Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

josedebardi
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Coding Owners Map

Post by josedebardi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:35 am

Hi,

I have created a Google Map with pins representing owners of coding software/hardware (Esys/Carly/Bimmercode) who are willing to help other forum members.

BMW Coding Owners Map

There are multiple layers on the Map so you can filter by the type of coding software available. The main one of note is 'Esys Remote' - these users have Esys and are willing to work with you over the internet (taking control of your computer) to code your car, advantage being location is not important!

If you have the ability to code and are willing to help other members for free/beer tokens then please drop me a PM with what you software you have along with where you want your pin dropped (random location in your home town) and I'll add you to the map.

It goes without saying that coding your car is always at your own risk. Please only ask to be added to the map if you are confident in your abilities.
Also, this is not a way to make a quick buck, it's a service for the community. To that end, anyone found to be running a full blown coding business for significant sums of cash changing hands will be removed from the map (forum sponsors excluded).

If there are a couple of long time members/mods that would like to help manage this please PM me with your gmail address and I'll give you admin rights to the map.

I guess pinning this post would also be good!
Last edited by josedebardi on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
M240i Cab Auto - Minrl Gry, Coral Lthr
Packs: 'vert Cmfrt, Drvr Cmfrt, Innovation, Vis
Opts: Hrmn Krdn, Elec/Mem Sts w/ Lmbr supp, Splt-fld sts, Adptv MSprt sus', CarPlay, Cmfrt Acc, Prk Ass, Rev cmra
Mods: 2Res Del, MP Exht/Crbn Splr/Spltr/Crbn Intr/Dfsr

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Esys/Carly/Bimmercode Owners Map

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:40 am

josedebardi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:35 am
Hi,

I have created a Google Map with pins representing owners of coding software/hardware who are willing to help other forum members.

BabyBMW Coding Owners Map

There are multiple layers on the Map so you can filter by the type of coding software available. The main one of note is 'Esys Remote' - these users have Esys and are willing to work with you over the internet (taking control of your computer) to code your car, advantage being location is not important!

If you have the ability to code and are willing to help other members for free/beer tokens then please drop me a PM with what you software you have along with where you want your pin dropped and I'll add you to the map.

It goes without saying that coding your car is always at your own risk. Please only ask to be added to the map if you are confident in your abilities.
Also, this is not a way to make a quick buck, it's a service for the community. To that end, anyone found to be running a full blown coding business for significant sums of cash changing hands will be removed from the map.

If there are a couple of long time members/mods that would like to help manage this please PM me with your gmail address and I'll give you admin rights to the map.

Do you really want to give away your location, I've just taken a look at the map in question and it appears to be your address. You might wake up to a missing car one morning with the way things have been going and reports on the form.
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

josedebardi
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by josedebardi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 am

Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:40 am
josedebardi wrote:
Hi,

I have created a Google Map with pins representing owners of coding software/hardware who are willing to help other forum members.

If you have the ability to code and are willing to help other members for free/beer tokens then please drop me a PM with what you software you have along with where you want your pin dropped and I'll add you to the map.

Also, this is not a way to make a quick buck, it's a service for the community. To that end, anyone found to be running a full blown coding business for significant sums of cash changing hands will be removed from the map.

Do you really want to give away your location, I've just taken a look at the map in question and it appears to be your address. You might wake up to a missing car one morning with the way things have been going and reports on the form.
It's not my address, it's a random location in my home town!
Opts: Hrmn Krdn, Elec/Mem Sts w/ Lmbr supp, Splt-fld sts, Adptv MSprt sus', CarPlay, Cmfrt Acc, Prk Ass, Rev cmra

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:43 am

josedebardi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 am
Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:40 am
josedebardi wrote:
Hi,

It's not my address, it's a random location in my home town!
On the ball then :lol:
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

Jonhoe
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Coding Owners Map

Post by Jonhoe » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Just logged on to say what a fab community it is on here!

Sadly I sold my M135i a year ago though always check up on here as I miss the motor. Love seeing such ideas as this... Good work to everyone who gets involved.
M135i, EB, auto + toys

Jamesno1
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jamesno1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 pm

That's a great idea, somebody near me too which is a bonus :-)
M135i

JacksonGee
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by JacksonGee » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Do you need to know what you’re doing with BimmerCode? I’ve bought the app / adapter and it was a piece of cake to use, can’t really see where to go wrong.

There was one quirk come to think of it, when I changed some dash settings the time was reset and it took a bit of a random fiddling in the car’s menus to get the time to update on the dashboard.
2014 M135i Manual

josedebardi
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by josedebardi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:33 pm

JacksonGee wrote:Do you need to know what you’re doing with BimmerCode? I’ve bought the app / adapter and it was a piece of cake to use, can’t really see where to go wrong.

There was one quirk come to think of it, when I changed some dash settings the time was reset and it took a bit of a random fiddling in the car’s menus to get the time to update on the dashboard.
As you say, using Bimmercode in ‘simple mode’ is pretty foolproof.
It’s advanced mode is more like E-Sys and requires some knowhow.
There are various things Bimmercode cannot do in simple mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacksonGee
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by JacksonGee » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Would coding in simple mode be beneficial/worth adding myself to the map?
2014 M135i Manual

josedebardi
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by josedebardi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:49 pm

JacksonGee wrote:Would coding in simple mode be beneficial/worth adding myself to the map?
Sure, as long as you know your own limits. It’s a community service, people aren’t expecting to contact BMW Technicians Image

JacksonGee
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by JacksonGee » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:12 am

Ok I’ll get myself added. As long as there are only a few takers I’m happy to help.
2014 M135i Manual

RDowson
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by RDowson » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am

Thanks for adding me to the map.

As well as Esys and BimmerCode, I can also do remote esys coding and Carly coding.
M140i Shadow Edition - Sunset Orange - M Performance Exhaust - Front Silencer Delete - Bimecc Spacers - Bluespark - Motech Eibach Springs - M Performance Bump Stops - Powerflex Subframe Inserts - Underbelly Brace - Pipercross Filter

josedebardi
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by josedebardi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am

RDowson wrote:Thanks for adding me to the map.

As well as Esys and BimmerCode, I can also do remote esys coding and Carly coding.
Move to E-Sys remote and added Carly Image
Thanks!

RDowson
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by RDowson » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 am

josedebardi wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am
RDowson wrote:Thanks for adding me to the map.

Move to E-Sys remote and added Carly Image
Thanks!

Cheers. I can also do standard Esys in person if I can stay in that catagory too?
M140i Shadow Edition - Sunset Orange - M Performance Exhaust - Front Silencer Delete - Bimecc Spacers - Bluespark - Motech Eibach Springs - M Performance Bump Stops - Powerflex Subframe Inserts - Underbelly Brace - Pipercross Filter

josedebardi
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by josedebardi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:47 am

I figure it goes without saying that you can do it locally as well.

Trying to limit too much management/replication across categories.

EDIT: Renamed category so it's clear to "E-Sys (Including Remote)"

Return to “Coding/Software”