Folding mirrors - Coding Issue?

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

mickcrich

Folding mirrors - Coding Issue?

Post by mickcrich » Wed May 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi, Hope someone can help / advise.

I’m summarising from a previous post in the F20……F23 General Discussion section as think it may be a coding issue

I have recently collected a 17 plate M240i as a replacement for my 125i. The 240 has folding mirrors. The mirrors operate fine from the driver’s door and unfold at about 30mph if folded when starting off. However I cannot get them to fold by holding the lock button which I had thought was a standard feature. Has this possibly been coded out?

I have been told that Auto fold on (hold) lock is an idrive setting in some cars and that others have the option top fold mirrors on lock but my car has neither option in iDrive.

Also someone with a 2015 LCI model has the function but no settings in iDrive and no way to turn it off.

I don't have any options in idrive for the mirrors, so I thought maybe its been coded out? Or there is some other option I’m missing.
I've got bimmercode but the standard options in FEM_01 for folding when locking or unlocking don't do anything. Any ideas where to look? I suspect their might be an option in HU_NBT for a tick box but I'm really new to this so not sure what to do next.

I've contacted the Dealer today (BMW Park Lane) hopefully they will be able to help but I’m not holding my breath as I suspect they with only tell me to contact the service dept!

Hoping somebody with greater knowledge of coding and available options can help
Thanks,
Michael

Tubes
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Folding mirrors - Coding Issue?

Post by Tubes » Mon May 14, 2018 9:18 am

You need to code the following:

- Comfort opening with Key Fob.
- Unfold mirrors when unlocking vehicle with comfort closing.
- Comfort closing with key fob
- Comfort closing with comfort access
- Fold mirrors when locking vehicle with comfort closing.

All sat in FEM under Bimmercode regular mode.

JonD
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by JonD » Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 am

You also need to change the delay to 0 seconds

Aero1971

Post by Aero1971 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:51 am

One small point to add; I believe thisa is not possible on a convertible unless the car has keyless aceess (it's a strange safety thing and to do with a seperate box controlling the mirrors on the 2 convertibles). I have the saem headache on my M235i convertable and Park Lane who supplied the car could not sort this for me, the issue is confirmed by our resident tech God Wibbles.

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Wibbles » Fri May 18, 2018 3:53 pm

yep, if it's aVert then comfort Access is required, if a coupe then it should be possible.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Return to “Coding/Software”