Delay on M140i

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Motherfluffa
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Delay on M140i

Post by Motherfluffa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:12 pm

A friend of mine who works for bmw is saying it's co2 related new build slots have been allocated an additional co2 check option as of today on certain cars, probably just a retest and send them on hopefully but I've also been told they're trying to get whatever it is done to over 1000 cars in the UK right now so expect further delays.
2016 F21 120D M sport Mineral Grey with Coral Red leather, M performance brakes, HK Sound, Sun protection Glass, Full LED's, Comfort Pack.
M performance sills, spoiler with side blades and double slat grilles, and interior now fitted.

Benyounger

Post by Benyounger » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Motherfluffa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:12 pm
A friend of mine who works for bmw is saying it's co2 related new build slots have been allocated an additional co2 check option as of today on certain cars, probably just a retest and send them on hopefully but I've also been told they're trying to get whatever it is done to over 1000 cars in the UK right now so expect further delays.
Odd seems like no one in BMW really communicate... customer services said there was an extreme weather event causing all the cars from that port in Germany to be checked over. They went on to say this is to be carried about by the dealership and that a set of instructions have been sent to my dealership regarding my car but still no update when the car will be ready... one week later :roll:

LadyBayImp
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by LadyBayImp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm

The German port explanation sounds odd, as our X3 M40i (which I’ve been told will be delayed by a week) is made in South Carolina. Or maybe the boat comes to the UK after a stop off in Germany first.
Mineral Grey M240i Convertible Auto. Chrome MPE, matte black MP diffuser, matte black grilles, JB+

Deadeye
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Deadeye » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Someone needs to get one on a dyno when they get it (running in procedure done etc).
F20 M135i - most toys
F80 M3 - even more toys - gone!
F87 M2 - most toys

Tell others about your car buying experience by writing a car dealer review at http://www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk

Benyounger

Post by Benyounger » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:13 pm

LadyBayImp wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm
The German port explanation sounds odd, as our X3 M40i (which I’ve been told will be delayed by a week) is made in South Carolina. Or maybe the boat comes to the UK after a stop off in Germany first.
The X3s have been delayed for another reason than the 1 series. The X3 spoiler lip has a risk of falling off but that’s an easy fix that’s why it’s only a week, no one knows how long the 1 series will take unfortunately

LadyBayImp
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by LadyBayImp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Benyounger wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:13 pm
LadyBayImp wrote:
The X3s have been delayed for another reason than the 1 series. The X3 spoiler lip has a risk of falling off but that’s an easy fix that’s why it’s only a week, no one knows how long the 1 series will take unfortunately
Ah, thanks for that
Mineral Grey M240i Convertible Auto. Chrome MPE, matte black MP diffuser, matte black grilles, JB+

MrTurner
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by MrTurner » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Deadeye wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:09 pm
Someone needs to get one on a dyno when they get it (running in procedure done etc).
Already offered that when mine arrives, same spec same day comparison though.

TRL
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by TRL » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 pm

LadyBayImp wrote:
So basically all the American built cars come over on one ship as LHD and RHD... they go to Germany first and unload all of the LHD, then fill up
the space with RHD german built cars so a full load arrives back here in Southampton. That's why it takes us so long to get our RHD X cars.
"I don't sell cars, I sell dreams, :mrgreen:
M140 Motech Edition M.002 (for work); M2 M-DCT LCI (for FUN) :D .

LadyBayImp
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by LadyBayImp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:15 pm

TRL wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 pm
LadyBayImp wrote:
So basically all the American built cars come over on one ship as LHD and RHD... they go to Germany first and unload all of the LHD, then fill up
the space with RHD german built cars so a full load arrives back here in Southampton. That's why it takes us so long to get our RHD X cars.
Thanks Tony, makes sense - simple logistics (an industry in which I clearly shouldn’t get a job :lol:)

Paradroid888

Post by Paradroid888 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Has anyone received their delayed car yet? I've not and it's got me wondering if it's been written off and they're building a replacement. Otherwise I can't think why it would be so late.

I've been lent a courtesy car in the meantime though so can't complain, am being looked after.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

ashhump

Post by ashhump » Wed May 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Paradroid888 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:07 pm
Has anyone received their delayed car yet? I've not and it's got me wondering if it's been written off and they're building a replacement. Otherwise I can't think why it would be so late.

I've been lent a courtesy car in the meantime though so can't complain, am being looked after.

Yes I got mine last week.

Each car is being rated from Ok, light and medium.
Ok are fine to go
Light have a thorough specific cleaning regime to carry out
Medium must go back to the distribution centre for investigation

Paradroid888

Post by Paradroid888 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:42 pm

ashhump wrote:
Paradroid888 wrote:

Ok are fine to go
Interesting thanks.

Heard about 100 were written off not not sure how accurate that is.

Oh and glad to hear you got your car, hope you're enjoying it.

ashhump

Post by ashhump » Wed May 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Paradroid888 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:42 pm
ashhump wrote:
Paradroid888 wrote:

Ok are fine to go
Interesting thanks.

Heard about 100 were written off not not sure how accurate that is.

Oh and glad to hear you got your car, hope you're enjoying it.

Yeah you’re right! Some have been written off. I think mine got on the boat just as the storm was brewing. Most of them had a hold out on them to prevent them even being registered. Mine slipped through the net, got registered then was told I couldn’t have it so ended up having to cancel my insurance because there was no definite date of when I would get it.
Yeah I love it! Better than my old 235i and X4 35d

Hope all is ok with yours

Motherfluffa
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Motherfluffa » Wed May 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Mine was written off, contacted last week about a replacement order with financial incentives rush order coming in 2 weeks
2016 F21 120D M sport Mineral Grey with Coral Red leather, M performance brakes, HK Sound, Sun protection Glass, Full LED's, Comfort Pack.
M performance sills, spoiler with side blades and double slat grilles, and interior now fitted.

NL-Mike
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by NL-Mike » Thu May 03, 2018 10:02 am

Yep, I've got a 'medium' car on the way. Not sure how happy I am with that, it's not written off but apparently it's more than just a thorough clean. Wonder how that would affect warranty in the long term, has sand entered air intake/engine/brakes/suspension etc.. Not to speak of what the paint would look like!

We'll wait and see!

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”