Baby BMW Forum banner

Galvanic controls

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Quattrodave 
#1 ·
Afternoon peeps.

Whilst I had my 140 at my local dealers a couple of months ago I had a poke around the newest X3. Sadly they only had a 20d around so didn't bother taking it out (quite tempted by the M40i!).

One of the things that stood out for me was how much nicer to look at and feel the 4U0 galvanic embellisher controls were over the normal black plastic ones and it got me thinking whether the buttons on the X3 would fit into the 140 and if not whether there's a way of achieving something similar?

I find the interior of the 1 series a bit too black and plasticky. I've tried where possible to brighten it up - oyster interior, alu dash inserts with colour coded orange detail, alcantara wheel with orange stitching and think the buttons would finish it off nicely.

#3 ·
My Lci M240 has a few extra metal look highlights added. Around the heater vents and radio facia. Together with the new dash layout and instruments it looks fresh. I didn't think it look bland.

#5 ·
Those buttons on G01 X3 will likely only be interchangeable with the latest 5 and 7 series (or other G series). Personally I don't like them as I think the lettering is harder to read as it's in red/orange.

#6 ·
strike4A said:
Quattrodave said:
Afternoon peeps.

Whilst I had my 140 at my local dealers a couple of months ago I had a poke around the newest X3. Sadly they only had a 20d around so didn't bother taking it out (quite tempted by the M40i!).

One of the things that stood out for me was how much nicer to look at and feel the 4U0 galvanic embellisher controls were over the normal black plastic ones and it got me thinking whether the buttons on the X3 would fit into the 140 and if not whether there's a way of achieving something similar?

I find the interior of the 1 series a bit too black and plasticky. I've tried where possible to brighten it up - oyster interior, alu dash inserts with colour coded orange detail, alcantara wheel with orange stitching and think the buttons would finish it off nicely.
Those buttons on G01 X3 will likely only be interchangeable with the latest 5 and 7 series (or other G series). Personally I don't like them as I think the lettering is harder to read as it's in red/orange.
Yeah I suspect you're right. As for the lettering and lighting, I don't think I look at the lettering on mine anymore, I just know where they are!

#8 ·
strike4A said:
I'm picking up X3 M40i on Friday so I'll put up some interior photos for comparison.
Cheers Strike. I was very impressed with the interior of the new X3 i had a poke around.

would be great if you could let us know how you're getting on with your X3 M40 a month or so down the line as I'm very interested in one to replace my wifes 330d

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.