Baby BMW Forum banner

Wrong car ordered

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Uncle Tupelo 
#1 ·
I received an email yesterday telling me my new M140i is now complete. However, something was amiss. The picture of my interior showed a manual when I ordered an auto. An exchange with BMW genius confirmed my order was a manual. Awaiting a call back from my dealer now to see what they say. The paperwork I signed did say auto.

The other thing is I was going to part exchange my current car with them which I am in negative equity with and I would pay off the difference. They have not seen the car as I'm in Cheshire and they're in Plymouth but I did get a price off them based on end of march.

Curious to see how this plays out as I'm not going to take the manual.

#2 ·
They should order you a new car and either take your PX now and put you in a loaner. Or let you slep around in it until the new one arrives and give you the same PX value.

#5 ·
I suspect they'll be a deal to be had in Plymouth first week of April for the following.

F20 M140i Shadow Edition
- Sunset Orange / Oyster / High gloss black / 719m Jet black alloys
- Manual
- Adaptive suspension
- Pro media
- Front PDC
- Reversing assist camera
- Heated seats

Presuming the rest of the spec is right.

#6 ·
vs39 said:
I suspect they'll be a deal to be had in Plymouth first week of April for the following.

F20 M140i Shadow Edition
- Sunset Orange / Oyster / High gloss black / 719m Jet black alloys
- Manual
- Adaptive suspension
- Pro media
- Front PDC
- Reversing assist camera
- Heated seats

Presuming the rest of the spec is right.
That's a pretty big mistake to make [emoji23]

And yes there will but it is the wrong spec to 80% of the population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Dealer got in touch yesterday. New order going in for delivery end of May, same price, same part exchange.

I did try and push to part exchange now and then to put me in a loan car but they don't have any available for that period, or even a M140i demonstrater. They said they'll see what they can do to make the situation right.

So at the moment this leaves me cost neutral, except that my current car is due a service between then and now.

Now the wait begins... again.

#11 ·
BMWNeil said:
Any costs to your own car (like a service), they should pay for surely, if they'd got it right in the first place, you wouldn't have to pay for said fees.
I agree. That's half the reason I was pushing for a loan car (the other half being it would take the sting out of it to be swanning around in a different car).

Update:

They said it's fine to not get the service done and they'll take it with a service due.

#12 ·
vs39 said:
BMWNeil said:
Any costs to your own car (like a service), they should pay for surely, if they'd got it right in the first place, you wouldn't have to pay for said fees.
I agree. That's half the reason I was pushing for a loan car (the other half being it would take the sting out of it to be swanning around in a different car).

Update:

They said it's fine to not get the service done and they'll take it with a service due.
Thats not too bad then, fingers crossed nothing happens till then. Are you getting any compo for the delay? Any goodies?

#14 ·
Uncle Tupelo said:
vs39 said:
Update:

I hope you've got that in writing. Given that they've already demonstrated that they cannot be totally relied upon, I'd hate for that conversation to be forgotten when it comes to exchange time.
That's why everything is being done via email. To be fair it probably won't have crossed the service point but will be within 100-200 miles if the idrive doesn't change its mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.