Baby BMW Forum banner

Milkman......

4K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Kerr 
#1 ·
Hello ladies and gents,

So woke up this morning to a surprise...... the milkman has reversed into my 7 month old M140.....

Now they will have to probably replace the bonnet (or repair), front light and bumper as the clip on the bumper has snapped.
Really car proud person and I was wondering if the BMW workshops will spray it like it has come out the factory or will it look all orange peel and not standard?

Has anyone got any ideas or experience in this?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#7 ·
Yh all Sorted with the milk company insurance - BMW assistance have been great and came within an hour to collect to car and an hour later gave me a car also, 520d not bad really.
They held there hands up straight away and are paying for the repairs so all sorted - spoke to BMW about the repair and asked if it would look like showroom and they reassured it would and it will have a lifetime warranty, let's see I will update once repaired !

#9 ·
Neeks626 said:
Yh all Sorted with the milk company insurance - BMW assistance have been great and came within an hour to collect to car and an hour later gave me a car also, 520d not bad really.
They held there hands up straight away and are paying for the repairs so all sorted - spoke to BMW about the repair and asked if it would look like showroom and they reassured it would and it will have a lifetime warranty, let's see I will update once repaired !

Glad it's been relatively straightforward. I'd be well pi**ed off if it was mine so I feel for you.

That said it would aggrieve me when it comes time for your insurer to ask if you've had any no-fault accidents.

#11 ·
Good on him for admitting it. Bet he had his mind on the wife next door :cool2:

#14 ·
Before the M140i I had a 2016 white MINI ragtop which had NSF Wing and lamp damage from a third party who drove off, BMW Park Lane collected it and 3 days later it was back with new bonnet, new front bumper and headlamp good as new, they did a superb job, thing is , if its not up to er...."scratch" when you pick it up just reject it there and then

#16 ·
Soo ! Car is now back from BMW, fantastic finish just a 1 or 2 bits that they are sorting for me cause I'm fussy but can't fault the repair it cost £4500 to repair it as it all had to be replaced and sprayed !

I would recommend them 100%!
One major difference is that they put a standard M140 light on as replacement and not a shadow edition one [emoji23] they are replacing that next week for a shadow edition one, the first pic is the incorrect replacement and should look like the second pic - how they got that wrong I haven't a clue [emoji23][emoji23]

#18 ·
You say a good repair but any body shop manager worth their reputation wouldn't let a car leave with the wrong headlight and misaligned bonnet. A bit school boy error.

#20 ·
£4,500 to fix that!!! I must be living in the wrong centuary, I would have expected change from £500. My whole car, brand new, cost less than six times your repair cost on a bonnet, bumper and head light.

#21 ·
McTrucky said:
£4,500 to fix that!!! I must be living in the wrong centuary, I would have expected change from £500. My whole car, brand new, cost less than six times your repair cost on a bonnet, bumper and head light.
They replaced the bonnet and resprayed it, replaced the headlight and whole front bumper plus respray - also the mounts for my intercooler got bent so the had to replace them etc... I didn't pay the insurance company did &#x1f937-1f3fc-2642;&#x1f937-1f3fc-2642;&#x1f937-1f3fc-2642;

#22 ·
Crazy money though... I always wonder at cost of painting, seems to me that parts could be shipped painted ready to fit. May be wrong but expect all parts are painted at the factory before assembly, so only an extra day or so to ship direct from the factory for any current production colours. Surely much cheaper on the whole to do that.

#24 ·
Classic brand maximising the opportunity presented through an insurance claim - no wonder premiums are on the hike :rollseyes:

PS: glad the OP has got his pride and joy back to what it was pre-bang (something we'd all demand) but considering the damage the cost to do so is crazy.

#25 ·
Glad to hear its being repaired at no cost to you, hear of too many instances of peoples car getting crashed into but the culprit driving off without leaving details.
£4500 though!!! and i doubt i would be 100% recomending a place that gave me my car back with the wrong headlight and misalinged bonnet.
At least they are sorting it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.