Idrive 5 upgrade

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Post Reply
Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1669
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Afternoon All,

I know wibbles can code this as he's done coding for me before, but I have the cable and software on my laptop and would like to try and upgrade to Idrive 6 does anyone have any information on how to do this via e-sys a step by step guide would be very helpfully :D
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

User avatar
Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4716
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Tyne & Wear

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Wibbles » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:08 am

Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 pm
Afternoon All,

I know wibbles can code this as he's done coding for me before, but I have the cable and software on my laptop and would like to try and upgrade to Idrive 6 does anyone have any information on how to do this via e-sys a step by step guide would be very helpfully :D
Code: HMI_ID_VERSION > id6_lite
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1669
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:11 am

Wibbles wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:08 am
Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 pm
Afternoon All,

I know wibbles can code this as he's done coding for me before, but I have the cable and software on my laptop and would like to try and upgrade to Idrive 6 does anyone have any information on how to do this via e-sys a step by step guide would be very helpfully :D
Code: HMI_ID_VERSION > id6_lite
Cheers Wibbles,

I think I am going to hold out on it, I'm going to look for a Pro Nav screen and update my bus NAV screen after x mass. So might come back to you to do a little more coding for me remotely.
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

User avatar
Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4716
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Tyne & Wear

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Wibbles » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:26 am

that won't work on business nav - you need to have iD5 to begin with.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1669
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:55 am

Wibbles wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:26 am
that won't work on business nav - you need to have iD5 to begin with.
I have ID5 already my cars a 2016 (oct) m240I, what I am wanting to do is upgrade the screen to a bigger one, then code in ID6 is that possible?
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

User avatar
Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4716
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Tyne & Wear

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Wibbles » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:55 am
Wibbles wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:26 am
that won't work on business nav - you need to have iD5 to begin with.
I have ID5 already my cars a 2016 (oct) m240I, what I am wanting to do is upgrade the screen to a bigger one, then code in ID6 is that possible?
Ah, i see - so you want the 10.5" screen? It's possible.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1669
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Wibbles wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:31 pm
Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:55 am
Wibbles wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:26 am
that won't work on business nav - you need to have iD5 to begin with.
I have ID5 already my cars a 2016 (oct) m240I, what I am wanting to do is upgrade the screen to a bigger one, then code in ID6 is that possible?
Ah, i see - so you want the 10.5" screen? It's possible.
Yes, I like the layout of the bigger screen, the menus and stuff. I really should have just spec'd it from the factory I will no for the next time around.
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

Matthaus
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Matthaus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:48 pm

Sorry to high jack but I am looking to do the same - I have a March 2017 car with Pro Nav and ID5 That I would like to change to ID6

I know I need the bimmer code app (which I think exists on Android) What do I need to connect to the car?

I had a quick google, is this all I need?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-Scanner- ... B01CG0XWDI
BMW 135i Coupe - Sold
BMW M240i Coupe - Finally arrived!

User avatar
timbo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:49 am

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by timbo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Matthaus wrote:Sorry to high jack but I am looking to do the same - I have a March 2017 car with Pro Nav and ID5 That I would like to change to ID6

I know I need the bimmer code app (which I think exists on Android) What do I need to connect to the car?

I had a quick google, is this all I need?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-Scanner- ... B01CG0XWDI
Yes that's it, and pay to activate the app of course.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5dr AW LCI Coral Leather Pro Nav Adaptive Auto

stevei
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:44 pm
Location: Tyne & Wear

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by stevei » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:37 pm

How do you find out what version of idrive you have?
Alpine White 2015 F21 116i Sport Nav Gloss black 379s

Matthaus
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Idrive 5 upgrade

Post by Matthaus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:28 pm

timbo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:12 pm
Matthaus wrote:Sorry to high jack but I am looking to do the same - I have a March 2017 car with Pro Nav and ID5 That I would like to change to ID6

I know I need the bimmer code app (which I think exists on Android) What do I need to connect to the car?

I had a quick google, is this all I need?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-Scanner- ... B01CG0XWDI
Yes that's it, and pay to activate the app of course.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I have the app and the dongle, seems Android doesnt have expert mode?! :?
BMW 135i Coupe - Sold
BMW M240i Coupe - Finally arrived!

Post Reply

Return to “Coding/Software”