The 1/2 series HK is not bad providing you have a quality input.
99% will be via USB.

#5 ·
Disconnecting the front speaker is a must do in my opinion, I've noticed much more improved sound since doing it. Tweeters are now useful and pronounced. Lows/mids are also better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Locoblade said:
Are there any drawbacks with detaching the centre speaker, I assume the front parking sensor warnings wouldnt be affected for example?
From what I have read everything works as normal with it disconnected..

I have also read that some say they havdnt noticed a dramatic difference when some claiming its a noticeable improvement.. Maybe quality of source will make the difference perhaps..

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

#11 ·
April Fools is not for a while.

This is a car, not a lounge. you cannot drive from the sweet spot (the centre arm rest) and who listens to the audio at rest (without road, wind and engine noise). The poseurs cracked me up with the original thread, but it takes all sorts.
Just enjoy the HK with a lossless USB input, its good enough.
lol

Nic

#12 ·
#14 ·
NicD said:

This is a car, not a lounge. you cannot drive from the sweet spot (the centre arm rest) and who listens to the audio at rest (without road, wind and engine noise). The poseurs cracked me up with the original thread, but it takes all sorts.
lol

Nic
Thanks for your extremely valuable and insightful input.

#15 ·
NicD said:

lol

Nic
Your point is flawed. It's because of the road and wind noise the additional means to adjust the sound via pro logic is more important.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.