Blue caliper paint code?

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Blue caliper paint code?

Post by marco_polo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:12 am

I think WC2Z is an internal Brembo colour only, BMW do not paint them.

If you really want a BMW colour, B05 is very close. Doesn't really matter as they're hidden in the arch behind the wheel, nobody is going to notice if they're half a shade out.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

R99
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by R99 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:44 pm

roberdlv wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:05 am
R99 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:08 pm
I contacted BMW who stated that is is: WC2Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure about it? where have you checked it? I've been looking over that color and nothing appears
I contacted Harry Fairbairn parts department and they e-mailed BMW who came back with the info.

Never tried it as I no longer needed to paint my rear calipers to match - so do so at your own risk.

I very much doubt you will find much info online as its full of misinformation stating it is monte carlo blue etc.
2016 F31 330d M Sport Touring
Individual Pure Blue | Oyster Leather | M3 Mirrors | MP Kidney Grilles | ID6 | Custom Steering Wheel |

roberdlv
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by roberdlv » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Thank you very much friend, I will try a sample of the two colors b05 and the color that you have told me, I hope that one of the two is, if I do not paint b05 :) thanks

roberdlv
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by roberdlv » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:12 am
I think WC2Z is an internal Brembo colour only, BMW do not paint them.

If you really want a BMW colour, B05 is very close. Doesn't really matter as they're hidden in the arch behind the wheel, nobody is going to notice if they're half a shade out.
Today I have been in a place where they are going to sandblast and paint my tweezers, but they say they can not use the code B05 montecarlo because it is car paint code, they will paint the dust and oven 250º so that the resistance is older, what do you recommend? dust and furnace or normal car cabin and car paint? in the first case (dust and oven) they need RAL or Pantone color code, no other code is useful.

roberdlv
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by roberdlv » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Do you think that it is better to paint the powder in the clamps or normally as a car with normal liquid paint in the cabin? I can not get the color code B05 out of the dust because they say it's only a RAL color card, with liquid paint, there's no problem.

roberdlv
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by roberdlv » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to take paint but I still do not know whether it's powder paint or normal car paint (powder paint would be a ral letter and I do not know what color code is the same or more like the original M sport blue pincers) and normal paint would be Monte Carlo B05.

What dou you recommend? How do you do? and how does it come originally?

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:47 pm

roberdlv wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 pm
they will paint the dust and oven 250º so that the resistance is older
Brembo.com wrote:If the caliper undergoes an "oven baked" painting process, the heat may damage the piston seals and jeopardise the performance of the caliper.
http://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/5 ... ers-brembo
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:59 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:47 pm
roberdlv wrote:
Brembo.com wrote:If the caliper undergoes an "oven baked" painting process, the heat may damage the piston seals and jeopardise the performance of the caliper.
Can I buy just the caliper from that site Marco, I want to change my color from the blue to orange and don't want to paint.
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:10 pm

Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:59 pm
Can I buy just the caliper from that site Marco, I want to change my color from the blue to orange and don't want to paint.
I didn't see a retail section on there, but if you've found it, why not? :)

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:23 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:10 pm
Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:59 pm
I didn't see a retail section on there, but if you've found it, why not? :)
Didn't find it, found a place called CARID, that might be able to make a set.

https://www.carid.com/mgp/
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

roberdlv
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by roberdlv » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:43 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:47 pm
roberdlv wrote:
Forgive me, I forgot to say that I am going to disassemble pistons and toric joints to put everything new and "brand new clamps" later.

To sandblast the tweezers if or if I have to remove the dust covers and pistons with toric joints, so the painting process will be even better.

My dilemma is that powder paint is much more professional and durable, but there is no B05 color code, there is only RAL color chart, so I will find a color equal to the original of these clamps? (I do not have the original color in sight and I can not compare because the tweezers I have are gray then ...)

The other possibility I have is to paint with B05 in car painter with car paint, this option is more perfect in color, but less resistant although people do it a lot (before sandblasting to remove paint, disassemble seals and pistons etc.). ...)

What would you do? Is there any equivalence of the original B05 color of the RAL clamp to paint the powder? when you paint how they do? I just want to choose the good option and that the tweezers always last like that ^^

The M logo will be made on vinyl and I think I'll choose white instead of gray, it's more beautiful for me.

Thanks in advance.

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:51 pm

THETYRANT wrote: .
What's your opinion Ian? I seem to recall you DIY repainted your calipers recently?

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm

roberdlv wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:43 pm
Is there any equivalence of the original B05 color of the RAL clamp to paint the powder?
No.

roberdlv
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by roberdlv » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:04 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm
roberdlv wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:43 pm
Is there any equivalence of the original B05 color of the RAL clamp to paint the powder?
No.
Well then I'm lost and I do not know what to do, whether it's powder or car paint.

the first has the advantage of being stronger and more professional, but the disadvantage of not existing anything more than RAL and I do not know which is the right RAL.

The second has the advantage that it is the color code almost exactly that originally and that you can lacquer the logo M in vinyl (in the first one you can not since it would melt, although if it could be lacquered normally later ... but another different process) the disadvantage of being weaker than the first option.

roberdlv
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by roberdlv » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 pm

I am also looking to buy pills a little better than the originals and at a better price.

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”