M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

User avatar
Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Tyne & Wear

Re: RE: Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by Wibbles » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:07 am

platinum70 wrote:
Wibbles wrote:Are you using the TokenMaster solution?
Not sure what you mean by that? I followed the instructions on this thread and it opens as per the guide KR15 posted. I did the token generator and entered a PIN. I have managed to change a few things but was surprised to see engine as Unknown. No B58 listed. Plenty of others though including B48
When you launch esys do you double click the blue or blue & red icon? It's the latter that needs to be launched.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

platinum70
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 12:05 am

Re: RE: Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by platinum70 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:30 am

Wibbles wrote:
platinum70 wrote:
Wibbles wrote:Are you using the TokenMaster solution?
Not sure what you mean by that? I followed the instructions on this thread and it opens as per the guide KR15 posted. I did the token generator and entered a PIN. I have managed to change a few things but was surprised to see engine as Unknown. No B58 listed. Plenty of others though including B48
When you launch esys do you double click the blue or blue & red icon? It's the latter that needs to be launched.
Blue & red one for sure. Just seems odd that the engine is listed as 'unknown' unless its the same on other 140/240's. There seems a lot of coding options including one that says 'Apple Enhancements' or something like that. No explanation I can find as to what it does.

Managed to get M Performance on start up screen and tyre temperatures in vehicle info. Anything else that is worthwhile?
MG M140i, auto, 5dr, pro nav, all packs, big smiles.....

User avatar
Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Tyne & Wear

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by Wibbles » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:32 am

platinum70 wrote:
Wibbles wrote:
platinum70 wrote:
Not sure what you mean by that? I followed the instructions on this thread and it opens as per the guide KR15 posted. I did the token generator and entered a PIN. I have managed to change a few things but was surprised to see engine as Unknown. No B58 listed. Plenty of others though including B48
When you launch esys do you double click the blue or blue & red icon? It's the latter that needs to be launched.
Blue & red one for sure. Just seems odd that the engine is listed as 'unknown' unless its the same on other 140/240's. There seems a lot of coding options including one that says 'Apple Enhancements' or something like that. No explanation I can find as to what it does.

Managed to get M Performance on start up screen and tyre temperatures in vehicle info. Anything else that is worthwhile?
I'd need to remote in and look for myself.

I offer a coding service. If you want list of options email me at: enquiries@brdiagnostics.co.uk

Thanks
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

platinum70
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 12:05 am

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by platinum70 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Wibbles wrote:
platinum70 wrote:
Wibbles wrote: When you launch esys do you double click the blue or blue & red icon? It's the latter that needs to be launched.
Blue & red one for sure. Just seems odd that the engine is listed as 'unknown' unless its the same on other 140/240's. There seems a lot of coding options including one that says 'Apple Enhancements' or something like that. No explanation I can find as to what it does.

Managed to get M Performance on start up screen and tyre temperatures in vehicle info. Anything else that is worthwhile?
I'd need to remote in and look for myself.

I offer a coding service. If you want list of options email me at: enquiries@brdiagnostics.co.uk

Thanks
Much appreciated Wibbles. I may well take you up on it.....
MG M140i, auto, 5dr, pro nav, all packs, big smiles.....

KR15
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1443
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 am
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by KR15 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 am

platinum70 wrote:
Wibbles wrote:Are you using the TokenMaster solution?
Not sure what you mean by that? I followed the instructions on this thread and it opens as per the guide KR15 posted. I did the token generator and entered a PIN. I have managed to change a few things but was surprised to see engine as Unknown. No B58 listed. Plenty of others though including B48
It is the TokenMaster solution.

Mine also displayed the engine as unknown. Maybe eSys hasn't been updated to add the B58 in? It doesn't really matter as it works regardless of what it's called.

I keep meaning that I dig my cable back out and have a go at a few other things.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - BMW M140i, BCS Powervalve Cat Back :twisted:
Prev - Focus ST-3 Mk3.5 :D

User avatar
Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Tyne & Wear

Re: RE: Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by Wibbles » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:13 pm

KR15 wrote:
platinum70 wrote:
Wibbles wrote:Are you using the TokenMaster solution?
Not sure what you mean by that? I followed the instructions on this thread and it opens as per the guide KR15 posted. I did the token generator and entered a PIN. I have managed to change a few things but was surprised to see engine as Unknown. No B58 listed. Plenty of others though including B48
It is the TokenMaster solution.

Mine also displayed the engine as unknown. Maybe eSys hasn't been updated to add the B58 in? It doesn't really matter as it works regardless of what it's called.

I keep meaning that I dig my cable back out and have a go at a few other things.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You probably need the latest data files.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

User avatar
Liamkirkham
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:30 am

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by Liamkirkham » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi guys, so, admittedly I've never tried coding before but I bought myself a cable and had a crack at doing this, following this excellent guide.

I followed it all to the letter and all went as planned. Then I got in the car, drove till warm -> sport mode, floored it and...... I couldn't really tell any difference. I had put the value up to TL werte 5.

Anyone else the same? Have I done it right?
Was trying to avoid an expensive exhaust mod!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MG 5dr Auto M140i, adaptive M chassis, Harmon Kardon, privacy glass, pro media pack, driver comfort pack, heated seats, model deletion

dannyvdberg
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by dannyvdberg » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:07 pm

I have changed the power class to the most powerfull one and I really notice a big different!

Thank you for the tip! :D
BMW M2 F87 2017

KR15
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1443
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 am
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: RE: Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by KR15 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Liamkirkham wrote:Hi guys, so, admittedly I've never tried coding before but I bought myself a cable and had a crack at doing this, following this excellent guide.

I followed it all to the letter and all went as planned. Then I got in the car, drove till warm -> sport mode, floored it and...... I couldn't really tell any difference. I had put the value up to TL werte 5.

Anyone else the same? Have I done it right?
Was trying to avoid an expensive exhaust mod!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It definitely makes a difference between each setting (although isn't really a replacement for an aftermarket exhaust).

Might be worth going back in to check the settings saved correctly?
Current - BMW M140i, BCS Powervalve Cat Back :twisted:
Prev - Focus ST-3 Mk3.5 :D

jassi
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by jassi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Anyone recently tried this in the m140i - still the best way to increase ASD sound, and do all the links in guide still work? Or have people moved onto bimmercode, etc now?
Aussie M140i 5 door - no mods yet, warranty friendly
Aussie NZ M135i/M140i/M235i/M240i Owners Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/248993522276877/

OneTwenty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm

jassi wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 pm
Anyone recently tried this in the m140i - still the best way to increase ASD sound, and do all the links in guide still work? Or have people moved onto bimmercode, etc now?
I used Bimmercode to do mine, can't say I noticed any huge difference between what it was std (03) and when you move it to TL05. I currently have it on SL04 and it sounds good, but certainly not vastly louder than it was before.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

wenklaw
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by wenklaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:09 pm

OneTwenty wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm
jassi wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 pm
Anyone recently tried this in the m140i - still the best way to increase ASD sound, and do all the links in guide still work? Or have people moved onto bimmercode, etc now?
I used Bimmercode to do mine, can't say I noticed any huge difference between what it was std (03) and when you move it to TL05. I currently have it on SL04 and it sounds good, but certainly not vastly louder than it was before.
I agree, I coded my M135i and it made hardly if any increase, part of me thinks its the placebo effect if I am honest. The only setting that did increase the volume and sound by 1000000% was one that was selecting all the wrong settings, wrong HiFi, wrong engine etc etc etc. I did post the settings but it only seems to work sometimes and when it does you get the ECU programming failed message on bimmercode, it was sooooo loud though, no way you could live with it, the dash rattled and the drone was enough to drive you bonkers

jassi
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by jassi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:27 pm

^^ this is the thing with bimmercode - it seems like a much simpler process, however generates errors when it comes to ASD (as per reports on various threads here) and may or may not work. On the other hand esys seems more complicated to setup and as a process, however largely error free when it comes to ASD and works. Is this an accurate assumption?
Also I'm trying to save on or atleast delay mpe, however seems like it's a mixed bag on how effective people feel turning up ASD volume to 4 or 5 is! No harm giving it a go I guess, just need to decide bimmercode vs esys :-)
Aussie M140i 5 door - no mods yet, warranty friendly
Aussie NZ M135i/M140i/M235i/M240i Owners Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/248993522276877/

OneTwenty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:46 pm

jassi wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:27 pm
^^ this is the thing with bimmercode - it seems like a much simpler process, however generates errors when it comes to ASD (as per reports on various threads here) and may or may not work. On the other hand esys seems more complicated to setup and as a process, however largely error free when it comes to ASD and works. Is this an accurate assumption?
Also I'm trying to save on or atleast delay mpe, however seems like it's a mixed bag on how effective people feel turning up ASD volume to 4 or 5 is! No harm giving it a go I guess, just need to decide bimmercode vs esys :-)
I coded loads of things with Bimmercode and the only error I got was when I messed with the ASD settings and changed engine and audio level etc, which I knew could screw things up. It did, but sorted itself out after an hour or so and was put back to normal easily enough.
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

jassi
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: M140i Active Sound Coded - Updated with Guide

Post by jassi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:34 am

So if ASD is the only thing I want to code :roll: , bimmercode is the wrong app to do it. Is Carly any better or the recommendation is esys method in this thread.
Aussie M140i 5 door - no mods yet, warranty friendly
Aussie NZ M135i/M140i/M235i/M240i Owners Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/248993522276877/

Post Reply

Return to “Coding/Software”