Baby BMW Forum banner

F20 & Carly - Parameters - Coolant Temperature

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BFleming 
#1 ·
Further to my recent thread re coolant temperatures, I hooked up my Carly this afternoon, started the car & got connected etc.
Using Carly I went into Parameters, and there you get a list of all the possible parameters. I was expecting to see a simple one that said 'Coolant Temperature', but no, that would be too simple. There are ones that say '98C<temperature of coolant<112C', or 'Coolant temperature<98C'. The main issue here is that both are expressed as percentages, not degrees. There's one called 'Motor Temperature' which stays blank. Oil Temperature is there, nice and simple, expressed as degrees C. Also a simple one called Coolant', expressed in degrees C, but stays blank (unreadable?).
Any ideas, before I drag out my ancient yet efficient OBD2 reader?!

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Did you find out the reason for this ? I use Carly as well and it is confusing me

Mod edit: removed mis-formatted quote tags so the question is visible.
What year/spec is your F20? You have a sig which is great, but that suggests you should be on a VAG forum :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.