E87 coding with ncs, couple of queries

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

jag

E87 coding with ncs, couple of queries

Post by jag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi all, looking for some help with a couple of coding options.

I’ve coded a fair few bits onto my e87 lci already but am looking for a few other codes (if possible)

1 can the passenger mirror be coded to tilt down in reverse? Reading through some threads I think I need folding mirrors and/or electric seats? I have neither.
What is the code that needs changing and where would I find it?

2 heated seats values - I’m sure on my F01 I could increase the intensity of the heated seats. Can this be done on the e series?

3 Bluetooth telephone (mulf) volume - is the a way to lower the ringing volume compared to the calling volume or Indeed increase the gain of the call volume? Currently need the talking volume quite loud to have a conversation but when someone calls, the ring volume is unnecessarily loud

4 professional head unit - is there any merit in removing the eq by coding this as hifi whilst retaining the stock speakers? How would I do it?

Thanks in advance

bjt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: E87 coding with ncs, couple of queries

Post by bjt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:10 am

You're right, tilt on reverse requires folding mirrors or electric seats + 3 pin mirrors. Not possible via coding alone.

Seats - dunno but mine are too hot to leave on full as it is?

BT ring volume - there are a lot if coding options in the mulf/HU for this, dare say one would allow you to control ring/voice volume. Not well documented so a bit of trial and error/research required.

Hifi - would require an amp with balanced inputs otherwise speakers will be way too quiet. Need to amp both front and rear channels otherwise rear PDC beep will be too quiet.
E87 130i M Sport, now with added doors!
E81 130i M Sport aka the Pocket Rocket - Fell victim to the Monday morning commute

jag

Post by jag » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks bjt:

"You're right, tilt on reverse requires folding mirrors or electric seats + 3 pin mirrors. Not possible via coding alone."
- DAMN

"Seats - dunno but mine are too hot to leave on full as it is?"
-not for me, i hardly use them, but the wife gets cold..."

"BT ring volume - there are a lot if coding options in the mulf/HU for this, dare say one would allow you to control ring/voice volume. Not well documented so a bit of trial and error/research required."
- can anyone help with where these parameters might be?

"Hifi - would require an amp with balanced inputs otherwise speakers will be way too quiet. Need to amp both front and rear channels otherwise rear PDC beep will be too quiet."
- so worth touching yet unless i plan to upgrade the equipment with amplifiers.

bjt
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by bjt » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 am

I think you would be the first to investigate those volume options fully. You will need an ICOM to code the mulf & HU as the cheaper USB ODB cables don't work for those.
E87 130i M Sport, now with added doors!
E81 130i M Sport aka the Pocket Rocket - Fell victim to the Monday morning commute

Return to “Coding/Software”