Baby BMW Forum banner

A rival for Carly? Bimmercode

137K views 730 replies 147 participants last post by  ninja_geezer 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Tried this today. Absolutely brilliant.
I was using my laptop and the cable with esys before which could be awkward and I'd have to make sure there's enough charge in the laptop. With the app it's easy to just do it as and when I like. Really easy to use, loads of user friendly options and then expert mode for anything not in the user friendly list. Well worth it imo

#6 ·
I downloaded it and had a dig. There is an expert mode which appears to give you a lot more options, which I think I have read Carly can't do. Can you tell I'm bored?! Wish there was this sort of thing for the Merc!!

#8 ·
I tried this out today and coded the ASD up a notch to 4 and also coded auto stop start to Off by default. It worked a treat but I had a scary moment when the engine switched off after coding the stop start and a stability control message was displayed on the idrive screen. Ignition off and back on again and everything was back to normal fortunately. For coding novices this seems a great app.

#13 ·
Tubes said:
Does the 'Expert Mode' give you all the options on that you would normally find on Esys? or is it still limited to an extent? The app seems to be missing a lot of basic coding features.
Expert mode seems to give a lot of the detailed options codable via ESYS for the ECUs listed. If you download the app you can run it in demo mode for free to see the options and then decide if you want to buy via the in app purchase.

#15 ·
Bought the adapter and app, really easy to use and very quick results.

A couple of uploads failed which was worrying initially, but trying again sorted it. The app also saves a backup of your original and previous codes incase you want to revert.

Only problem i have is that the instrument cluster ecu doesn't show?

#16 ·
jonsteele said:
Will this only work with the Vgate adapter? I've an Innovate wifi adapter that I'd like to reuse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thinkso. I've got a cheap obd 2 dongle and the carly gen2 one and neither work.
I've had a look in the demo mode and think I've found the enhance Bluetooth option. My vgate dongle came today so if it connects I'll pay for the app and try it :)

#17 ·
So tried the vgate and it connected fine. App works great too. I tried enhanced Bluetooth in pro mode under option two_phones_parallel but activating it didn't allow me to connect 2 phones at once so not sure on that. I did have a bum clench moment when I coded some lighting functions and it said lighting failure then the car cut out! Ignition off then on again and it works ok. Thank god.

#18 ·
So I had a play and I have enabled the enhanced Bluetooth. This alone makes the app worth every penny, where I was going wrong was you need to go into connections then press the options button on the idrive controller then enable phone 2 and connect the second phone. To say I'm pleased with myself is an understatement. A £350 option for £50,happy days :)
Just had another play and enabled the temperature display. I don't think this will work from reading another coding post though.

#19 ·
mctga said:
Tubes said:
Does the 'Expert Mode' give you all the options on that you would normally find on Esys? or is it still limited to an extent? The app seems to be missing a lot of basic coding features.
Expert mode seems to give a lot of the detailed options codable via ESYS for the ECUs listed. If you download the app you can run it in demo mode for free to see the options and then decide if you want to buy via the in app purchase.
On face value (and not that I know a great deal about it) there seems to be missing options from the app as opposed to Esys.

#20 ·
Plantjuk said:
So I had a play and I have enabled the enhanced Bluetooth. This alone makes the app worth every penny, where I was going wrong was you need to go into connections then press the options button on the idrive controller then enable phone 2 and connect the second phone. To say I'm pleased with myself is an understatement. A £350 option for £50,happy days :)
Just had another play and enabled the temperature display. I don't think this will work from reading another coding post though.
Be interested to hear the results of this, as I want it on my 140 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Plantjuk said:
Hi Plant!

Yeah i had the same lighting message but it does go away (phew)! Apparently it is just something that happens when messing with the FEM?

Can I ask where the option for enhaced BT is? Is it in the expert area? Coded everything else I wanted except that :)

#25 ·
Thanks Jonm. Does this also also the messages to be read etc or just two phones?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.