Launch control pre 2014 cars

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Sc19932018

Launch control pre 2014 cars

Post by Sc19932018 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:33 pm

I am looking to buy an m135i early 2013. I am aware this model
Didnt have the launch control software however I have been told I can get it coded in and it will also come up on the black panel display as "launch control active"

We're there any hardware changes in 2014 or was it strictly software?

Thanks in advance

ReGenesis
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Launch control pre 2014 cars

Post by ReGenesis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:59 pm

Its on mine and not been coded.
Needs to be activated through gearbox/mode
F21 135i pre-lci, AW, 3dr, CR, HK and an ever increasing toy list :D
For sale - pm me for more detail!

bart67

Re: Launch control pre 2014 cars

Post by bart67 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Sc19932018 wrote:I am looking to buy an m135i early 2013. I am aware this model
Didnt have the launch control software however I have been told I can get it coded in and it will also come up on the black panel display as "launch control active"

We're there any hardware changes in 2014 or was it strictly software?

Thanks in advance
Software only as far as I know, but please don't pay any notice to launch control. It's a waste of time, no difference to just booting it normally.

Total fad and i would guess that most people that have it would be the same as me, tried it once or twice and never thought of it again.. Don't let the lack of it put you off a potential purchase.

Also, lot's of mixed messages where some people have had warranty claims turned down by BM for drivetrain issues if LC has been used too many times. Each use of LC is stored in the ECU and BM can check. If they deem over use, they will refuse warranty claims. What too many is, I have no idea. I expect if it's been used too many times in quick succession as BM can't refuse on the basis of using LC as it's in the manual on how to use it, so it's a feature of the car. But, beware..!

Don't forget it's not a proper launch control as you would get on a dual clutch setup where it's LC just dumps the clutch. On ours all LC does is hold the torque until you release the brake.

My view anyway. I'll await the backlash from someone who uses LC on a regular basis and loves it...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Return to “Coding/Software”