Baby BMW Forum banner

Gloss black mirror caps suggestions

4K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Sie 
#1 ·
#4 ·
AutoID UK full replacement covers. Can be supplied in matching body colour, black or as here, carbon fibre. AutoID also have a good YouTube video on how to replace them. £105 the pair in high-quality CF.

It took me about 20 mins to do the first one, then 5 mins to do the second, once I was sure of the process. It will help if you wind the windows down so you can perch the mirror on the sill, rather than have it dangle by the wiring.

I've been very pleased with the quality and I'd support their claim of using quality CF and UV-resistant varish, as no sign of any yellowing in the sunlight etc. Seem very robust. On reflection, I think that plain black or body colour would have look as good. Beats £400 for the BMW version.

#8 ·
MEGAginge said:
Win. Fitment spot on? Paint quality OK under close inspection?
Fitment very good. Not sure if they're painted or if it's the finish of the plastic to be honest, they don't have the depth to the colour as the other gloss black trim on the car does but it's a mirror cap and it's close enough for sure.

Btw - MEGA from e90post? Nice black e92 335 on 313's? Apologies if not :)

#9 ·
msej449 said:
AutoID UK full replacement covers. Can be supplied in matching body colour, black or as here, carbon fibre. AutoID also have a good YouTube video on how to replace them. £105 the pair in high-quality CF.

It took me about 20 mins to do the first one, then 5 mins to do the second, once I was sure of the process. It will help if you wind the windows down so you can perch the mirror on the sill, rather than have it dangle by the wiring.

I've been very pleased with the quality and I'd support their claim of using quality CF and UV-resistant varish, as no sign of any yellowing in the sunlight etc. Seem very robust. On reflection, I think that plain black or body colour would have look as good. Beats £400 for the BMW version.
They do look nice against the EB msej449.

#11 ·
Frg said:
MEGAginge said:
Win. Fitment spot on? Paint quality OK under close inspection?
Fitment very good. Not sure if they're painted or if it's the finish of the plastic to be honest, they don't have the depth to the colour as the other gloss black trim on the car does but it's a mirror cap and it's close enough for sure.

Btw - MEGA from e90post? Nice black e92 335 on 313's? Apologies if not :)
That's me! Still got it. Up for sale in a fortnight :) will snap a few pics of both the cars together before selling :)

#19 ·
Just received my F22 gloss black mirror caps this morning from here:

I was quite shocked to see how badly they were painted.
One cover had at least 5 bits of dirt in the paint, and orange peel effect paint. I've asked for a refund/return.
Just keep an eye out, as one of you guys might end up with these - if they restock them & try to pass them off to another buyer.

#23 ·
Perc said:

One cover had at least 5 bits of dirt in the paint, and orange peel effect paint. I've asked for a refund/return.
Just keep an eye out, as one of you guys might end up with these - if they restock them & try to pass them off to another buyer.
The set I ordered were fine! Obviously a bit hit and miss..

#24 ·
MEGAginge said:
Perc said:

The set I ordered were fine! Obviously a bit hit and miss..
I was a bit worried I'd put you onto a bad one there but I knew mine were ok. As you say, must be hit and miss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.