Anyone had a wavy windscreen?

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster

N.M135i

Anyone had a wavy windscreen?

Post by N.M135i » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Bit of a strange one...

So I just swapped my old M135i for a new M140i and without being able to pinpoint what's going on here exactly, the thing that jumped out was that the view out of the windscreen seems to be a bit wavy whilst driving. There doesn't appear to be any damage to the glass, or any obvious sign of defects and it it appears to be a genuine windscreen too. Has anyone else encountered any issues like this or know what might be causing it?

I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it the hole thing tbh, or if it's just a matter of acclimatising to driving a new car!? I expected it to feel exactly the same as before, but I never felt this effect in the old car. It kinda feels like the grey shade band glass has a darker tint to it than from my old M135i too. I wondered if the tint might have something to do with it.

Anyway the only way I can describe the effect is that it feels a bit like someone is very slightly wobbling a pair of glasses in front of you whilst watching the car ahead. It's almost subliminal though, so it's really hard to describe.

Anyway if anyone has any ideas (other than stop wearing wobbly glasses!) then please let me know what you think.

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”