Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

New Burger Motorsports dealer in UK

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, performance developments

MrVix
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 am

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by MrVix » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Just picked up on this thread, don't know how I missed it!!

Does this mean that the 100mm tips are no longer available? it is just that I wanted to fill the apertures on the rear diffuser. What tip options are available and what is fitted to your EB M135i in the stills above?

Thanks.

StiflersMom
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by StiflersMom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm tempted with this system, any pictures of the newer tips fitted?

Anyone else notice the tips sticking out the rear valance - they were flush at the start of the video, but protruding a fair bit towards the end - perhaps heat expansion of the system?

Jim
Current - M135i 5Dr Auto, Grey, Red Leather, Bum Warmers, Park Assist, BCS Powervalve Exhaust, Black Grills, Eibach Springs/spacers
Daily hack - F10 520D M Sport
Past - E46 M3 CSL, Porsche 996 X50 Turbo, E92 335D

User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 6338
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by sootyvrs » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Just looked back and you are right about the tips... It's almost like they are getting a little over excited! :wink: :oops: :lol: :lol:
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

MrVix
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 am

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by MrVix » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:08 pm

StiflersMom wrote:I'm tempted with this system, any pictures of the newer tips fitted?

Anyone else notice the tips sticking out the rear valance - they were flush at the start of the video, but protruding a fair bit towards the end - perhaps heat expansion of the system?

Jim
Oh good I thought it was just my eyesight :lol:
Last edited by MrVix on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 6338
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by sootyvrs » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:19 pm

MrVix wrote: Oh good I thought it was just my eyesight :lol:

I am getting a little confused with regards this product now, is it made by Milltek? is it ready for customers to purchase? do they sell VMR wheels as stated but nothing about VMR on their websites?!

If any Sedox guys are reading this post, please can we have some clarification, fitted price and pictures of the final evolution of the catback system and a quote please for the VMR 710s as per your EB M135i.

Thanks.
I would just give them a ring rather than wait for them to post on here as I assume he's not always online. Numer is on their website

http://www.performance-bmw.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as I have heard is that they sell VMR wheels although the site is to be updated. I believe the exhaust is made by BMS although I stand corrected if I'm wrong?
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

MrVix
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 am

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by MrVix » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:28 pm

sootyvrs wrote:
MrVix wrote: Oh good I thought it was just my eyesight :lol:

I am getting a little confused with regards this product now, is it made by Milltek? is it ready for customers to purchase? do they sell VMR wheels as stated but nothing about VMR on their websites?!

If any Sedox guys are reading this post, please can we have some clarification, fitted price and pictures of the final evolution of the catback system and a quote please for the VMR 710s as per your EB M135i.

Thanks.
I would just give them a ring rather than wait for them to post on here as I assume he's not always online. Numer is on their website

http://www.performance-bmw.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as I have heard is that they sell VMR wheels although the site is to be updated. I believe the exhaust is made by BMS although I stand corrected if I'm wrong?
Thanks Sootyvrs, I am in Thailand at present so a bit difficult.

Have just received a quote though so I have edited the above.

User avatar
performance developments
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by performance developments » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:16 pm

MrVix wrote:Just picked up on this thread, don't know how I missed it!!

Does this mean that the 100mm tips are no longer available? it is just that I wanted to fill the apertures on the rear diffuser. What tip options are available and what is fitted to your EB M135i in the stills above?

Thanks.

100mm tips are still available, but will be discontinued soon. But don't be disappointed, the new tips we are using have the same effect and still fill the rear valance nicely.
Performance Developments - Sedox ECU remaps - European dealer for JB4 systems - VMR Alloy Wheels - Milltek BCS and Remus exhaust systems - 4wd 2400bhp Dyno Dynamics Rolling road

User avatar
performance developments
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by performance developments » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 pm

It's not an illusion, the exhaust does grow when it gets hotter and its totally normal for thin wall stainless systems do this as the metal expands as it gets hot. This is the reason for the slightly smaller tips..... The 100mm tips do get quite close to the valance as the system grows and although it still has clearance we don't want to run the risk of melted rear valances. The correct fitment of the exhaust is imperative to avoid this and as we can't control how others fit it.

The final look is almost identical, it's only a 5mm gap difference. The system is manufactured by BCS Automotive.
Performance Developments - Sedox ECU remaps - European dealer for JB4 systems - VMR Alloy Wheels - Milltek BCS and Remus exhaust systems - 4wd 2400bhp Dyno Dynamics Rolling road

StiflersMom
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by StiflersMom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Can you fit just the back box or is the whole system needed?

How much is the back box if this is possible?

Thanks,

Jim
Current - M135i 5Dr Auto, Grey, Red Leather, Bum Warmers, Park Assist, BCS Powervalve Exhaust, Black Grills, Eibach Springs/spacers
Daily hack - F10 520D M Sport
Past - E46 M3 CSL, Porsche 996 X50 Turbo, E92 335D

User avatar
performance developments
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by performance developments » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Due to the design of the rear section we can't offer a back box option, the original system is a 2 piece design, a catalytic converter and a catback system, so this is what we offer meaning there's no cutting of the original exhaust and it removes the restrictions that are in-built in the stock exhaust.
Performance Developments - Sedox ECU remaps - European dealer for JB4 systems - VMR Alloy Wheels - Milltek BCS and Remus exhaust systems - 4wd 2400bhp Dyno Dynamics Rolling road

fredo
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 am

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by fredo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Any news regarding EU approval, dynos with JB4 and prices for the whole system?
Thanks!

User avatar
performance developments
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by performance developments » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:50 pm

its on the dyno tomorrow :spotman:
Performance Developments - Sedox ECU remaps - European dealer for JB4 systems - VMR Alloy Wheels - Milltek BCS and Remus exhaust systems - 4wd 2400bhp Dyno Dynamics Rolling road

StiflersMom
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by StiflersMom » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:20 pm

performance developments wrote:its on the dyno tomorrow :spotman:
Woot, woot! Can we have a video clip as well?
Current - M135i 5Dr Auto, Grey, Red Leather, Bum Warmers, Park Assist, BCS Powervalve Exhaust, Black Grills, Eibach Springs/spacers
Daily hack - F10 520D M Sport
Past - E46 M3 CSL, Porsche 996 X50 Turbo, E92 335D

MrVix
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 am

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by MrVix » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:48 am

StiflersMom wrote:
performance developments wrote:its on the dyno tomorrow :spotman:
Woot, woot! Can we have a video clip as well?
Hi Stiflersmom, great movie by the way.

I am having the BCS catback system fitted by PD hopefully next Friday and I will be able to give you another perspective on its performance/look then, I am also going for the 19" VMR 710s as I hate the existing wheels with a passion!!!!

To Performance Developments, can you confirm that fitment of the Catback exhaust does not bring up any warning lights, sorry forgot to bring this up in our conversation yeaterday, thanks.

fredo
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 am

Re: Performance developments / BCS M135i exhaust update

Post by fredo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:52 am

MrVix wrote:
StiflersMom wrote:
performance developments wrote:its on the dyno tomorrow :spotman:
Woot, woot! Can we have a video clip as well?
Hi Stiflersmom, great movie by the way.

I am having the BCS catback system fitted by PD hopefully next Friday and I will be able to give you another perspective on its performance/look then, I am also going for the 19" VMR 710s as I hate the existing wheels with a passion!!!!

To Performance Developments, can you confirm that fitment of the Catback exhaust does not bring up any warning lights, sorry forgot to bring this up in our conversation yeaterday, thanks.
Do you have already or will you have JB4 too??

Post Reply

Return to “Performance Developments Ltd”