Baby BMW Forum banner

Lowering & headlight issue!!

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Penfold 
#1 ·
I had h&r springs fitted to my m135i lci the other day and now my headlights seem to be sitting high (also getting flashed my oncoming drivers) is this a common issue? I thought the lights were auto levelling so would adjust thereselves, is there a way to manually adjust?

#6 ·
Having trouble locating the right things to adjust!
The 6mm Allen head socket on the far right and left of the adaptive LED doesn't seem to do much in terms of height.

I need to adjust the lights upwards.

#10 ·
Only just been using mine in the dark after lowering in June and noticed right away the headlights were pointing more 'down' than before, to the point someone travelling behind me is throwing light past my headlights!
Will tweak them up a bit tonight using this info, might test the wife's stock Leon Cupra at a certain distance from a wall and make mine the same/similar.

#11 ·
duckson said:
Only just been using mine in the dark after lowering in June and noticed right away the headlights were pointing more 'down' than before, to the point someone travelling behind me is throwing light past my headlights!
Will tweak them up a bit tonight using this info, might test the wife's stock Leon Cupra at a certain distance from a wall and make mine the same/similar.
Same. It was at night when I was like "why are my lights yellow" and then realised it was the car behind me... while mine were just basically pointed at the ground a few metres in front of the car lol

#12 ·
Tweaked the height - measured the wife's cars light level about 10-12ft from the garage door and replicated.....took about 3 to 3.5 revolutions.
Difference is massive! Went for a drive and didn't get flashed by oncoming drivers so we'll see.....

#13 ·
duckson said:
Tweaked the height - measured the wife's cars light level about 10-12ft from the garage door and replicated.....took about 3 to 3.5 revolutions.
Difference is massive! Went for a drive and didn't get flashed by oncoming drivers so we'll see.....
If you have a friendly MOT station, you can 'borrow' their ramp for 10 mins and a tenner and use their light guide; yes it makes a massive difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#14 ·
tyusaf said:
duckson said:
If you have a friendly MOT station, you can 'borrow' their ramp for 10 mins and a tenner and use their light guide; yes it makes a massive difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep it probably does, think mine are too high now actually and wound them down a touch.

#15 ·
I have recently had my car lowered on the Eibach Pro kit, I've set the headlights again as they were pointing right down.

However I've noticed that they seem to 'hunt' up and down now, don't think they ever did it before. Most noticeable when accelerating on a dark country lane, the lights will go right down to the floor and then back to level again, which obviously isn't ideal!

It's related to the rear end squatting on acceleration, but even lite acceleration will make it do it.

The Eibach kit does sit higher at the back, not sure if this is contributing.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.