Coding for apps in motion in Australia

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196

d0ctorj3kyll

Coding for apps in motion in Australia

Post by d0ctorj3kyll » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi all

Recently taken delivery of my M140i, loving every minute :)

I had a few upgrades put on the car along with coding after purchase, and have just started playing with all the ConnectedDrive features properly. I want to get the BMW Audio Player app working so I can effectively search through my music collection in iDrive without having to dig through folder trees and access what I want manually.

Unfortunately I am in Australia and my car is coded to Australian Design Rules, so all BMW apps are disabled while the car is moving. Audio Player is greyed out in iDrive until the car is stopped with the handbrake on (manual transmission). Once stopped and with the handbrake engaged it reactivates.

I've had all the other speedlocks disabled (video in motion, services in motion, text messages etc. all work fine), it is only the apps which won't work. I'm hoping someone has found a solution so I don't have to go back to carrying two devices in the car, phone for calls via bluetooth and old iPod connected by USB for music.

There has been a lot of talk on various forums about getting Spotify to work but I haven't found mention of the BMW Audio Player app so I wondered if there was any difference in how they are coded? My research tells me that so far using Esys/Carly/Bimmercode doesn't work for changing this app lock and apparently you need to modify an XML file on the HU hard drive to enable apps is motion.

Has anyone had any further luck with this? Being a UK-based forum and having apps in motion on UK-spec cars I guess it wouldn't be such a priority for British/European coders, but maybe someone has stumbled across a fix or knows how to access this XML file without tearing the car to shreds!

Thanks very much for any help you can offer!
Alex

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Coding for apps in motion in Australia

Post by Wibbles » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:27 pm

d0ctorj3kyll wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:00 pm
Hi all

Recently taken delivery of my M140i, loving every minute :)

I had a few upgrades put on the car along with coding after purchase, and have just started playing with all the ConnectedDrive features properly. I want to get the BMW Audio Player app working so I can effectively search through my music collection in iDrive without having to dig through folder trees and access what I want manually.

Unfortunately I am in Australia and my car is coded to Australian Design Rules, so all BMW apps are disabled while the car is moving. Audio Player is greyed out in iDrive until the car is stopped with the handbrake on (manual transmission). Once stopped and with the handbrake engaged it reactivates.

I've had all the other speedlocks disabled (video in motion, services in motion, text messages etc. all work fine), it is only the apps which won't work. I'm hoping someone has found a solution so I don't have to go back to carrying two devices in the car, phone for calls via bluetooth and old iPod connected by USB for music.

There has been a lot of talk on various forums about getting Spotify to work but I haven't found mention of the BMW Audio Player app so I wondered if there was any difference in how they are coded? My research tells me that so far using Esys/Carly/Bimmercode doesn't work for changing this app lock and apparently you need to modify an XML file on the HU hard drive to enable apps is motion.

Has anyone had any further luck with this? Being a UK-based forum and having apps in motion on UK-spec cars I guess it wouldn't be such a priority for British/European coders, but maybe someone has stumbled across a fix or knows how to access this XML file without tearing the car to shreds!

Thanks very much for any help you can offer!
Alex

I'm currently looking into this issue but I don't know if it's going to be possible as there isn't access to the NBT EVO via SSH/Telnet to access the file for this speedlock as it was on older CIC units. One solution would be to flash the headunit with EU firmware but I'm not going to risk bricking a unit for that.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Emufriedchicken

Post by Emufriedchicken » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:34 am

Not wanting to hijack the thread but have just bought a 225i Active Tourer here in Australia and want to unleash the full capabilities of what is available to me via coding. Let me know if you need models or numbers off the car to see what options i have they may be of assistance to anyone telling me what can be done. Would also like to find out if my car can have idrive 6 lite enabled or not? Thanks in advance for any help from this community!

Cheers from Oz

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Emufriedchicken wrote:Not wanting to hijack the thread but have just bought a 225i Active Tourer here in Australia and want to unleash the full capabilities of what is available to me via coding. Let me know if you need models or numbers off the car to see what options i have they may be of assistance to anyone telling me what can be done. Would also like to find out if my car can have idrive 6 lite enabled or not? Thanks in advance for any help from this community!

Cheers from Oz
If you want remote coding drop me a PM. Did another Aussie car a few weeks back.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Return to “Coding/Software”