Adaptive Lights Splitting on 1 series

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Lambster
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Adaptive Lights Splitting on 1 series

Post by Lambster » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:36 pm

I picked up my M140i last week. After ordering it with Adaptive LED and High-Beam Assist, I discovered that the 1 series doesn't offer the cool light splitting, however the 2 series does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2vmWggpbbM

I was wondering if there's a way to code this behaviour in on the 1 series?
M140i: Man., 3 door, EB, HK, Adaptive Suspension, Adaptive LED w/ HB assist, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Driver Comfort pack, Media Pro, Folding mirrors

Please help the Mods by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

sonnyx
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Adaptive Lights Splitting on 1 series

Post by sonnyx » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:09 pm

I didnt know the 2 series does but knew the 3 series does. No tried and doesnt work with 1 series adaptive
Range Rover Vogue v8 17 Matt black 22" wheels
Red Alfa

AndytheGreek
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by AndytheGreek » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:36 pm

My old 235i did this. Pretty cool following someone down a B road at night with the full beams on, lighting up the trees either side with only a dark patch over the car in front
2017 M2

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:48 pm

I have it on my m240i and I think it's great, does everything for you can't fault it at all. I love my tech :lol:
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

Lehn
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Lehn » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 am

So the only thing High-Beam Assist on a 1-series does is turning the high-beams off when a car approaches you and on again when it has passed you?
'12 F20 120d M Sport | Sport Auto | Pro Nav | Xenon | Lighting Package | Twin Tailpipe | Black Mirror Caps | 18" Bola MSH Matt Black | Launch Control | Digital Speedo

Lambster
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lambster » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:10 am

Lehn wrote:So the only thing High-Beam Assist on a 1-series does is turning the high-beams off when a car approaches you and on again when it has passed you?
Exactly. A bit of a disappointment if I'm honest. Can't see why we didn't get the all singing and dancing version.
M140i: Man., 3 door, EB, HK, Adaptive Suspension, Adaptive LED w/ HB assist, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Driver Comfort pack, Media Pro, Folding mirrors

Please help the Mods by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Lehn
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Lehn » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:31 am

Lambster wrote:
Lehn wrote:So the only thing High-Beam Assist on a 1-series does is turning the high-beams off when a car approaches you and on again when it has passed you?
Exactly. A bit of a disappointment if I'm honest. Can't see why we didn't get the all singing and dancing version.
Jesus Christ... I think I have to consider one more time whether I want to pay €300 or not just to be lazy :roll:
'12 F20 120d M Sport | Sport Auto | Pro Nav | Xenon | Lighting Package | Twin Tailpipe | Black Mirror Caps | 18" Bola MSH Matt Black | Launch Control | Digital Speedo

Return to “Coding/Software”