WOW, I did not know that...

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Post Reply
User avatar
Paul CS
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: London

WOW, I did not know that...

Post by Paul CS » Sun May 17, 2015 9:30 am

I hope the purpose of this topic is to share things/learning about our M135i's that we have just discovered. They might be "obvious" to others and might be in the manual but for some reason it bypassed us. However once discovered we think WOW!

For example there was a recent topic where it was highlighted that if you touch (but not press) the radio buttons the description of the pre programmed function shows on the display.

So what promoted this topic? Well I just realised that if you shove the auto stick to the left and DON'T touch the paddles, the gearbox still auto shifts but in sports mode and the gear is shown in the dash display as "S1, S2 etc" like a Porsche. Previously I thought you had to go to Sport or Sport+ to change the gearbox mode. Now I can have comfort ride, steering and throttle but sports auto box changes and see the gear. Great for running in the car (to stop the engine labouring) with family on board or stop start traffic. You also get the great noise between up changes.

So, what's your WOW discovery moment?

By the way, nothing will be judged silly and being the great bunch of people we are, no one will take the mick.

Over to you...

Paul
M140i MR Shadow Edition. MP springs. Under frame brace.

User avatar
AW_Dan
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1516
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by AW_Dan » Sun May 17, 2015 9:58 am

When I found out just how many voice controls you could use. I was looking at setting up a shortcut to turn the display off (using the buttons). Found out you just need say 'display off' and it's done. Saved me an extra preset for when I finally get around to sorting them all!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F20 | M135i | AW | Auto | Adaptive Suspension | Pro Media | HK Audio | Sun Protection | Visibility Pack | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | PDC F&R

MPE | Black Grilles | Splitter | H&R Springs | Carbon Mirror Covers | Dare DR X2 | JB4 | BCS HF DP

User avatar
Paul CS
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: London

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by Paul CS » Sun May 17, 2015 10:03 am

"Display off". Brilliant, I'll use that today!

I also find that it's really good for calling people. Just press the command button and say "Call Chris" and 99% of the time it works first time.

Thanks!
M140i MR Shadow Edition. MP springs. Under frame brace.

br0wny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 5099
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by br0wny » Sun May 17, 2015 10:29 am

AW_Dan wrote:When I found out just how many voice controls you could use. I was looking at setting up a shortcut to turn the display off (using the buttons). Found out you just need say 'display off' and it's done. Saved me an extra preset for when I finally get around to sorting them all!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Voice controls don't work on mine is it an option?

My current wow moment is if you boot it 1st to 2nd in manual with MPE you get a loud bang from the exhaust on gear change <3
"MACHIIIIINE" - MG M135i M Perf Exhaust, JB4 all harnesses, Richter Decat, 420bhp/435lbsft, BBS CH-R wheels, H&R springs, GazP splitter and diffuser, carbon spoiler... and I LOVE it!!!

duckson
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by duckson » Sun May 17, 2015 10:36 am

I tried call 'home' on mine and it picks either some random name or someone on my list with the surname 'Holme'! lol
Current - M2 LCI
Gone - M135i LCI

User avatar
AW_Dan
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1516
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by AW_Dan » Sun May 17, 2015 10:40 am

Paul CS wrote:"Display off". Brilliant, I'll use that today!

I also find that it's really good for calling people. Just press the command button and say "Call Chris" and 99% of the time it works first time.

Thanks!
If you download the drivers guide app for your phone it's like having the full handbook for the car on your phone. It has a section on voice commands, I'll never remember all of the things you can use it for


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F20 | M135i | AW | Auto | Adaptive Suspension | Pro Media | HK Audio | Sun Protection | Visibility Pack | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | PDC F&R

MPE | Black Grilles | Splitter | H&R Springs | Carbon Mirror Covers | Dare DR X2 | JB4 | BCS HF DP

User avatar
AW_Dan
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1516
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by AW_Dan » Sun May 17, 2015 10:41 am

br0wny wrote:
AW_Dan wrote:When I found out just how many voice controls you could use. I was looking at setting up a shortcut to turn the display off (using the buttons). Found out you just need say 'display off' and it's done. Saved me an extra preset for when I finally get around to sorting them all!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Voice controls don't work on mine is it an option?

My current wow moment is if you boot it 1st to 2nd in manual with MPE you get a loud bang from the exhaust on gear change <3
I don't know if I'm honest, do you have the button on your steering wheel that looks like somebody speaking? On the right


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F20 | M135i | AW | Auto | Adaptive Suspension | Pro Media | HK Audio | Sun Protection | Visibility Pack | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | PDC F&R

MPE | Black Grilles | Splitter | H&R Springs | Carbon Mirror Covers | Dare DR X2 | JB4 | BCS HF DP

br0wny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 5099
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by br0wny » Sun May 17, 2015 10:42 am

AW_Dan wrote:
br0wny wrote:
AW_Dan wrote:When I found out just how many voice controls you could use. I was looking at setting up a shortcut to turn the display off (using the buttons). Found out you just need say 'display off' and it's done. Saved me an extra preset for when I finally get around to sorting them all!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Voice controls don't work on mine is it an option?

My current wow moment is if you boot it 1st to 2nd in manual with MPE you get a loud bang from the exhaust on gear change <3
I don't know if I'm honest, do you have the button on your steering wheel that looks like somebody speaking? On the right


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dno I'll have a look when I get in :lol:
"MACHIIIIINE" - MG M135i M Perf Exhaust, JB4 all harnesses, Richter Decat, 420bhp/435lbsft, BBS CH-R wheels, H&R springs, GazP splitter and diffuser, carbon spoiler... and I LOVE it!!!

User avatar
AW_Dan
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1516
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by AW_Dan » Sun May 17, 2015 10:45 am

Could be a big wow moment


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F20 | M135i | AW | Auto | Adaptive Suspension | Pro Media | HK Audio | Sun Protection | Visibility Pack | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | PDC F&R

MPE | Black Grilles | Splitter | H&R Springs | Carbon Mirror Covers | Dare DR X2 | JB4 | BCS HF DP

davidv111
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by davidv111 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:52 am

AW_Dan wrote:
Paul CS wrote:"Display off". Brilliant, I'll use that today!

I also find that it's really good for calling people. Just press the command button and say "Call Chris" and 99% of the time it works first time.

Thanks!
If you download the drivers guide app for your phone it's like having the full handbook for the car on your phone. It has a section on voice commands, I'll never remember all of the things you can use it for


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It also knows what options you have. So I don't have adaptive cruise so it doesn't give me the option to read how it works as its not on my car. Very clever
Now: Snapper Rocks Blue 440i Auto; Dynamic & M Sport + packs, digital dash & more

Previous:
Estoril LCI M135i Manual
Thunder grey 2013 MINI JCW GP
Slate grey Porsche Cayman 2.7
Sapphire black E82 120d M Sport

User avatar
Paul CS
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: London

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by Paul CS » Sun May 17, 2015 11:15 am

davidv111 wrote:
AW_Dan wrote:
Paul CS wrote:&quot;Display off&quot;. Brilliant, I'll use that today!

I also find that it's really good for calling people. Just press the command button and say &quot;Call Chris&quot; and 99% of the time it works first time.

Thanks!
If you download the drivers guide app for your phone it's like having the full handbook for the car on your phone. It has a section on voice commands, I'll never remember all of the things you can use it for


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It also knows what options you have. So I don't have adaptive cruise so it doesn't give me the option to read how it works as its not on my car. Very clever
Yes it works it out from your VIN. Very clever.

The drivers guide on the smart phone is essential.
M140i MR Shadow Edition. MP springs. Under frame brace.

User avatar
Fraggle
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1152
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by Fraggle » Sun May 17, 2015 11:40 am

Found something out by total accident the other night, with the 8AT if you stab and release the throttle, even without pressing the kickdown switch, it will change down a gear, so I tried doing it with the qiuckest and smallest throttle input possible and it still changes down 1 gear. It's probably of no use to anyone whatsoever mind you.
Gone: 118i M-Sport Glacier
Gone: M135i AW/Coral

Replaced with: Nowt yet.

br0wny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 5099
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by br0wny » Sun May 17, 2015 12:32 pm

No the button didn't work :bawl:
"MACHIIIIINE" - MG M135i M Perf Exhaust, JB4 all harnesses, Richter Decat, 420bhp/435lbsft, BBS CH-R wheels, H&R springs, GazP splitter and diffuser, carbon spoiler... and I LOVE it!!!

User avatar
Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 10112
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: South East Kent

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by Twenny » Sun May 17, 2015 12:39 pm

br0wny wrote:No the button didn't work :bawl:
You have to push it twice quickly mate.


2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

davidv111
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm
Location: Northampton

Re: WOW, I did not know that...

Post by davidv111 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Another thing. IF like me you don't have voice control. When you have an iPhone connected the button works to activate Siri
Now: Snapper Rocks Blue 440i Auto; Dynamic & M Sport + packs, digital dash & more

Previous:
Estoril LCI M135i Manual
Thunder grey 2013 MINI JCW GP
Slate grey Porsche Cayman 2.7
Sapphire black E82 120d M Sport

Post Reply

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”